RC Racer

whats the best air filter for 4-tec 3.3

i'm looking into buying a new air filter for my new traxxas 4-tec 3.3. i have a rustler that has a motor saver air filter. would those be any good for a 3.3? could anyone help me find the best air filter for my 4-tec 3.3.

thanks!

RC Competitor
    I use the small motor saver version so that I don't have to cut the car body up so much with the big filters. Works great.

RC Racer
    which one is that i've never seen it before? would a 1/8 scale air filter work best?

RC Qualifier
    id stick with the filter included, a new element and your good, the foam style trx uses on their engines is quite efficient
    Nitro Revo gone electric, Nitro rustler in pieces!

RC Racer
    my slide carb link keeps rubbing against my air filter. so i was thinking about the motor saver filter. then i read about 1/8 air filters work way better.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBobRustler
    id stick with the filter included, a new element and your good, the foam style trx uses on their engines is quite efficient
    Good point!
    Traxxas states right out of the manual "You will not improve engine performance by switching to an aftermarket filter." I know I'm guilty of it, I've ran a motor saver filter for awhile now. I've been looking into the Integy filter, the ones with the aluminum housing.

RC Competitor
    The stock air filter works perfect,why mess with a good thing?

RC Racer
    For Rustlers and Jatos onroad I think its ok to use a Motorsaver for maximum airflow. But the 4tec sits so low and typically gets much dirtier, I think it might be wise to stick with the Traxxas filter,seems like it might have the best protection.imo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    MS filters are supposed to have better air flow, but IMO you can't beat the protection of the stock TRX filter. I use the stock filters with K&N oil and my sleeves are perfect.

RC Enthusiast
    1/8 buggy filter with outer foam. perfect.

I agree with the statement about not improving the performance with after market filters, however, i only clean it every now and then. it provides no more speed, just a little more convenience.

RC Racer
    thanks for everyones replies. my slide carb link keeps rubbing against my filter so thats the reason i want to get another one.

RC Racer
    revo general could you supply me with a link to the best 1/8 filter that will fit on my 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    sure buddy, i use something like this.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKLN7&P=7

RC Racer
    thank you!