RC Racer

recomended weight diff oil

hey guys, i race on a big oval with a bunch of other guys, the traction is low enough were every one has to use paddles. Its on a beach parking lot, so its a mixture of sand, gravel dust, and medium pieces of gravel every were (1-2" pieces). I seem to be turning fine but under hard acceleration, the truck veres either to the left or right. Would i benifit from a thicker oil to give me a possi like feal? such as 50k weight, or should i go lower than stock to lets say 7k weight. The manual says

Differential Tuning:
    Use higher viscosity
    (thicker) oil for:
    More power to the wheels
    with the most traction.
    Racing on low-traction
    smooth surfaces .
    Better performance for
    climbing on uneven terrain.
    Using lower viscosity
    (thinner) oil for:
    More power to the wheels
    with least traction.
    Racing on low-traction
    rough surfaces.

not sure were i fit in, if anything its a low traction with rough terain, but i just feel that a thicker weight would fix my truck veering to the angles. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I think if you try thicker oil it might help. I run 30k in mine and I like it. If it pushes too much in the corners you can always go back to what you had. The good part is it’s cheap to try several different weight oils and it doesn’t take long to change.

It would recommend you buy a new gasket set or two just to have on hand. They are only $1.45.

Gasket
    Oil

RC Racer
    I just put 60k in mine, and so far I like it. Diffs enough on the street for me, and has a pretty close to posi feel. I'm still trying to figure out this MIP ball diff. been months and I still don't have it put together.
    Silly fast Jato 3.3

RC Racer
    iv heard many poor reviews of the mip ball diff, i have been told though that the stock one is excellent.

RC Champion
    i've been using 30K diff oil for a few months now and i like it allot better than the stock fluid...and as DavidS302 mentioned be sure to have a couple of diff gasket sets on hand for when you change your diff fluid out...
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bbike
    iv heard many poor reviews of the mip ball diff, i have been told though that the stock one is excellent.
    We'll soon find out. After about an hour I figured it out. I've got it locked, which is what i wanted, and its adjustable without makin a mess! I'm running 60k in mine now, and I can't really complain there either. had absolutly no blow outs on the inside tire while doing donuts.
    Silly fast Jato 3.3