RC Racer

How do you transport you vehicle and gear...

When I go out for some serious RC-ing (not in the street or back yard) I bring a ton of gear with me so that I have what I need.

This includes:

Full Size tool box
    Trinity Monster Power RC Bag (carries fuel, RX, stands for the truck, batteries)
    TMAXX 3.3
    SAVAGE 4.1

Anyway I end up making 3-4 trips back to the truck and if this is a long walk in the woods to the pitts its really a pain. I was wondering what you all use to transport you trucks and gear, the trinity monster power bag is just big enough for the max and an extra set of tires but the bag is made of cheap material and does not hold up well.(It has rips all over the place)

I was thinking of like the large rubbermaid tubs whichare probably 48X24X24. . . . This wouldnt be easy with one person but a least its one trip and extremely durable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

I have 3 RC's to haul, I strap 1 to each foot and start them up, then pickup the 3rd and have my toolbox in a backpack. j/k

I have a small cooler to keep my fuel, cleaners, wd-40 and fuel bottle in, a tool and parts box (big fishing tackle box with drawers), it carries all my necessities including igniter, charger, DX3 controller, batts, etc.
    I put the stuff in my trunk and go. Along with a personal cooler of food and goodies while I'm at the track and a chair.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    I have 3 RC's to haul, I strap 1 to each foot and start them up, then pickup the 3rd and have my toolbox in a backpack
    LOL!, nice, thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning NN!..... now you know somebody is going to try this right?,lol.....SKATEMAXX!
    -------------------------------------------------
    hey miz, i use the rubbermaids and they are ultra handy, are relatively waterproof, and conceal the small fortune worth of Traxxas products pretty well(i was going to paint it up and slap some stickers on it but then i thought.... why advertise?), just make sure to bungee the lid down if it's in the back of a 1:1 truck, for safety's sake

granted it is a bit of a lift to get it outside,(by myself, with 2 people it's a breeze) but once it's there or i'm at the bashing site and i can't drive my 1:1 to where i want to be, that's when i put it on a children's wagon (bungee'd to the wagon to prevent a "rolloff") and head X-country

i don't have the wagon pics but you get the idea.... and as an added bonus, the wagon makes an excellent field bench for those on site repairs (a nice lip around the edge so you won't lose screws and parts)

moto
    wandering the RC galaxy gathering knowledge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can get one of those rolling dollys that fold up at some place like Manards or Home Depo. Then just strap your stuff to it and away you go.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Qualifier
    A F-250 long bed is a good way to go! Tahts what we use. We hit Rc's hard so had to trade our Mini VAn in for a way to carry out trucks! WOAH Im kidding... We dont do minivans! But we do use our truck. And I thought about buying a HUGE open trailer and straping only one truck down!!!!!! That would be AWESOME IMO!!!
    Alley King NF91
    NF91 A LEGEND

RC Racer
    I make about 3 trips from the basement to the truck to load up........then I just leave everything in the back of the explorer and bash around.

I do like the rubbermaid container though.........Thanks Moto.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i only ever bring one at a times so i just put them in the back of the expidition
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    [QUOTE=NuthinFancy91]We hit Rc's hard so had to trade our Mini VAn in for a way to carry out trucks! WOAH Im kidding... We dont do minivans! QUOTE]

Hey now, I do drive a mini van lol. But then again, I am also always hauling 7 people around as well as all the RC gear.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like you need this...

Should be big enough

or this

If Mr. Rogers doesn't say it...don't type it.

RC Racer
    Here is how I carry Mine...

I built this for carrying averything It is a work in progress casue I still have a few things to do before I paint it. I want to put a bracket on the side to hold a gallon of Traxxas fuel with the pump unit on can. and the other side to hold the transmitter.
    Inside there is enough room for all the tools spare set of tires and extra parts for repairs in the field.

It is has 2 doors on the top that open to reveal the storage area.

Only problem now is that when I put the Wing on my Revo it don't fit in there anymore so I have to build another that is about 4 inches longer for the wing to fit.
    5 T-Max's,Revo,E-Max,NitroSport,NitroVee&4-Tec

RC Qualifier
    you should make one like that with plexiglass so you can see in, that would look cool, i just have a big wingtote bag for it and the revo and some extras, and then with the outside pockets it holds almost everything

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by motomadd
    LOL!, nice, thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning NN!..... now you know somebody is going to try this right?,lol.....SKATEMAXX!
    -------------------------------------------------
    hey miz, i use the rubbermaids and they are ultra handy, are relatively waterproof, and conceal the small fortune worth of Traxxas products pretty well(i was going to paint it up and slap some stickers on it but then i thought.... why advertise?), just make sure to bungee the lid down if it's in the back of a 1:1 truck, for safety's sake

granted it is a bit of a lift to get it outside,(by myself, with 2 people it's a breeze) but once it's there or i'm at the bashing site and i can't drive my 1:1 to where i want to be, that's when i put it on a children's wagon (bungee'd to the wagon to prevent a "rolloff") and head X-country

i don't have the wagon pics but you get the idea.... and as an added bonus, the wagon makes an excellent field bench for those on site repairs (a nice lip around the edge so you won't lose screws and parts)

moto
    +100 on the rubbermaid containers... I initially wanted a truck tote but simply could not justify the cost of the bag.

