RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Best way to waterproof an ESC

WHats the best way to waterproof an ESC other than buying a waterprrof one? Which I will probably end up doing eventually). WHen I got one of ESCs (free) it was plastic dipped and I removed the plastidip. Can you safly plastidip an esc and run it? Or is there a better way?
    Want a TJ wrangler near Louisville, KY under $4000

RC Competitor
    i've heard of people taking escs and putting silicone caulking in the empty space to keep water out
    MM7700 rustler;Spirit;MM5700 WidePede;Super E-Maxx

i used to put my esc and reciever inside of ballons and wrap a zip tie around the opening to close it up but ONLY DO THIS when youthink your going to be near moisture, i don't have to tell you that the esc could possibly heat up with no breathing room but ti does work great for mud and wet grass or playing in the rain. you can also use ballons as shock covers too!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well this ESC is coming out of my rustler and actually going into a boat, so its definitly going to be around moisture.

As far as the ballons for shock covers, just a quick little fact, I made a mudding truck awhile back and found that you can take the skinny party animal balloons and stick them over the shock shaft and the shock body, that way you can still see your shock but its still protected.

see i dont know why you would do that seems to me there would be alot of binding with the ballon on the inside of the spring. the way your supposed to do it is take the spring off the shock and put the spring in the ballon and cut holes at both ends so you can reinstall the spring onto the shock

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know, I have made several set of my own shock socks b4. These were for a mudding truck and I wanted to keep as much mud off the shock as possible. There was absolutly no binding on the shock because the ballon was just the right size.You have to see it to know what Im talking about. Ill see if I can find a pic.