Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Anti-Smokers....UNITE!

i recently quit smoking for the obvious reasons. Or I atleast try to. I'll cheat one here and there. But i was curious as to how many people quit cold turkey? or did you use the patch. I had to get help with the patch. Kinda works. I had to ban smoking in the business though. Now they must go outside. Hard to stop when everone else smokes around you.
    Your signature cant be longer then 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    I quit cold turkey one smoke and I was done. it was hard and temtping but Im Bo and I aint smoked in 9 years... Your never cured but its a struggle everyday...

NO BO!!!! NO!!!!! Lol Im not making fun of you. Its good you quit I just saw an opening to be a smug punk!

LOL
    NF91
    Alley King NF91
    NF91 A LEGEND

RC Qualifier
    My grandpa used to smoke a TON before I was born, then just quit cold turkey all at once one day because he didn't want to be a bad influence on his grandkids (I was his first one).
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2991125

RC Champion
    I started smoking at 16. Six months in I got walking phneumonia and bronchidas (HORRIBLE SPELLING) at the same time. I stopped after that.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^ | ||__ DRAGSTER
    |____TRAXXAS ___| ||'|";\..
    |(@)'(@)""*''|(@)(@)***(@)

RC Champion
    I quit cold turkey May 13, 2004. Never looked back. My wife on the other hand still smokes and my co workers smoke as well, its never been a problem for me, it's just will power......how strong is your will to live without lung cancer??

Kids........don't smoke, its a dirty habit that just kills you and hurts the ones who love you.
    Last edited by 1fast3.3; 04-04-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    No he's not the Tom from M-Space!

RC Champion
    Never started in the first place, don't drink, and haven't ever taken illicit (sp?) drugs either. Infact when I hurt my foot bad enough to get it x-rayed and take a few days off work I even refused the Vicadin and Prescription strength pain reliever (which was described as being like Motrin).

RC Qualifier
    been thinking about it quite a lot, due to the smoking ban in the uk pubs.....i tryed quiting before, i lasted 6 hours cold turkey.....wouldnt mind quiting, can get back to riding and being active, happily without being out of breath all the time.....ill get there thow, it is bad for you wouldnt recomend it to anyone, its not as cool as you think, especially in the uk when your spending like 4.70(10 dollars) a day on a packet .....waste of money, waste of health

well, since everyone else is telling a story of some sort, i might as well tell mine. I am only 17 years old and i have never smoked anything in my life, or done needles, pot, or anything of that nature. Mike, my best friend since preschool had his life turned upside down from smoking and alcohol. Me and him used to be great friends and used to hangout all the time and had fun nonstop. We used to build bombs, do stupid stuff and just be teenagers. Well, one night he wants to have a party with about 7 other guys. I say sure and i go. that night was the first time i had ever gotten drunk. There was marijuana there and alcohol and cigarettes. I only drank the beer, i was pressured into to smoking and the pot, but i refused to, and they accepted that after a few attemps. Mike on the other hand smoked and drank. From that day on, I have never drank again and still have not smoked anything. Mike was my best friend for 16 years and just like that we were heading down two different roads due to smoking and alcohol. Now, im happy with my life, i've got a great girlfriend and we both agreed to never smoke or drink. As with mike, he's hanging around with a bad crowd now and gets wasted weekly. we still talk sumtimes, but he's usually the one talking to me. I wish i could go back to the good ole days. I hope maybe some other teenagers read this and dont let this happen to them. Also, parents out there, beware of what activities your children are doing. it is so easy for us to get out, get high, smoke, drink or do whatever we want to do.

RC Racer
    I enjoy my smokes, Its one of the freedoms that I refuse to give up no matter what "The Man" has to say or what iggnorant laws the mooks pass! If they need to put a ban on something that really causes deaths and problems, they need to bring back proabition. Alcohol is the leading cause of death in this world, not smoking! How many people do you hear about killing someone while driving due to smoking a cigarette, or going out all night smoking cigarettes, coming home to beat the wife and kids? Never happens, but they say smoking is a bigger problem, its a load of horsehockey!! The uptight people who have issues with others smoking are hypocrates, who have all smoked in the past.
    Check my homepage.