I carry my stuff in the sterilite or rubbermaid boxes and it is as easy as can be....Fuel is in one along with other musc stuff, the other has everything else and the truck fits in the trunk or on the floor board of my work truck and we are off.

In the winter I sit my truck on the floor board and keep the heater on it and when I get to the bash spot, engine is warmed up and starts right up like it should.....no expensive truck totes needed.....The sterilite and rubbermaind container cost about 6-10 bucks each and they make excellent storage containers that organize the rc spot in my garage very well I might add.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    I put the transmitter/fuel/fuel bottle in a gym bag and strap that around my shoulder, then carry my fishing tacklebox loaded with r/c stuff in one hand, and carry my T-Maxx in the other. Arms are sore by the time I make it to the bashing site.

RC Racer
    Just go to the toy store and buy a wagon.

RC Qualifier
    This is what I use, my maxx slides right over the handle and sits perfectly on top and doesnt come off. BTW this is not my pic, i found it on google, its a stanly toolbox.
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Qualifier
    At my Lowes they have a rolling tub that the lid is hinged on one side and the other has a clamp that you can put a padlock on I would think this is what you are looking for.
    Tmaxx 2.5 now with 3.3 motor and trans,FLM Chassis, TI22 wheels,fantom pipe,big bore shocks,MIP cvds,OFNA wing mount and wing,and ballistic 2500 mAh pack.

when i go to my dads clients farm, i load it in the back of a kawasasi mule 4 seater with the rear seat folded down to load everything up....best way to do it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I want one of those little red wagons that Spinman posted pics of Trouble is I cannot find them in the UK!!!

My method of transporting my maxx is a short peice of rope, which I loop around the front A arms to make a carry handle, and then everything else goes in a backpack.

And yes, my arm (s) do ache at the end of the 30min walk to my favorite bashing site!! lol

RC Competitor
    I load my fuel, controller, and all my tools into a backpack, then strap the truck to the back of the backpack. Gets a little painful on the shoulders after a while though.

RC Qualifier
    I have a wingtote truck tote deluxe and it fits my T4, XXX-NT AD2, t-maxx and all my chargers, fuel, starter box, parts, chargers, fuel bottle, and anything else I need. Its really convenient and organized to just have everything in one bag.

RC Enthusiast
    I have been thinking of trying one of these. You can find them at lowes.com.

Kobalt for $59.97

Stanley for $64.43
    T-Maxx 3.3, usually beat and broke down.

RC Qualifier
    your maxx will fit in there?? It sure looks small....
    GOT ROOST?

RC Champion
    Joe Maxx get the Kobalt one. I been useing it for 3 months. Good stuff there! Just be warned the latches arn't the best.

Moon
    RCDIRECTONLINE to Support our Troops!

RC Qualifier

That is the one I use. I can get all of my tmaxx and mbx parts, tools, chargers, txs, and misc in there.
    Last edited by timberline97; 04-05-2007 at 09:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=RCOVERBOARD]
    Quote Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91
    We hit Rc's hard so had to trade our Mini VAn in for a way to carry out trucks! WOAH Im kidding... We dont do minivans! QUOTE]

Hey now, I do drive a mini van lol. But then again, I am also always hauling 7 people around as well as all the RC gear.

Mini VAns LOl Im Joking!
    Alley King NF91
    NF91 A LEGEND

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What is bad, is that I got rid of my sporty Grand Prix for the mini van. But hey, 3 adults and 4 kids take up alot of room, hum almost as much room as my RC gear lol. Oh well, I still have my motorcycle for when I want to feel like a real man.

RC Champion
    Real me strap a T-Maxx to a motorcycle? I should make a Maxx trailer for my wheelchair.

Moon
    RCDIRECTONLINE to Support our Troops!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCOVERBOARD
    What is bad, is that I got rid of my sporty Grand Prix for the mini van. But hey, 3 adults and 4 kids take up alot of room, hum almost as much room as my RC gear lol. Oh well, I still have my motorcycle for when I want to feel like a real man.
    yeah going from a '66 Pontiac Lemans at 20 to a mini van at 30. what a change.