RC Racer

Cyber-Maxx and Maxx test platform projects

hey guys, while i was waiting for my UE brace for the racer past week i started to work on those projects.. ive had the parts for a while and i though it was time to work on them..

the first 1 i build is the test platform maxx.. this platform will serve me to test different things.. like an alternator.. ofna tank setup and maybe set it up for race so i can compare with my racer to see if the revo shocks setup was a worthy move

i will build the Cyber-maxx once im done with the test maxx platform(which is almost done atm, need a few screws and install some parts) and i have only 1 tranny, so i can only fully build 1 truck.. and too much stuff is missing for the cybermaxx.. like the bb engine & pipe, front skid, tires and rims and some other stuff

pics of the parts

maxx test platform

current settup:
    tmaxx 2.5 chassis
    TRX 2.5 engine(yes.. thats the engine that was in the racer. looking for a new engine for the racer atm :P)
    3.3 engine mount
    SSK v2 alum. pipe
    black tranny w/ Kimbrough Spur Gear 32P 72T
    3.3 battery box
    3.3 bulkheads
    3.3 braces(those that was on my racer)
    RPM upper/lower arms all around
    8 Hot Bodies threaded shocks(btw. i have HB shocks on my savy, my maxx basher... and now this 1.. i love them! probably i will order 2 new set next winter.. 1 for the gf her truck. and a set for the cybermaxx)
    Integy alum. bulk braces
    Integy center skid
    futaba s3004 for throttle/brake
    some steering servo skid
    dynamite big daddy fuel filter

i forgot who make these bumbers.. but i love them.. lol, some1 know who make them?
    EDIT: Pro-Line Bumpers (thanks 1daniel14)

i plan to install a ofna tank sometime for longer run time and make some room for the alternator.

more pics and stuff to come
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 05-13-2007 at 03:29 AM.

RC Champion
    Those bumpers are by Pro-Line , i have the front one which i dyed purple , looks very nice indeed good work!!

RC Racer
    ahh.. thanks for the info did some search before i post, but only found alum. bumpers and the rpm one's :/

RC poster
    That's a lot of bits.

Good luck with the test platform. Keep us posted.

RC Qualifier
    where can u buy the Cyber-maxx chassis?
    got nitro? (no? okay, how about electric?)

RC Qualifier
    yea but the chassis isnt there anymore just the roll cage

RC Racer
    http://r-cstore.com/store/product_in...128cc73ec684bd

thats the whole kit to build a Cyber-Maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    i plan to install a ofna tank sometime for longer run time and make some room for the alternator.
    Alternator... as in making electricity? Do tell!
    ....and for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you - and burn your village to the ground. - Wednesday Addams -

RC Qualifier
    http://r-cstore.com/store/product_in...128cc73ec684bd

thats the whole kit to build a Cyber-Maxx
    o............is there a way to buy just the chasssi?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thats a good deal
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Champion
    Sweet!!! Another one of your amazing projects. I loved your other one with the Revo shocks. This is going to be sweet. keep em' comin DarkAngel
    2.5 Crankcase w/ Bearings-$18 Shipped!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck_2
    Alternator... as in making electricity? Do tell!
    yep.. exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RCRacer225
    o............is there a way to buy just the chasssi?
    i dont think you can buy the chassis alone, got mine off ebay

I looked over at RC Solutions, I was wondering what type of material the chassis was made from? I couldn't find anything on that.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    yep.. exactly
    Awesome! Any more details? Is the alternator something you built yourself, using a small motor, etc? How is it coupled to the engine?

Will this be a battery-less truck? that would neato. Spoze you'd loose steering and brake when your engine flames out but oh well.

Just curious - I'm a geek.

Sounds like a great project!
    ....and for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you - and burn your village to the ground. - Wednesday Addams -

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    I looked over at RC Solutions, I was wondering what type of material the chassis was made from? I couldn't find anything on that.
    thats a good question.. seem isnt made of 6061-t6 alu.. also it look different from 7075-t6 alu. but its a very strong chassis.. no doubt there.. maybe its made off ergal or something like that. ive no clue..

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_2
    Awesome! Any more details? Is the alternator something you built yourself, using a small motor, etc? How is it coupled to the engine?

Will this be a battery-less truck? that would neato. Spoze you'd loose steering and brake when your engine flames out but oh well.

Just curious - I'm a geek.

Sounds like a great project!
    yes i build it myself, and the system will use a small motor.. but a brushless one(they are way more efficient) w/ a 3-phases rectifier, this alternator project is still far from a reality, but i work on that the alternator will be coupled with either with a special flywheel and a belt or some different way that i will design sometime later

RC Champion
    What exactly is a cybermaxx? I looked on the rc solutions site and the install directions show the chassis with the rc solutions cage. Alright....So what are the main differences, benefits, why would someone want a cybermaxx, etc..?
    HPI Baja 5B
    T-maxx--->Going E ----> back to T

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildjones
    What exactly is a cybermaxx? I looked on the rc solutions site and the install directions show the chassis with the rc solutions cage. Alright....So what are the main differences, benefits, why would someone want a cybermaxx, etc..?
    basicly its a BB chassis kit that is specialy designed for the cage, it does eliminate the throttle bellcrank, realocate the tank to the front/center of the chassis for a better weight balance. a longer wheel base and also u can use any standard chassis braces for the maxx with this kit
    and for those who doesnt run a body(i rarely put a body on when i bash).. this cage look awesome and should do a good job to protect the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    ive sent them a e-mail