I like your points you made. That is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I am not going to argue with you, i'd rather keep on the moderators better side. I agree that smoking is not a bigger problem than drinking. But smoking is still a major problem in the world today. Both my grandma and grandpa died from illness' due to smoking. So don't say smoking is not a problem.

And no smoking is not the number one killer in the US, but I believe that smoking is about number 3.

RC Qualifier
    I have never had a ciggerette touch my lips, or any kind of drugs. Dont plan on it either. I know I'm only 15 (16 in a week) but thats quite an accomplishment around here. I say a good 2/3's of the school population here smoke or do drugs. And probably 95% of the people here have tryed either one. Both my parents smoke, and I hate it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK31
    I like your points you made. That is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I am not going to argue with you, i'd rather keep on the moderators better side. I agree that smoking is not a bigger problem than drinking. But smoking is still a major problem in the world today. Both my grandma and grandpa died from illness' due to smoking. So don't say smoking is not a problem.

And no smoking is not the number one killer in the US, but I believe that smoking is about number 3.
    I never said smoking wasnt a problem, but its not the governments place to take away our freedoms and rights. They are supposed to protect us, not dictator us. If you dont want to smoke, thats a persons perogitive, its not your or anyones place to say that I cant enjoy what I have the right to do so. In public facitities I can understand it being banned, but there are some places where its illegal to smoke in the outdoors, on sidewalks and in personal vehicles? Is this country turning into a Dictatored country now, where my rights mean nothing except to be censored?
    Check my homepage.

RC Qualifier
    backyardbasher, keep it clean i know your not starting a flame war, but be carefull

i agree with you aswell, i do enjoy a ciggerate....but i know its doing more bad than it is good, i was well against the smoking ban in the pubs in the uk....its a british thing, no offence to anyone, but americans, just dont understand british concepts, pork pies, black puddings(which isnt actually a pudding ?)the language we use to describe things and our ways of life and being british lol.....and there is nothing more British than going into a smoke filled country pub, with a couple of mates, having a pint, and a ciggerate.....now at first i was MEAARRGGGHH!!!! BAN SMOKING IN MY PUBS RAR RAR RAR.....i went out last night for the first time, with this smoking ban.....
    i dont stink of smoke
    i could see the other end of the room because the lack of smoke
    i was there from 8pm till 2am(pub/club with late liscence and i know the owner well) had a pint of guiness, then went onto drinking coke(driving home gotta be safe) so was there 7 hours, i had 3 ciggerates.....i used to smoke 10 happily in 3-4 hours in a pub you could smoke in........
    i put my hand in my pocket i had money in there
    it felt a better place to be.....im kinda for the smoking ban, ok its another civil liberty gone..........but lets face the facts here, ok smoking isnt the worlds biggest killer, but it doesnt cure anything either does it?

only thing i can see being an issue with a smoking ban is higher petrol prices and beer prices......
    either way, i do enjoy a ciggerate, but there not that nice are they, seriously admit to yourself, the actual taste/after taste and smell is disgusting, i think i would be happier if i didnt smoke, eventually there going to be banned completly....think you just need to bite the bullet and stub it out at the end of the day

nick31 sorry to hear your mate has gone this way.....theres not alot you can do, i went through the same thing with a mate of mine, in school....and everyday he got worse, used to take illicit drugs....im not a violent person so please dont get me wrong on this, but as a mate to mate thing, i gave him a good hard slap, and told him to stop......got to the point where you could barely talk to him sensibly......gave him a slap, and serious chat, and hes turned himself around, dont abandon your best mate, go have a chat with him tell him how you fell, tell him to stop explain how life will be if he carrys on this way, no job, no money sleeping in the gutter.......im not old, but there is one thing i have learned in life.......i have many aqauntainces, i have very few friends, think about that.....remember when your down on your luck, no money, no job, lifes going bad and youve got nothing apart from your familly and friends..........speak to your mate tell him the problems he will face, ill tell him straight, and you can show him this if you like......when i was about 14 i started smoking ciggies, then i started drinking, i drank 2 years solid everyday through my education, i used to be drunk going to school and used to drink in school ive got no problem saying this, but i was an alcoholic, my grades suffered, my familly life suffered big time, im only just starting to get on with my dad again, alcohol ruined my teenage years....then my maths teacher told me that i had a brain i was smart and to use, i stopped drinking....passed my gcse`s and was asked back to school to do A levels, something i could never of done if i carried on being a complete dumby, by abusing myself with alcohol...id go back and yes i would love to change it......i go out have one drink a night, i dont care if thats cool or not, or if i cant keep up with my mates who drink more than me, i dont care...drinking masses doesnt make you cool, because you look so cool stumbling down the street, throwing up because you have had to much
    speak to him tell him to stop, remind him of the good days, and just speak to him, i mean i hope you can sort it out between yourselfs, friends are hard to make, and easy to loose, and fine weather friends come by the dozen

