RC Racer

stampede vs losi lst and losi 8

Well as you probably guessed they both beat me up pretty well in the dirt track. For laughs we tried pavement and I did win on the straightaway. I have the mm7700 geared14/90 running m2k. Does anyone have any suggestions for at least keeping up or not embarassing electrics on the dirt track? I lowered my ride hight removed my shock spacers, laid the shocks down, but can't really get a grip. I know the cars I was with were 4wd,and also 1/8 as I am 1/10, but this is my only track within 70 miles and it is rough and loose, but FREE!! Maybe a new tire rim combo? Plese help I don't want to go nitro after soooo many $$$$ into electric and my lack of knowledge of nitro and the lack of patience for what appears to be endless tuning!!!!
    extended flm kit mm7700 u name it I broke it

If there is anybody else at the track running 2wd electirc ST's, like rustlers or evaders, ask them what tires they recommend, especially if you see them pulling good lap times.

Don't be mad about not winning in the dirt, a 4wd buggy is obviously going to handle much much better in the dirt than a 2wd monster truck with major low end torque. be happy that you won in the straights, 4wds hook up good on ashphalt as well so if you beat them they probably know that your electric pede isn't messing around (as well as yourself)

RC Racer
    Unfortunatly they are only running 4wd nitro at this track so I am all alone!! I also don't care for the hassle of nitro, and there are not any 1/8 scale 4wd electrics that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by 4boys3pedes
    Unfortunatly they are only running 4wd nitro at this track so I am all alone!! I also don't care for the hassle of nitro, and there are not any 1/8 scale 4wd electrics that I know of.
    Well then be the first person to make one!

Hmm thats a bummer that there are no electrics.. I would go with some stadium truck tires, check out your LHS to see what they got for ST tires, pro-line dirt works hook up pretty good, I have a set on my rustler. I also have HPI dirt bonz on my st-15, they hook up very well in the dirt.

RC Champion
    Pro Line Bowties, these tires are INSANE on dirt, they have unbelievable grip.
    "Q" is for Dr. Tran!

RC Racer
    The bow ties are on order any suggestions on a radio setup? I have seen the spektrum setups a bit expensive for me, but the failsafe is a must. Oh I only ordered the bowties for the rear should I put them up front also?

RC Champion
    People tend to run ribbed tires up front for cornering bite. Something like this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDX57&P=7

I don't have experience with this tire, this is just an example. It will probably work great though.

You might consider doing a wide conversion to make your truck more stable.
    XL-1 Pede + Novak SS brushless...old school baby!

RC Champion
    THESE would be good for running up front. Or you can run Bowties all around. Your decision. For a radio, I like the Hitec Agressor, so what if it doesn't have an LCD or model memory, who needs it? It's a RADIO!!! I have yet to get out of range with it.
    Last edited by nitrosportfreak; 04-12-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    "Q" is for Dr. Tran!

RC Racer
    those are some strange looking front tires. The reason for the spektrum suggestion was for the failsafe. There are a lot of people at the track that I go to and it is free and unregulated so people play some rough games om each other and I do not want to be a part of it!!

RC Qualifier
    is it an indoor track and waht is the dirt like? is it clay?
    Rustler XL-5 ~ Mamba Max 5700

RC Racer
    It is an outdoor track, but if it doesn't rain for a while it is very loose and dusty.

RC Racer
    ...There are a lot of people at the track that I go to and it is free and unregulated so people play some rough games om each other and I do not want to be a part of it!!

I posted a review on the 6900 Pede track truck I did posted ++Here++. The tires these guys have showed you will help, but one major problem with a Pede on a track is top heavy / center of gravity - sliding out...see how I dealt with that.

But...plain and simple...I have fun at the track and expect I'll beat some people and open some eyes from time to time, but I really dont EXPECT to win...not even within my class of electric stadium trucks. We are at too many disadvantages, Pedes (by nature) are fun and good at many things, but really great at nothing (sorry but true)...possibly could be great at drag racing with many mods...thats about it IMO. But it is a fun all around truck that can go alot of places, but like anything take it away from it's realm and it wont do as well.

If you dont want to lose...do like me...I'm going for a xxx soon and will keep my Pedes for big grins and family fun....but IMHO reading your track situation it may be best to find some local electric guys and do your own thing or get your own time on that same track.
    Last edited by MadMax_77; 04-12-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    69 Pede-77-Pede-XL5 Pede-Rustler-XXXT

RC Qualifier
    there are some 4wd electric races buggies out there I think kyosho makes them... I want to say that one of them is called a Lazer-
    not much will be a 1/8 scale buggy or truggy- that center diff is a big part of the advantage there. the center diff in conjunction with the rear and front diffs put the power where you need it most.
    i like my sons Pede
    l have great fun with my 3.3 mAxx
    and I love my MBX4 buggy for the fun factor on a good track nothing beats a 4wd racing buggy, the handling is simply amazing!

the pede is more of a challenge to race- slippery 2wd. if you cant race against other 2wd electrics, then I highly recommend getting into 1/8 nitro racing buggies- you will not regret it. I tell I have yet to break anything besides a few clutch bearings on my MBX4 buggy- the racing buggies are just built extremely strong and really take abeating without breaking- I am not blowing smoke here- these things just dont break- at least the Mugens don't ;-)

RC Qualifier
    I use mine on the track alot too. I went for Bowties on back and proline edges on the front http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXFHL7&P=K. I would stay away from running bowties all around because if your track is hard packed with loose sandy type dirt on top, then the bowties up front will just slide and not steer. No matter what you do, you aren't going to hang with the 4wd buggies, they just get are going to hook up better, while you are just trying to keep it straight when you give it power. With my MM7700 I put my punch control at 100% to keep from losing the rear end, but i still rarely go past half throttle. A good electric 4wd truck would be a losi XXX4 for a smooth dirt track, or a XX4 worlds edition for a bumpy track, you can usually get a good condition roller for about $150 on ebay.

RC Qualifier
    im looking at a BK1 graphite edtion,b/c the rusty just can't compete unless i jangify it which i may try first
    Rustler XL-5 ~ Mamba Max 5700

The bow ties are on order any suggestions on a radio setup? I have seen the spektrum setups a bit expensive for me, but the failsafe is a must. Oh I only ordered the bowties for the rear should I put them up front also?
    why do you need a failsafe?

esc's dont run with out input but when nitro's loose signal the servo's stay is the spot they lost signal

a failsafe wouldent work on electric unless you have a msc and a rx batt.
    Last edited by SPORTMAXX369; 04-12-2007 at 10:21 PM.

RC Champion
    I would put the 7700 in a bandit or rustler with some bowties. Then you could keep up much better.

Although bowties on your pede should help you quite a bit. Their traction is awsome on dirt/clay tracks.

We race around a small track in my yard and the pede almost never wins. Too bulky and heavy, it is a basher not a racer IMO.
    It is all about the speed!

RC poster
    Here is a guid to help you. 125$ investment on a stock pede can keep you close. As for 2 wheele drive trucks abilty to shine on a loose dirt track I would have to say its been done quite well. The Rc10gt's and rc10t4's throw down killer times. But there alot lower and wider with better suspenssion. If you convert your pede to run on a track you can say bye bye to the big air jumps.

This link has one other upgrade that is not mentioned. Limiting your shocks will also keep your turck lower and help with chassie roll. Helps you from kicking the back end out.

Hope this link helps.

http://rc.off-road.com/rc/article/ar....jsp?id=389334