RC Qualifier

Get more power with an 11KL

Lately there has been alot done in the way of carb tunning for the trx 3.3, with that being said this thread was'nt started to debate or flame this vs that. OK, now that we got all of that out of the way let's get going.......your carb has the duty of taking in oxygen and mixing it with fuel to create a fuel/air mix suitable for combustion, this is called atomization. Finding a carb that can provide a precise or ideal fuel mixture for combustion will generally yeild you a generous amount of power. Since the induction of the 21TM I started to take a good look at this particular motor(the carb,crank, etc) and I was surprised to find that OS used the same carb for the 21TM as they did for the 18TM and 18TZ. I was thinking that man if this thing could do the job of metering fuel out for a .21 why not try it on a trx .20 and guess what??? It worked! from the moment I found out that the carb fitted I knew I was in for a treat. I installed one of these carbs on my RB mod 3.3 and I was astonished to say the least......Keep in mind that I had already ran my engine with the stock carb and I seen a definite performance gain after the install. Here are some pics...[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] Oh yeah! in case seeing a picture of a 4-tec in your "Jato" forum kinda leaves you dry .. heres some pics of my jato with 4-tec trans...I swear this thing is faster than the law should allow....[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]...Make some horsepower with that carb dude! .
    Last edited by outlaw4-Tec; 10-04-2007 at 03:35 PM.

RC Champion
    what kind of carb is it? Does it bolt right on like the force .26
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Qualifier
    This is the carb...http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKW5&P=Z Im sorry for saying it was an 11kL, it's an 11k(the same carb for an 18TM, 18TZ and 21TM) And yes it is a direct fit no cutting required.

RC Champion
    wow that's an expensive carb. The .26 is only $60........I just can't bring myself to buying a carb for that much! Wish i could find a used onr for cheaper!
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Champion
    Nice Jato man! Is the 4Tec tranny a bolt on? The back end of the truck is from the 4Tec right? With the gray parts?
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Racer
    outlaw-4tec, how well do you like that RB modded engine? Any noticable difference from the stock engine? LOL.

I too wonder about that JATO with the 4-tec rear differential and trans. Is that an older JATO or something? I am thinking on buying a JATO and putting smaller wheel/tires on the chassis so that I can use my 235mm bodies.

RC Competitor
    what are the advantages of the 4-tec rear diff?

RC Qualifier
    I really like the performance of the RB mod 3.3 excellent power curve and fuel consumption over stock, however I still intend to get an ofna carb. This mod makes the 3.3 engine more smoove off the bottom....but, I'm still doing alot of testing as of yet. Oh yeah! the Jato is a must have for any serious traxxas speed freak .

RC Qualifier
    gotta go to work guys be back later.....whats up brent?.....I'm out .

RC Champion
    I have heard meny good things of r&b I will send a motor out and see if they realy mean it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Is the os carb that you used better than the .26 carb? Like does it make it go faster with the os carb.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    if it is a drop in part, the chances are that it is only a .26 the .28 needs a little mod

RC Champion
    outlaw....how does the 4Tec tranny/diff mount? Is it a direct fit? What are the advantages of it?
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave851
    if it is a drop in part, the chances are that it is only a .26 the .28 needs a little mod
    The .28 is makes it faster? What do you have to mod if you get the .28?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    The .28 is makes it faster? What do you have to mod if you get the .28?

You have to mod the outlet of the carb. that fit into the crankcase of the 3.3
    The carb. outlet is too big. But once fit you have a 8mm venturi vs. 7mm for the .26 one.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's been known for a while that the 11K carb from a TM will fit a 3.3. It isn't a popular mod because the performance gains aren't worth the relatively large expense of the carburetor. The 11K does have the advantage of the mid-range setting in addition to the LSN and HSN.

For a while, people were tossing 10D carbs on their 2.5's but that fad went away when people realized that there was no performance gain for the 70 dollars spent. The main advantage is that the aluminum carb bodies are more resistant to damage than the composite carb bodies.

I want someone to put an ofna .26 carb on a .21TM - that might be interesting!
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Qualifier
    This obviously isn't my Jato but ages ago outlaw started a thread on his 4-tec tranny mounted on the Jato. From what i remember it required a load of modding, i.e. cutting down the chassis etc.
    O.S .18TZ Powered Jato
    Simple as.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here is a link to the 4tec tranny

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The gearing of the 4tec, even with the 1/10 onraod wheel is WIDE.
    With Jato wheels, dont even dream to see the middle of second gear!

At least you need a 2.5 4tec pulley gear...
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods