Thread: Pro-Line 30's

RC Competitor

Pro-Line 30's

My anacondas are bald, so I ordered a new pair of Pro-line 30 wabash wheels and road rage tires. I tried to mount the front wheels with the spacer in between the bearings as they are on the traxxas wheels, but it wouldn't fit. If I leave out the spacer, then the wheel won't tighten on the axle all the way. If I place the spacer on the axle first, before the wheel, as I did on my proline 2.2's then everything seems good and tight. Is this the proper way to mount these wheels? I don't want them to fly off tomorrow when I go to run. Thanks!

Susan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it should be fine, just make sure the nuts dont loosen up easily the nylon thingers should do their job, if theyre worn out blue lock-tite works fine. I use ball bearings as spacers had 2 extra from the mini-t and they fit nowhere so I figured I could use spacers. the wheels should be fine I dont tighten mine 100% because the wheel doesnt turn as good and stresses the bearings more
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Racer
    had the same problem plus the screws for the adapters were too small. i think proline owes us a rebate!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by triton5150
    had the same problem plus the screws for the adapters were too small. i think proline owes us a rebate!
    Yeah, the screws for the adapters do not tighten quite as well as I would like, but the directions say not to tighten them too much. I thought they were small so that they didn't split the wheel plastic when tightened. I'll see how they work this afternoon. Should have probably just bought a new set of anacondas, but they didn't last very long on asphalt. Thanks!

Susan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Moast people use the new era hubs, I am going to get them for running foams as soon as my 2.2 foams run down lower than where they are now. Not verry happy with the e-bay foams, they don't last that long. Maybe on a electric car they would be good.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Qualifier
    those road rages will last a great deal longer than the anacondas. I'm gonna get me some Proline 2.8 wheels and tires soon.

RC Qualifier
    hey need 4 speed, what traction compound did you use? some give better wear than others.
    Jato 3.3-Drilled Res & Light porting

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You mean on my foams? none. They grabed good so I didn't think I needed it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAN3.3
    those road rages will last a great deal longer than the anacondas. I'm gonna get me some Proline 2.8 wheels and tires soon.
    The road rages worked great on asphalt with hardly any wear compared to the anacondas. I took it out to a HUGE school parking lot yesterday and ran 4 gas tanks through it. I did a lot of doughnuts, sliding stops and wot runs. (I love to hear it shift into second) Not crazy about the design of the wabash wheels. They remind me of spoked bike tires, but when you're running them you can't see them anyway.

Susan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea, I have the andacondas up front and the road rage IIs in the back and they grab pretty good. I never hear my jato shift, the rpms get up so fast when I give it gas it just goes from first to second in less than a second.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    You mean on my foams? none. They grabed good so I didn't think I needed it.
    If you use traction compound, they would last MUCH longer, and would've gripped better, so if you get some other foams, get traction compound, they'll last much longer.
    Jato 3.3-Drilled Res & Light porting

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, I will do that onece they die. I am going to get the 1/8 foams with the new era 17mm hex.

RC Racer
    For what it's worth here...I use the same setup (wabash wheels, road rage tires) on my jato, and have for at least a year. They still have tread. Mine are 2.2, but I had some of the same issues (screws for the adapters don't seem to tighten all the way, spacer issues). However, I will say this. These tires/wheels rock, and any problems are worth it. The adapters are actually cool because when your rear tires eventually wear out (mine are almost a year old and are just about ready to go to the front) you can swap them with the front tires and get another few months out of your tire/wheel setup. Can't do that with direct fit wheels and glued-on tires...lol. Saves a lot of money because otherwise, you have to buy a new set of tires when your front tires are still showing plenty of tread.

+1 on running in school parking lots, that's where I do almost ALL of my high speed runs!

RC Racer
    ok maybe i'm crazy but i'm getting better life from the anacondas than i did the rr2's. maybe cuz my rr2's were taped? i dunno. i'm not knockin em, i still have a set. i just picked up the anacondas for something to beat on while waiting on foams. i'm pleasently surprised at how they've taken the abuse!
    Silly fast Jato 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the road rage IIs are softer, meaning they wear faster and the andacondas rip instead of wearing evenly. I have like a gallon and a half on my rr2s and they still have grip.