RC Competitor

Extended T Maxx suggestions needed!!

I am thinkin of setting up my T maxx to race this spring. I am wondering if I can get some suggestions on how to get it to be competitive. I am thinking of an extended chassis if it would help with the wheelies. i have an OS 18 on it and it is crazy about wheelies. If I do get a extended chassis, which do you suggest and do they also fit the small block engines such as the OS 18? Thanks for any help. Troy

RC Qualifier
    Fast lane machine make an extended chassis for .21 and small block. I have it on my maxx and run a .21 and its an awesome chassis! Heres a pic of my truck with the chassis and a link to the chassis.

chassis- http://www.rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/p...p?idproduct=58
    my truck-

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would first try to move some weight to the front of the truck. Strap your battery to the front tower, do the Ofna tank mod. I have been racing with a small block chassis, and a 3.3. Yes it did wheelie all the time, till I spent some time figuring it out. But I do have to agree the FLM chassis is a good one.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Qualifier
    hey jumokongman was wondering what it measeured from center of front wheel to center of rear wheel let me know if you could with the FLM thanks
    Drive Fast, Crash Hard,
    needs to join H.U.A!!

I would say the FLM is a good way to go, then again you could go all out and have a UE Thunder Chassis or use a Predator chassis with a monoblock extension. But that is big $$ too. FLM would be the more budgeted approach.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Since you are looking to race, I would recommend either the UE thunder chassis or the Dace predator chassis with monoblock extension or RcrX with setback arms. The beauty of the UE / Dace stuff is that are engineered to be as light as possible while still remaining incredably strong. The down side is that you have to dig a lot deeper into your wallet.

While the FLM will work as well as being a lot kinder to your wallet, the down side is that comparitively its a heavy chassis.
    Last edited by kramr05; 04-05-2007 at 05:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    from the weight comparisions i have seen on the FLM the are less then stock
    Drive Fast, Crash Hard,
    needs to join H.U.A!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by klonedskillz
    hey jumokongman was wondering what it measeured from center of front wheel to center of rear wheel let me know if you could with the FLM thanks
    Center to Center is 13.5 inches.

RC Qualifier
    thanks man aprecita it
    Drive Fast, Crash Hard,
    needs to join H.U.A!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by klonedskillz
    thanks man aprecita it
    anytime