Thread: leaks

RC Competitor

Question leaks

my engine is runnning really hot and someone said that it might be do to a air leak some were and i replaced to fuel line and the fuel fiter so the only thing that would have a leak would be the tank right and how do u cheak for a leak in the tank.

RC Competitor
    You probably have a leak in the carb somewhere. Not the feul lines. Check the seals and stuff like that.
    4-tec Drifter!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by shipsw
    how do u check for a leak in the tank.

Checking for leaks in your tank

1. Remove the tank from the truck, empty out the fuel, leave one piece of tubing on the fuel output of the tank.
    2. Go to a sink and fill sink with water, place a finger over the exhaust nipple tightly, lower the tank into the water fully submersed, make sure the lid is seated fully closed.
    (DO NOT let the end of the fuel line into the water).
    3. Blow into the fuel tubing and check for bubbles, if you see any bubbles, note where they are coming from as there you will find your leak.

As far as your carb goes, loosen the nut that holds the carb to the casing and rotate & press the carb to seat the seal, while holding the carb down tighten the nut snug (do not over tighten or you will crush the carb and it will be ruined.
    Also, go over the HSN assembly's lower nut and re-snug as these can vibrate loose enough to cause a leak.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by theartist; 06-30-2007 at 03:56 PM.

RC Competitor
    thanks that helps a lot

RC Competitor
    ok i did that and it leaks from the gas cap i tried to adjust it and it didnt help so i think it is that seal right?

RC Racer