wow that was long

RC Competitor
    I quit cold turkey and lasted 6 months, then I used the patch (2 days) and managed to resist the dark mother for 8 months. My job doesn't prevent me form smoking so it's difficult but I'm gearing up to try again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am not a smoker and not an anti smoker!!If you want to kill yourself slowly thats your problem not mine!!!But 1 thing i don't like is passive smoking,If you want to smoke does that mean i have to breathe the same smoke,NO,I can't stand the smell of that smoke so if someday lights one in class i will politely ask him to go outside.If he does not accept then the cigarette goes outside alone without the smoker!!!(Thats the not so polite method!!!)Our laws state that you can't smoke in public places public transports,cinemas,hospitals and crowded streets,if somebody is caught smoking,the first time its a $50 fine(May seem little to you but its 34 times more here!!!),second time its $200 and the third time is great!!!!!!If you are caught for the third time you have to pick up every cigarette butt you find on/in the place they caught!!!!
    Example:
    They catch you in a hospital,every(I mean EVERYWHERE!!) cigarette butt has to be picked up,put into a plastic bag and handed to the officer!!!

Ever see a lawyer wearing a tie picking up cigarette butts in and around the courtroom!!!(That man will never touch a cigarette again in his life!!!)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so thats mine!!!!

If you want to smoke,no problem,but respect other non-smokers!!!
    Jack of all trades,master of none!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    SXE for life. No smoking, no drinking, no drugs.
    I would use mailbox posts to brake, then again I know how to drive.

RC Qualifier
    Well, what the hey, I might as well jump in here too. I used to do a lot of other things that were bad for my body. I drank a LOT, and did partake of my share of other "recreational" smokes, among other things. I have since given all of that up with the exception of my cigarettes. I will not deny that they are bad for me, but with all of the things that I have given up, I guess that I just want to hold on to something. It's the only "bad" habit I've got left. Last year I tried to quit cold turkey, and made it about 2 months. I was stressing hard at work, and finally my wife came home one day and put a pack of smokes in front of me. She told me to smoke one before I killed someone. So, I'm smoking still. They're a stress reliever for me. Kudos to all of you who have successfull quit smoking. I hope to going you someday when my life is less stressfull. Until then, I'll continue on smoking (knowing it's not good for me).

Mt. Dew and a Marlboro Light = Breakfast of Champions! lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by speedymaxx
    If you want to smoke,no problem,but respect other non-smokers!!!
    I smoke and totally agree with that. It's my decision to smoke just as it is someone elses' not to. If I'm standing outside smoking (in my designated area) and see a non-smoker, or say a woman walking with a child come by, I quickly palm the cig and put it behind my back to try and keep if from them. I've been told on numberous occasions that I'm a "polite" smoker... didn't know there was such a thing.

I leave for now with one question... what's worse for you? smoking, or smelling nitro fuel? love em' both

I started smoking when I was 13, thought it was cool, stopped when I was 15 cause I thought it was dumb. Joined the NAvy and in boot camp discovered smokers were given smoke breaks. I fell back off the wagon.
    I tried many time quitting cold turkey, no one could stand being around me, not even myself. In my early 30s I tried with the patch while on vacation, kept going and went 2 yrs then fell off the wagon again.
    I then watched my father suffer for 15 yrs with symptoms of emphysema which led to heart problems. He spent his last 8 years of his life tied to the end of an oxygen supply and very limited on when he could go out anywhere.
    2001 I quit again, used the patch again, haven't had a cigarette since. Never will.

It's in my genetics so I know if I don't stay away from them I will suffer the same things my dad did. No thanks. Those things are the most dangerous things out there. We really have underestimated the abuse of cigarettes. I wish they never existed.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have been trying to quit, (3 kids make it hard lol). Here in Lincoln they passed a smoking ban in all resurants and bars. You can not smoke within 10 foot of any public entrance either. 1st offence is $100, 2nd is $250, 3rd is $500, and 4th you can get up to 6 months in jail.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanKC
    I smoke and totally agree with that. It's my decision to smoke just as it is someone elses' not to. If I'm standing outside smoking (in my designated area) and see a non-smoker, or say a woman walking with a child come by, I quickly palm the cig and put it behind my back to try and keep if from them. I've been told on numberous occasions that I'm a "polite" smoker... didn't know there was such a thing.

I leave for now with one question... what's worse for you? smoking, or smelling nitro fuel? love em' both
    of course you get polite smokers....when we were allowed to smoke in restaurants, and i was with people, i would always move from the table and go to a quiet area for a smoke, its just polite, i dont want to taste someone else smoke on my food when im eating......

as for on the spot fines, if they try that with me i will simply walk off, like when they try and give me parking tickets, i ask the traffic warden how fast can they write and drive off lol.....see ive got my reasons which im not going into about why i dont respect anyone in authority anymore, simple terms coppers can do what they want and get away with it )

still wanna quit i mean ive not had one today so far

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCOVERBOARD
    I have been trying to quit, (3 kids make it hard lol). Here in Lincoln they passed a smoking ban in all restaurants and bars. You can not smoke within 10 foot of any public entrance either. 1st offense is $100, 2nd is $250, 3rd is $500, and 4th you can get up to 6 months in jail.
    Hmmm.....I still prefer the 3rd punishment here!!!!
    Jack of all trades,master of none!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RCOVERBOARD
    I have been trying to quit, (3 kids make it hard lol). Here in Lincoln they passed a smoking ban in all resurants and bars. You can not smoke within 10 foot of any public entrance either. 1st offence is $100, 2nd is $250, 3rd is $500, and 4th you can get up to 6 months in jail.
    You'll never quit if that's your motivation. Just keep in mind that every time you light up you are taking 15 minutes from your life.

Wanna really quit? Have a walk down the area of the hospital that is housing the patients with breathing and heart problems (usually in the same ward). Have a look, and have a listen to people choking and gasping for air. It will make you think a lot and leave a lasting impression you will never forget.
    Every time I want to light up, and I still get that urge once in a while, I think about that area of the hospital. It re-enforces as to why I wanted to quit.

My dad died at 62 cause of smoking. Never got to really enjoy his retirement, never got to see my kids/his grandchildren. But if he would have quit, I have no doubt he would be here this very day.
    All Lives Matter

