Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Trucks!
    Can I get a link to that video? I was looking for the BL rustler video but I only saw the video for the XL-5 Rustler.

I also think that this is yet another step forward for Traxxas. I will get the Rusty as well (if I can afford it).

sure here you go

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/v_promo.htm

watch it here let the preview load then you will see a screen to watch the video.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    I missed something In my previous post you need lipo's to beat a nitro so make that $100+ And yes the do have an all metal tranny I'mm not sure about the other gears though and actually I think they don't tell you. Maybe one of the mod's do.

RC Champion
    I like it. It seems like a good idea and I would really want one. The only thing that could screw it up is the price. I think if it is reasonable priced, it will be a huge success. I think the XL-5 Stampede at $180 is a great price for what you get. I just hope the VXL stampede isn't overly priced.
    Rustler VLX
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Stampede
    E-Maxx

RC Racer
    while these 2 days of w8ing for that release and looking at that big V thingy.. i could have spend 1 hour or so on towerhobbies and buy all the nessesary stuff to build my own 1/10 BL st or buggy :/ really disappointed
    something we never see duh? ive seen a rusty b4.. and ive seen BL system... so whats new? digital servo.. thats nothing new..

but oh well.. gj traxxas putting that in a rtr kit.. wonder how long it took to the RD to figure that one

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by needaservo
    I wasn't diisapoitedn I'm very excited! Traxxas JUST released the FIRST BL rtr!
    Beside with that new all metal higher toque bb servo you nitro guys are probably are going to get I wouldn't be complaining. Other than the fact that with a $5 upgrade or less you can lose to a almost stock electric......
    It is not the first, the Losi XXX-T BL. is out there, NOW it has some serious out of box competition.

Good job Traxxas, would have liked to see a new chassis released with this, but good job.

Quote Originally Posted by arceeguy
    This is not true. Final "street price" is not known yet. Traxxas will probably sell a lot of VXL equipped trucks, and VXL motor systems. The huge volume will make BL more affordable. If anything, general prices for BL systems will probably fall now that there is more competition.
    it said $300 for the motor/esc combo
    and on b-p-p it is 170 for a mamba max combo

RC Racer
    Thanks GlowThunder.
    That video was amazing!
    Who needs nitro when you have a Velineon?

RC Qualifier
    I agree 100%. Total let down, very disappointed. I'll never buy a dinky electric car... I was expecting them to actually jump on the bandwagon and build a real race buggy or truggy like the rest of the companies
    If you're not first, you're last!!!

RC Competitor
    if you're dissapointed, you're not alone.. other members here are as well. i'm not though. it's a pretty big thing, a factory brushless system? come on now, that's pretty big!! it's about time that the electric line got some new changes, like the nitro has in the past. traxxas created no hype at all..they just posted that little flash thing on their homepage and voila..everybody freaked out wondering what it meant..its all of our faults..im guilty of posting on the thread about the "V" ..but i'm not complaining about a let down by traxxas.simply ourselves are to blame guys. sorry for contributing to the "hype" i think it's great though! a brushless ruslter come on thats aswesome! yea, other competitors are probably scratching their heads and wondering what they should do..anywho, see ya l8r forum...!!
    V?

Quote Originally Posted by SPORTMAXX369
    it said $300 for the motor/esc combo
    and on b-p-p it is 170 for a mamba max combo
    Thats the manufacturers suggested price, for it to compete, it needs to get at tower for about 200. I can't see the whole combo (car and system) going for less that 300 though, Hope they keep the New old rustler for now

How many of you paid our $960 suggested retail price for your Revo 3.3? Hands please! Hello???
    The hype was all extremely warranted. If you are disappointed it is because you had already decided what it should be and we did not release your custom product. There is absolutely nothing to be disappointed about in this release. This is mostly about the Valineon system. We happened to have some pretty cool and fantastically popular vehicles to put it in. With Valineon they can easily be made faster than most nitro vehicles. We had a top speed thread going in the Stampede forum. The fastest anybody got was 56mph in the Stampede. The only reason the Stampede is slower than the Rustler or Bandit with the Valineon system installed is that it’s a monster truck and the body turns into a parachute at those speeds. Be happy! We made it and we support it. Be early getting one on backorder at your shop because it will be a long time before the demand dies down enough to make them easily available.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12