RC Enthusiast

jato spins on acceleration

hallo

i have a jato 3.3 and she had a little crash.i change avary part to fix it.because one of my front rod was bent/ i decide to change all the rods to the traxxas upgrade kit (the red rods).anyway i fix it like the manual.but since then the car on hard accelartion from the spot id spinning to the right side all the time!!!!! i have to be more "easy" on the gas....i chack the body from dents.i check the lenge from the front wheel to the rear wheel on each side.....but nothing i did help me the car always slide to the right.i also notice that the canopy doesnt fit to the 4 holes.....i have to "help" her to seat in place....
    ichack the frame nothing......anybody can help.....i also check the diffrential mybe tooth was broke but noting. after the car accelerate she is strait like an arrow.but from the spot it'S NIGHTMARE....!!!

RC Champion
    sounds like a jato! it's your rear diff prolly. it's not possi! put a thicker diff lube in it and it might help a little! also recheck that the wheels are straight from adjusting your camber links and turnbuckles. mine spins to on low traction areas!
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Racer
    +1 on the diff. Get a heavy differential oil, 30k or so, that should straighten her out pretty good, as long as your wheels are all lined up.
    Silly fast Jato 3.3

RC Champion
    you might want to chek your pins in the back for the a arms, they may be bent

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can you use shock oil in your diff? I put some 35k shock oil in there because I am useing my jato on fri. I forgot that I was useing it on fri. I took it apart so I could just put my traxxas cdvs in when I get them.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Racer
    No, shock oil is too thin. you deffinatly want diff lube. 30k is what I'm runnin right now.
    Silly fast Jato 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So shock oil is like no oil right?

Traxxas Marshal
    You mean 35wt, right? 35K would be some mighty thick shock oil! (35,000wt).

It wouldn't be like no oil, but it's just too thin for the application (I would guess based on other's posts). I'd get something thicker like Lyle is using.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool

It wouldn't be like no oil, but it's just too thin for the application (I would guess based on other's posts). I'd get something thicker like Lyle is using.
    I'm not guessin. lol. I know the book says shock oil, but its wrong. Other people tried to tell me (NOLA JATO) but I didn't wanna listen, had to learn the hard way.
    Silly fast Jato 3.3

RC Champion
    n3.3d_for_sp33d...here is a good comparison for the difference between shock oil and diff lube...shock oil is, well like any other oil, motor oil for instance can be poured and flows well when poured...diff lube is more like the constancy of say honey or molasseses, its kind of "goopy/sticky"...big difference...
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool

That is why I bairly go to hobby town unless I am down there. I sayed I wanted stock and they said it was stock jato shock oil but just a different brand.

Onece I get my steel drive shafts I will put some oil in my dif. I don't think it will hurt it because my electric one has bean dry since I got it and my other nitro car (non-traxxas) didn't have any oil in the dif. so I will wate for now.