RC Qualifier

Good Day at the track

I Hit 70mph with my stock 3.3 4 tec. I was shocked that it actually hit the 70mph mark. I am going to put the dual Chamber pipe on it today and see if it makes a difference for top end.

Its funny, i had a 4-tec pro that i put a 3.3 in and it would only get to 65mph. i pull out my new 3.3 4 tec and it gets the job done.

My 3.3 still has the ez start on it... i bet it will get a little bit bettr tp end if i take that ez start off and put the dual chamber pipe on it.
    The Winners Circle: Revo w/ O.S 18TM --> 4-Tec Pro

RC Champion
    thats really good speed. once you lose someweight and put that pipe on i can imagine it going like 75
    Nitro & Electric RC Basher (better then crasher)

RC Champion
    I bet it will go faster. RCCA hit 72MPH with a stock 3.3 4-tec.
    Stampede
    PM ME FOR RC CAR ACTION BACK ISSUES!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by drewfromden
    I bet it will go faster. RCCA hit 72MPH with a stock 3.3 4-tec.
    but there experts and probably have amazing tunes

RC Champion
    True. I wish I could tune like that.
    Stampede
    PM ME FOR RC CAR ACTION BACK ISSUES!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by drewfromden
    True. I wish I could tune like that.
    yea i need some tuning 101 right now. me and my nitro newbie self

RC Racer
    what percentage of fuel are you using when you hit 70mph?

RC Qualifier
    I was using traxxas 33%. i just put the pipe on... i am going to try one mod at a time.. to see what makes a difference and what doesn't.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bluephi1914
    Its funny, i had a 4-tec pro that i put a 3.3 in and it would only get to 65mph. i pull out my new 3.3 4 tec and it gets the job done.
    thats because the 4-tec 3.3 doesnt have the same gears ratio

n4-tec:
    Gear Ratio (1st Gear) 2.56
    Gear Ratio (2nd Gear) 1.85

n4-tec 3.3:
    Gear Ratio (1st Gear) 3.00
    Gear Ratio (2nd Gear) 2.16

RC Qualifier
    yes, realizing that, I changed the gears in my 4 tec pro with that has the 3.3 in it, to match my 3.3 4-tec.

The older n4tec came with top end gears if im not mistaken. the 4tec 3.3 comes with bottom end gears stock. i made sure the same bottom end gears were in them both. shucks, the older 4-tec had a DC pipe on it also.

thats what surprised me. the 3.3 4-tec can hit 70mph with bottom end gears and a SC pipe, and my older n4tec w/3.3 engine couldn't hit but 65 with top end gears.

RC Competitor
    AWESOME!

Funny thing is that I tell ppl that my RBmodded 3.3 has hit 90 MPH and I get all kinds of no it din't and all that but a stock 3.3 can hit 70+ MPH easily. I use a Fushion pipe that I take the guts completely out which makes it louder than a regular style pipe but it revs so good like that too. I also use the 15 tooth gears front/rear as well since I have a modded motor as well.

Good luck bluehi1914 and definately keep us posted.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bluephi1914
    yes, realizing that, I changed the gears in my 4 tec pro with that has the 3.3 in it, to match my 3.3 4-tec.

The older n4tec came with top end gears if im not mistaken. the 4tec 3.3 comes with bottom end gears stock. i made sure the same bottom end gears were in them both. shucks, the older 4-tec had a DC pipe on it also.

thats what surprised me. the 3.3 4-tec can hit 70mph with bottom end gears and a SC pipe, and my older n4tec w/3.3 engine couldn't hit but 65 with top end gears.
    The 4-tec pro (kit model with graphite parts) comes stock with the optional gearing installed ( gears for lowest top speed but best acceleration). The stock 4-tec (original version & 2.5) comes with the top speed gearing installed.

Also, I don't think you understand that even the same exact gears on the 3.3 will give you a lower overall gear ratio (top speed). If you match the gears, you must also change the pulleys to be the same in order to maintain the same overall ratio. They changed the pulley to get more top speed out of the 3.3.
    -Terry
    "The best part of wakin' up....is Nitro" i

RC Qualifier
    Terry i thought there was some other difference besides the 1st and 2nd gear. I knew that the spur gears were the same, but i figured the pulleys had to be different.

Brent i am a believer now. I am changing the pipe on my 3.3 to Dual chamber and will test it out tomorrow. I will then change from the stock gearing and move two notches to 15/19 (1st gear) and 41/37 (2nd gear).

I'm figuring this will push me to 75+mph.