Thread: High Speed Runs

RC Competitor

High Speed Runs

I got some traction compouned for my tires and went to do some high speed runs but im not sure im getting full power out if her. I know i should take the elec. starter off to get higher speeds but until i get the starter box ill just stick to elec. start but i could swear i can get faster runs out of her then what shes giving me so far. Im still a rookie when it comes to tuning. lol!

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,

How is your brakes on your car

A

RC Competitor
    my brakes need to be tightend up some but there not too bad.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good vid , nice place to take some speed, i need a place like that !

I cant get mine to its full speed potential here...
    But next time , put the music lower. We cant hear the engine really good.

Nice video
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Competitor
    Thanks! Heres a different video i did without music. In the video at times i lose signal with my Spektrum DX2 radio but im not sure why? Also towards the end I hit the brakes to slow down the 4-Tec but they didnt stop it hard enough so i hit the curb and went three feet in the air fliping and landed on the grass but it was ok. It just throw my streering off alittle.

RC Competitor
    does it sound like it might go alittle faster if i tune it more? I hear 2nd gear shift to quick. is that ok or should it take longer to shift?

definately need to tighten the 2spd shift grub screw a bit.

she's changing way too early. i like my cars +trucks to pull about 85 % of their capable RPM in first before changing to second so theyre still on power when the gear changes.

your barely using first at all, and letting it wind out in 2nd. you can get a whole lot more acceleration if you use more of 1st gear.
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

RC Qualifier
    From my experiences, the electric starter didn't affect my top end when i switched it out for the pull start... niether did the chrome dual chamber pipe affect my top end.
    The Winners Circle: Revo w/ O.S 18TM --> 4-Tec Pro

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info!
    How would i go about tightening the 2spd screw?
    I thought that it was adjusted by tuning your engine? When i first got the car broken in it wouldnt even shift into second gear until i leaned it out some. But i do think its shifting too early.

how were your temps after those runs, i was actually wondering if its a little lean because its holding rpm's a fair bit when you let off the throttle and is blowing virtually no smoke.
    a smidge lean on the hsn is my thinking?

rotate your spur gear until you see the adjustment hole.
    hold gear so the hole is at the top, and rol car forward till you see a second hole in the 2spd drum

insert 2mm hex key and tighten (clockwise) maybe 1/8 turn then re-rest.
    go a little at a time, its sensetive so expect to do it several times before you get it set right.

if you change the gearing or if the engine tune changes a lot you may have to make minor tweaks to correct this.

RC Competitor
    My temps were fine around 230 or so. It was kinda cool out that day so im not sure if thats why you dont see smoke.
    Im a total rookie when it comes to nitros!
    Ill try adjusting my gear this weekend and make another video! I love seeing and hearing my 4-Tec flying by!

the only thing better is when you can hear it shift gears as it zips by, i love the sound of any rc as it changes

RC Champion
    yea that little motor is revving out , sorry no more speed
    everything i own is brushless and lipo baby

RC Competitor
    Ill try it again this weekend with new glow plug and new fuel.
    My current plugs alittle burnt and my fuel sat in my garage in 95degree heat for two weeks about amonth ago so it might of gone bad.
    Now i store it inside my house.

RC Champion
    Your fuel should be fine. 2 weeks of summer heat is not bad if it was out of the sun. Probably safer in the garage than in the house. Just don't put it down on the concrete floor. The heating and cooling from a concrete floor can cause condensation in the bottle or can and that will hurt your fuel. To avoid this, try to keep your fuel in a plastic container just big enough for the amount of fuel you have or at least small enough to allow you to squeeze the air out of the bottle when you cap it. This helps with the condensation tremendously. Half empty bottles will condensate badly.

As far as the 95 deg heat is concerned, I have run all day events for an entire 2 months before in that kind of heat outdooors. Not much you can do there to keep the fuel out of the heat. It never affected my fuel any.
    -Terry
    "The best part of wakin' up....is Nitro" i