Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

one heck of a let down...

i know i am deffinetly not alone in saying this, but dang traxxas i was expecting wayyy more out of you than this...
    Novarossi Powered Truggy, FLM VXL Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    1 up on that...
    Revo 3.3, Nitro and E Rusty, T-Maxx project

RC Qualifier
    not that much of a let down. Those w/ $$$$$ good for them. stock it goes as fast as the old rustys
    Getting back into the hobby

RC Qualifier
    never mind......dont want anymore warning points. +1 on the above stated!
    Last edited by ejohnson1979; 05-24-2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Its not a hobby, its an addiction!

RC Champion
    You guys are crazy. Going to brushless was the smartest thing Traxxas could have done. This way they stop people from buying systems like the Mamba or whatever else they want. Now im not a huge fan of electrics but still this is a good thing. We all have those days where we would rather just plug and play rather than mess with nitro all day.
    Live now, not then.

RC Qualifier
    I already have the new style rustler. the vlx is a good platform, havent tested the new electronics but don't know yet. Seems to expensive probably, way to be brave traxxas. It was all a big hype. The top speed is amazing. imagine hitting something
    Getting back into the hobby

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, but to get the 70 mph you have to buy a lot of extra stuff (pinions, fancy batteries, etc). And none of those stock are faster than my SportMaxx (and it's one of the original ones without the 2 speed).
    Xbox Live tag=Jothcra
    Now we know what the V is.

RC Qualifier
    Remember on the movie "christmas story" when Ralphie checked the mail everyday waiting for his secret decoter pin and it ended up being a let down when all it said was "be sure to drink your ovaltine"? Well that is how I feel right now, definately was hoping for a buggy
    (2)3.3 Revo, 3.3 Jato, Slash, Losi 8ight

RC Qualifier
    imo electric revamp cars, just isnt were the market is at this time... traxxas should be working on a mini, a truggy, or a buggy... imo very bad move on traxxas's part

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch
    imo electric revamp cars, just isnt were the market is at this time... traxxas should be working on a mini, a truggy, or a buggy... imo very bad move on traxxas's part
    Im sure all those are coming. Jeeze you kids get so worked up when something that isnt a fancy new race truck that most of you wont get to have until your birthdays or Christmas.
    Live now, not then.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by imhungry114
    Im sure all those are coming. Jeeze you kids get so worked up when something that isnt a fancy new race truck that most of you wont get to have until your birthdays or Christmas.
    ohhh no...im not worried about that i allready have my truggy.....simply BECAUSE THEY HAVENT MADE ONE YET!!!
    Last edited by clutch; 05-24-2007 at 09:49 PM.

RC Champion
    I think you guys should calm down. Most of you are making the mods work really hard. This thread is going to end up closed if it gets worse.
    No one ever really dies.

RC Qualifier
    traxxas just doesnt realize how much buizness they are missing by just re-releasing old cars..

RC Champion
    So many of you just want to complain. You nitro people have been pampered for the past 7 years. The last time something great for electric came out was the original emaxx. Everything since has been little improvements here and there while nitro got first the 2.5 then the 3.3 and the revo, then the jato.

It's time. Electric has grown by leaps and bounds over the past five years and Traxxas sees that this is an exploding market.

When they came out with the T-maxx there was nothing else like it and it dominated the market for 5 years.

Traxxas takes chances, and in the business world that is extremely rare and commendable.
    Some things are just meant to make us wonder.

RC Qualifier
    +1 for TexasSP traxxas is awesome!!

RC Champion
    I totally aggree with TexasSP! It is definitly time!

Look out nitro here comes electric!

RC Qualifier
    yea!!! I really wanted a new nitro boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    = (
    shockwave 36 And 7.2 villain

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So many of you just want to complain. You nitro people have been pampered for the past 7 years.
    That is stated very well. It isn't always about nitro guys. The electric crowd have received little love in recent years. The speeds with those vehicles are crazy fast for out of the box electrics!
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by imhungry114
    You guys are crazy. Going to brushless was the smartest thing Traxxas could have done. This way they stop people from buying systems like the Mamba or whatever else they want. Now im not a huge fan of electrics but still this is a good thing. We all have those days where we would rather just plug and play rather than mess with nitro all day.
    im still gonna buy a mamba cause its $130 cheaper

RC Competitor
    -1 on the first post. I am liking these..

Maybe in the future I may look into one if the price is right. I know the big question now is the price. I see that the estimated speed is about the same as the XL5 stampede..

I dont know about that..

Only thing that I think traxxas really could have done different is come up with a 4WD truck at a price of the stampede and size. I think with the right axle design and using one motor it would be a great truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin'
    That is stated very well. It isn't always about nitro guys. The electric crowd have received little love in recent years. The speeds with those vehicles are crazy fast for out of the box electrics!
    with the optional pinions and spurs sold seperatly

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas did a good job on this one, you guys gotta remember that a brushless revo or truggy is a huge jump from where they are. I say give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP
    So many of you just want to complain. You nitro people have been pampered for the past 7 years. The last time something great for electric came out was the original emaxx. Everything since has been little improvements here and there while nitro got first the 2.5 then the 3.3 and the revo, then the jato.

It's time. Electric has grown by leaps and bounds over the past five years and Traxxas sees that this is an exploding market.

When they came out with the T-maxx there was nothing else like it and it dominated the market for 5 years.

Traxxas takes chances, and in the business world that is extremely rare and commendable.
    Couldn't they give us an E Jato? I'm an electric guy and i am disappointed. I outgrew rustlers and bandits a while ago. This thing is going to go for over 300.00, the only one that can afford it will be those who out grew it and are running Jato's and rich kids. The ones traxxas targeted this series for are not going to want to shell this out, to find out later they are not into it. Sorry, but Ejato would have been better to introduce this in. Don't take this as bashing or flamming, I love traxxas, but question this route

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP

+1 I think it's great! even though I just bought a Rusty not quite 2 months ago. From a business perspective it's a great move to offer BL RTR's

I won't be getting one, but my rusty will reap some benefits from the new one!
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with the optional pinions and spurs sold seperatly
    Same as the clutch bells with the nitros. The end result is a pretty dang fast vehicle, much faster than any other stock electric.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin'
    much faster than any other stock electric.
    Understatement.
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Racer
    I'd like to see one in real life.

This is going to be a stepping stone, IMHO. It is not ground breaking, but it is forward progress in a great direction.
    Last edited by monel_funkawitz; 05-24-2007 at 10:19 PM.

RC Champion
    i like the brushless ruslter it looks fast in the video i might end up geting one

then the kids can run it
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjato
    Couldn't they give us an E Jato?
    want an ejato that bad? do what i'm doing and build one!

RC Racer
    Traxxas needs to beat Castle on a MMM equivalent. THAT would open some eyes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy
    +1 on post #1. all the hype for that? wow.
    What hype?
    The only "hype" that I saw was from people speculating about a flash animation on the Traxxas home page. Traxxas themselves did not force everyone to post their opinions in that monster thread.

Personally, I think continually improving a product is a good strategy. There are going to be a lot of people upgrading their custom pedes and rustlers to the new metal tranny parts, which makes current customers happy. The new product line will have many more potential customers than a truggy.
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by monel_funkawitz
    Traxxas needs to beat Castle on a MMM equivalent. THAT would open some eyes.
    who's to say that a VXXL maxx or VXXL revo isn't next on the horizon?

RC Racer
    i like the brushless ruslter it looks fast in the video i might end up geting one
    Can I get a link to that video? I was looking for the BL rustler video but I only saw the video for the XL-5 Rustler.

I also think that this is yet another step forward for Traxxas. I will get the Rusty as well (if I can afford it).
    Last edited by RC Trucks!; 05-24-2007 at 10:31 PM.
    Who needs nitro when you have a Velineon?

RC Qualifier
    I wasn't diisapoitedn I'm very excited! Traxxas JUST released the FIRST BL rtr!
    Beside with that new all metal higher toque bb servo you nitro guys are probably are going to get I wouldn't be complaining. Other than the fact that with a $5 upgrade or less you can lose to a almost stock electric......

RC poster
    I want an E-revo...
    Omg its the V....

I would prefer one with traxxas engineering, not my hack skills. I have a nitro Jato and love it, Just thought with the big banner it was going to be bigger. No offence, but they didn't do this for the Revo, or the Tmaxx, or the Emaxx. I am not taking away from the esc and motor, sensorless, sensored with sensor wire and brushed is awsome, 11.1 capable is awsome, but the cars they put them in can't handle the power, unless they run all metal gears in the transmission. I see a lot of people either smoking the slipper or blowing the idlers (or both) in less than 5 minutes. I'm not flamming or bashing traxxas, I am just pointing out a Very well known flaw in the design

RC Champion
    I find the only times I see people blowing idlers and trannys and slippers is when they run them on concrete/asphalt not dirt, where they are intended to run.
    No he's not the Tom from M-Space!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORTMAXX369
    im still gonna buy a mamba cause its $130 cheaper
    This is not true. Final "street price" is not known yet. Traxxas will probably sell a lot of VXL equipped trucks, and VXL motor systems. The huge volume will make BL more affordable. If anything, general prices for BL systems will probably fall now that there is more competition.
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast3.3
    I find the only times I see people blowing idlers and trannys and slippers is when they run them on concrete/asphalt not dirt, where they are intended to run.
    And inexperienced people who land with the throttle pinned, seen it done and done it myself

Quote Originally Posted by arceeguy
    This is not true. Final "street price" is not known yet. Traxxas will probably sell a lot of VXL equipped trucks, and VXL motor systems. The huge volume will make BL more affordable. If anything, general prices for BL systems will probably fall now that there is more competition.
    I see you're point on the possible drop in prices, a lot of those systems went into these type cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast