Thread: Front Brakes

RC Racer

Front Brakes

Has anyone ever heard anything about somehow putting front brakes onto a Jato?? If anyone has any ideas please say everything.
    2.5 Race JATO
    2.5 Rustler
    SpektrumDX2

RC Champion
    Front brakes will probably not be a good idea. They will tend to cause understeer which will push you out of the corners too much. Oversteer is your friend to make a tight turn. Having said that, it is perfectly possible to add front brakes. Use a little imagination.
    Revo 3.3 mk1, Xray M18MT, LRP Shark MT

RC Qualifier
    front brakes on a 2wd car? not sure how you'd pull that off since the front wheels are completely disconnected from the drive train and out of reach of any servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoThai
    front brakes on a 2wd car? not sure how you'd pull that off since the front wheels are completely disconnected from the drive train and out of reach of any servo.
    I agree, all you need to do is hop up your breaks.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Qualifier
    I was looking into this a while ago, i looked at adding 1/5th scale rc bike disk brakes and calipers to the front wheels. IMO there is still no reason why it couldn't still be done, i just dont have the time or money to put this plan into action. They would make you stop on a dime but as mikesalt said, they may cause understeer.
    O.S .18TZ Powered Jato
    Simple as.

RC Racer
    Ok thankyou everyone...i was just thinking of something else i could experiment with since i am trying to design and fabricate something to make my jato four wheel drive...just thought it might be cool to do some endos =).
    2.5 Race JATO
    2.5 Rustler
    SpektrumDX2

RC Qualifier
    4 wheel Drive WooT WooT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato360
    I was looking into this a while ago, i looked at adding 1/5th scale rc bike disk brakes and calipers to the front wheels. IMO there is still no reason why it couldn't still be done, i just dont have the time or money to put this plan into action. They would make you stop on a dime but as mikesalt said, they may cause understeer.
    The main problem is that 1/5 scale RC bike disk brakes probably won't fit in the wheels. They would be much too large.

RC Racer
    why would anyone even think about front breaks on a jato most of the time the front wheels arn,t even on the ground ???????????

RC Racer
    the cartwheels would be cool.
    Custom Jato 3.3. All controlled by Spektrum DX2.0