RC Qualifier

we need to keep up with hpi

they are comming out with a savage x 4.6. we need to come out with a 5.0 maxx. that would be sick what do you guys think
    Spur gears $3, Having a good time Priceless!

RC Qualifier
    Id put my money on a T-MAXX 3.3 against that truck any day of the week.

Tanks, need big motors in order to move them. Tmaxx's don't.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    yeah mabey a big block 3.3 or do they have a big block 3.3 conversion out there

RC Qualifier
    Or they could have a 5.2 engine for the t-maxx,Of coure the maxx would have aluminum diffs,trx cvd's,etc.I would like to see a 5.2 t-maxx race a 4.6 savage.Then do a truck pulling contest, .I don't care what people say about a huge engine in a t-maxx,it would be bad*#* !
    Last edited by mudshredder07; 06-15-2007 at 12:09 PM.
    youre not offroading until you go muddin!

RC Qualifier
    If you were to put much more of an engine in the T-Maxx you wouldn't be able to keep it on its wheels in the corners.....

Sad to say, but in engineering there comes a point when enough is enough. Maybe in a different vehicle (Revo, perhaps?).
    O.S..18TM T-Maxx
    8ight-T

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshredder07
    Or they could have a 5.2 engine for the t-maxx,Of coure the maxx would have aluminum diffs,trx cvd's,etc.I would like to see a 5.2 t-maxx race a 4.6 savage.Then do a truck pulling contest, .I don't care what people say about a huge engine in a t-maxx,it would be bad*#* !
    i agree that would be bad and then they should beef up the suspension so it would not be off the ground in the corners . and beef up the chassis

RC Qualifier
    the tranny wount stand up to th 3.3 with out a foc, then the diffs come into play.
    with out some really good hop ups it wont take a true bigblock
    savage axial .28,pro .15 maxx,rusty

RC Qualifier
    true or we could some what modify the savage's tranny. and beef it up more and keep the 3 speed or even a 4 speed. then put it into a 5.2 maxx

RC Racer
    The Savage weighs so much due to the Big Block motors HPI is putting into it. They have to have more weighty, metal parts to get the Savage to hold up well to the power of a 4 ci engine. What does the Savage weigh now, like 50% more than a stock Maxx??? The design of the T-Maxx just isn't suited for the power of a BB; if Traxxas started making BB Maxx's, they would start looking a lot like the Savages. But a new 1/8 scale, Traxxas designed monster might just appear with a 4. something one day... Anyways that's just my two cents worth
    Bash Hard and Fly Far!!!

RC Qualifier
    yeah but still it would be sick to have a 5.2 engine in a maxx i mean you would be looking at 55-60 mph fast that's fast. and ithink we should have a new look for the maxx 5.2 if they make one. new suspension, chassis and who knows what else. but i want to be the first person in line to have a 5.2 maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    there a great 4.6 out for the power hungry person its called the axial .28rr
    or u could get the .32 version lol then you would have nice amoutn of power
    as for me im sticking with .21 or below
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Surely there must be an engineering limit to how big the powerplant can be, If you had a 5.2 Maxx, surely you would need larger hex hubs, because 14mm would strip. You would need metal driveshafts and gears through out.

I think the TMaxx looks a lot better than a Savage anyday.

RC Qualifier
    madmouse. I have to disagree with you on that. Never had one tranny issue with my 3.3 while I still had reverse in it. I do have FOC in mine now because my track does not allow reverse. Much better performance yes. But the stock tranny not holding up to a 3.3? Dont think TRAXXAS would have so many of them out there if that were the case. Dont think TRAXXAS would let that happen either.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on NTJ-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    I have that .28 on my 1/8th scale buggy. All I can say is WOOOOOOW! I think that engine would shread the stock T-MAXX drive train?

RC Racer
    It would be cool if Traxxas made a 5.2 big block engine and put it in the T-maxx and call it the X-maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by 13yr 3.3 racer
    they are comming out with a savage x 4.6. we need to come out with a 5.0 maxx. that would be sick what do you guys think

The Savage x 4.6 has been out for a while now...it still can't touch the 3.3. I ended up dripping an Axial .28 with a three speed in the Savage and my Revo would still beat it...You have nothing to worry about.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin force
    The Savage x 4.6 has been out for a while now...it still can't touch the 3.3. I ended up dripping an Axial .28 with a three speed in the Savage and my Revo would still beat it...You have nothing to worry about.
    well.. its not the 4.6 but samething happen with my tmaxx w/ a os .18 and my savy 25, or my savy 25 runnin with my friend his maxx w/ a 3.3, the savy look rediculously slow and heavy whit about no topend and poor accel, but hey.. dont try to follow my savy in the extrem rough terrain(low speed stuff) cause where the maxx will get stuck the savy wont

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NJT-MAXX
    madmouse. I have to disagree with you on that. Never had one tranny issue with my 3.3 while I still had reverse in it. I do have FOC in mine now because my track does not allow reverse. Much better performance yes. But the stock tranny not holding up to a 3.3? Dont think TRAXXAS would have so many of them out there if that were the case. Dont think TRAXXAS would let that happen either.
    Now don't get me wrong i love my maxx and dont buy anything non traxxas but i know my tranny didn't hold up and there was others on here too. After i got a good tune it cleaned my output gears off. But since foc. It is holding up real good. I gotta give credit to traxxas that was the only real break i had. And lets just say the truck has been run hard!
    T-maxx 3.3-- In the upgrade process!

RC Enthusiast
    A friend of mine just bought the big block 4.6. WOW that thing rips and it is loud as ****!!! Im not saying im gonna buy one but that thing is sweet!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i have the axial .28 in my revo and it doenst cause problems but then again tis a revo but it is a little to much power
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

Quote Originally Posted by TRXREVOrusty
    i have the axial .28 in my revo and it doenst cause problems but then again tis a revo but it is a little to much power
    Running a center diff by any chance? Really helps out
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    The Maxx suspension system is patended. Why would traxxas change the maxx to beat the savage when the maxx already beats it? Come on, the savage has seen 10 versions now. Dont beleive me, go onto the website and count the times u see the name svage with something else with it. Dont forget the discontiuned models. And think of this, the maxx only has about 6 version. Each targeted to a diffrent modeler. If anything traxxas needs to think about for the maxx is new plastic materials for the A-arms and bulkheads.
    Retired RC'r till funds can be found...:(

RC Competitor
    The T-Maxx with the new O.S. 21TM that is coming out will outrun every other MT (maybe not the revo). A BB engine will have more torque but I don't think it will make the T-MAXX faster. The low weight is what makes the traxxas trucks so fast.

RC Qualifier
    If we put much more power into the existing chassis it will be like a nuclear bomb disguised as a T-maxx When u press the throttle the wheelie bar would snap off and it would land upside down

The Savage has always been like a big heavy dog and the T-maxx like an agile cat that can out manoeuvre it
    .15 Pro T-MAXX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'd prefer a slightly lesser powered, well balanced and lighter truck, in comparison to having a heavier truck, that needs a huge engine, just to keep up with its lightler counterpart. I like the nimbeness of the Maxx, and definately would not want anything heavier.

RC Champion
    The Maxx has it's good and bad like all of em..I run a Savage X SS and it is a monster and is a great truck just like my Tmaxx is a rocket of a truck.....Which one is the best??? They BORH are made well and and are very fast....Savages are a bit more durable overall but nothing to cause WWIII..........................

RC Qualifier
    the 3.3 maxx's i have seen dont even get 3gals before then need tranny work.
    a stock savay only weighs about 12-13lbs a maxx is 11-12lbs
    14mm hexs will hold up to big block power (savays and orther big block trucks prove this every day)
    as for a maxx keeping up with a savay. a stock 3.3 maxx vr a x ya the maxx will walk off but a 4.6 vr a 3.3 no way will it keep up, my savay out runs maxx and revo 3.3's and big block revo kits (i just cant keep up in a turn)

i still like my maxx for what it is so dont get all he doesnt like traxxas and crap on me.
    savage axial .28,pro .15 maxx,rusty

RC Champion
    I have a MAXX 5.0

that is a 5.0 is a .30. Its a bit of over kill and would be down right dangerous in the hands of a noob.
    Pay It Forward.