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i hate smokers its anoying because the second hand smoke and whats even worse is they all drop there cigarettes out of there windows while driving
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Qualifier
    have you guys seen 'thanks for smoking' yet? Very interesting movie...
    L'argent ne fait pas le bonheur, mais il aide.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXREVOrusty
    i hate smokers its anoying because the second hand smoke and whats even worse is they all drop there cigarettes out of there windows while driving
    saves dirtying my ash tray in the car, makes the car worth more if its all clean lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    After an incident at my dads company involving 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and an employee that was smoking, and numerous violations of the no smoking on company property rule, my Dad has implemented a no tobacco ban for all his employees. By May 31 they must be nicotine free, determined by a drug test, or they are going to get show the door. Some may say this is unfair and possibly illegal, but he has taken every step to ensure that it is legal. He has provided 6 months notice of the ban and is offering company sponsered quit smoking programs. To this day only 5 employee of 50 smokers have taken action to quit smoking. Just over half of his employees smoke and they feel he will not fire that many people. They are going to be sadly mistaken when May 31 comes around.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my grandfather died of lung cancer from smoking, and my uncle has nearly died at age 50 from smoking and drinking, his life has really gone down he pratically lives his life by himself in depression he has nearly killed himself and refuses to quit his destructive problems. In school I hear people talk about smoking way too much in my L.A. and biology. Students have told my biology teacher that they are going to have a drug party on 4/20, which is what I've heard is a druggy holiday, my teacher himself tells them he used to be a heavy alcoholic and he sees no moral issue in drug use. He has even told students which alcohols he perfered when he drank and which made him puke. The druggies were proud when they counted over half the class had smoked pot before, the whole class is full of failures while the teacher has no control over them then makes the class easy enough for the class to pass, I have never done homework at home in that class and my grade was 93% last semester.
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Champion
    i started smoking when i was 12, almost thirteen and quit november 5th 2006 at the age of 15 which was one day before my 16th birthday. that was my present to myself. i knew i was really starting to get addicted since i was smoking up to 6 a day during that past summer and when i went more than an hour without one i felt confused and lightheaded. i decided that i had to stop then and there. i got my dad to quit when i was 5 and he hasnt had a cigarette for almost 11 years now. i still have no objection to smoking pot or drinking because they have somewhat similar affects that i enjoy when i wanna relax. for any of you out there who are trying to quit and just cant then take a substance that isnt addictive or as harmful to smoke, like shreaded tea leaves, and roll that up and smoke that instead. it sounds silly but youre still smoking something except without the nicotine and other deadly chemicals. it helped me to stop and i still do it sometimes when my friends are smoking as a social thing.
    Last edited by gatman90; 04-05-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    ss5800 stampede, 2.5 jato, 2.5 rustler

RC Qualifier
    im going to be 15 in may and some of my friends smoke... i never got into it i think its not "cool" and it makes people stink.... i smoked a couple of times in the 7th grade like gatman said "shredded tea leaves" and cigarettes.. only like 5 or six times in my life... i dont want to get into it and i probably never will. i saw how hard it was for my uncle to stop and i dont want to go thru that.....
    So We all said "Wendy's Foo" and drove off.

RC Champion
    yea just dont start. when i get a craving i roll a cigarette with various things like tea leaves which i mentioned earlier. the only reason i smoked was because my friends did it and i liked blowing the smoke out so i dont the real thing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cuda_tmaxx
    After an incident at my dads company involving 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and an employee that was smoking, and numerous violations of the no smoking on company property rule, my Dad has implemented a no tobacco ban for all his employees. By May 31 they must be nicotine free, determined by a drug test, or they are going to get show the door. Some may say this is unfair and possibly illegal, but he has taken every step to ensure that it is legal. He has provided 6 months notice of the ban and is offering company sponsered quit smoking programs. To this day only 5 employee of 50 smokers have taken action to quit smoking. Just over half of his employees smoke and they feel he will not fire that many people. They are going to be sadly mistaken when May 31 comes around.
    The lawyers are going to have fun with your dad's company. If I was a lawyer I would be sharpening my pencils and getting my files together. Cause even if your father's actions are considered legal he is opening up a legal Pandora's box and that's just going to cause hime legal fee's.

I would also highly diasgree that he can do this, what if people are taking the patch, chering tobacco or chewing the nicotine gum? Then it will show up in the blood tests too.

I'm a former smoker, I do not like the smell of smoke. But that is truly unconstitional to fire someone because they use tobacco.

Maybe instead your father should offer free Dr. supervised smoking sessation classes, patches, etc. Now there he would be doing a service and getting healthier employees too without the legal entanglement.
    All Lives Matter

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately NN alot of companies are going to this. Just look it up. The sad thing is to work for someone you have to abide by their rules. I mean say you drink the night before and they drug test you, you still have alcohol in your system so therefore you came to work drunk right? Also the same for pot. But it is illegal so i can somewhat understand that. But anyways like I said there are alot of companies doing the non smoking thing. Ive seen plenty of it on the news. Even my fiance works at a non smoking company and there reasoning is it is too expensive to insure a smoker compared to a non smoker. Just another one of our rights that are slowly slipping away
    ♫Laissez les bon temps rouler!♫

Quote Originally Posted by RustyRevolution
    Unfortunately NN alot of companies are going to this. Just look it up. The sad thing is to work for someone you have to abide by their rules. I mean say you drink the night before and they drug test you, you still have alcohol in your system so therefore you came to work drunk right? Also the same for pot. But it is illegal so i can somewhat understand that. But anyways like I said there are alot of companies doing the non smoking thing. Ive seen plenty of it on the news. Even my fiance works at a non smoking company and there reasoning is it is too expensive to insure a smoker compared to a non smoker. Just another one of our rights that are slowly slipping away
    1. If you have alchohol in your bloodstream or urine you ARE under the influence and should be fired.
    2. Marajuana is illegal. Most companies either random test or test when an incident happens like an accident at work or driving a company vehicle etc.
    3. Insurance companies offer different rates and different policies for smokers, the company should just make them pay the difference.
    4. A smoke free workplace is one thing, but now people who are addicted to a Legal Drug are fired?

There are a lot of companies doing a lot of things, doesn't mean that a sharp attorney is not going to make a hayday out of it and cost these companies even more money in legal fees. That's all I'm saying. Trust me just because they feel they are within their rights doesn't mean it's not going to open the doors to so many law suits it's not funny. I don't care about the fact of the non-smoking.... I don't smoke, but when I don't get a raise this year cause the copany is below budget and it's because of lawsuits, I'd be really ticked off.
    All Lives Matter

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    The lawyers are going to have fun with your dad's company. If I was a lawyer I would be sharpening my pencils and getting my files together. Cause even if your father's actions are considered legal he is opening up a legal Pandora's box and that's just going to cause hime legal fee's.

I would also highly diasgree that he can do this, what if people are taking the patch, chering tobacco or chewing the nicotine gum? Then it will show up in the blood tests too.

Its a good thing you are not a lawyer, because you will lose. A few employees have tried to fight this, but my dad has spent the money on all the legal paperwork, and it is air tight. A few employees have contacted lawyers and they will not touch this.

Nicotine after May 31=fired. Plain and simple, they had plenty of notice, 6 months. Had a 4 day old $40000 truck not been burned to the ground because of a careless employee smoking, things may have been different.

He is not the only company around here doing this. Gentex, the company that engineers and makes the mirrors with the turn signal lights and electronic rearview mirros for GM, Ford, Chrysler, ect have gone to the extend of making it a requirement that the employees spouse also be nicotine free.

Maybe instead your father should offer free Dr. supervised smoking sessation classes, patches, etc. Now there he would be doing a service and getting healthier employees too without the legal entanglement. :cool
    This should be more than adequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda_tmaxx
    He has provided 6 months notice of the ban and is offering company sponsered quit smoking programs
    Those programs include gum, patches, and whatever else you use to quit smoking.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier
    He is not the only company around here doing this. Gentex, the company that engineers and makes the mirrors with the turn signal lights and electronic rearview mirros for GM, Ford, Chrysler, ect have gone to the extend of making it a requirement that the employees spouse also be nicotine free.
    Yeah I read that. ANY dependants have to be nicotine free. Not sure about that company but that clause goes into kids also. All I gotta say is whatever. If you want all nonsmokers, then so be it. If you smoke, get a different job. I dont know about y'all but I dont think smoking a cigarette or even being married to a smoker decreases my qualifications any. So go ahead fire me and spend more money on hiring agencies to bring in someone else who is less qualified, and will cost money for training and then will probably quit or be fired for something else. arrghh getting irritated now, I think this thread should be closed soon before it gets heated

RC Qualifier
    I think ill go smoke a cigarette to calm down now!

RC Champion
    i just broke my promise to myself. i took a couple puffs from a cigarette today and it made my head feel all lightheaded again. if i had had a whole cigarette i probably would've gotten somewhat addicted again. i figured that 1 or 2 puffs isnt any different from being around people who smoke a lot and breathing in the maintstream and sidestream smoke for a couple hours.

RC Racer

I'm a former smoker, I do not like the smell of smoke. But that is truly unconstitional to fire someone because they use tobacco.

Maybe instead your father should offer free Dr. supervised smoking sessation classes, patches, etc. Now there he would be doing a service and getting healthier employees too without the legal entanglement.
    DITTO!

There isnt a law made that a good lawyer can get around, just ask OJ and Michael Jackson. HMMM, I think I need to fill out an application before May 31st.
    Check my homepage.

RC Racer
    theres nothin worse than reformed smokers.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast