RC Qualifier

Nito 4 tec rally KIt?

I have read about a rally kit for the 4 tec and am wondering about it. Does it work well? How would it do off road and in grass?

Does anyone have this?

Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Dunno mate, i rate it'll be shocking off road, seems as its 1/10 (ON ROAD TOURING CAR)... i think that name gives it all away, plus i wouldnt want to be cleaning the bloody thing everytime i use it....
    hehe i have enough trouble cleaning as it is...lol
    If you find a Link to the Kit , could you post a link up on here please i wouldnt mind looking at it
    i haz got a welll fast 4tec...innit lol

RC Enthusiast
    Never done it or know anyone that has but here is a link from someone who has.

http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/misc/...ly-conversion/
    Living the Nitro life = 4-Tec & S-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    that is for the electric 4 tec. This is for the nitro 4 tec http://www.geocities.com/mhsflc68/ra...axxasNitro.htm

Should this work with any belt driven 1/10 touring car?

RC Enthusiast
    Well, yes the ultimate traxxas link is for electric, but it will help you because alot of the part are nitro and gives better detail. Should not take much to use the process for nitro.
    Living the Nitro life = 4-Tec & S-MAXX

RC Enthusiast
    i have done it but i went with different shocks so all i did was to move the uppermouts after u remove the stops for the bottom end

RC Qualifier
    How did it drive on grass? what tires did you use?

RC Enthusiast

shocks?

hi guys
    im realy temted by this rally conversion. the only problem is i wouldnt have a clue what shocks i would need. what type do you r4econ i should go for

RC Qualifier
    I have a similar car. It's a belt driven touring car. Would the rally kit work?

RC Enthusiast
    did pretty well on short grass and rounded curbs i used 2.2 tires and rims with a street tread. just dont get to crazy with the jumps.theirs not a whole lot of room ror the shocks to travel plus the angle of the shocks is not ideal

RC Enthusiast
    u can use any kind of shocks u want just have to position them and make new holes

RC Qualifier
    hows it do in dirt isnt that what ralkly is f grass dirt man also how much would u pay for a good condish 4-tech not sure what engine i think 2.5 or 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    I got my 2.5 4tec for 170 Sterling, the emgine an exhaust an manifold were uprated to propper ones, the servo's are High Tourqe racing , carbon disk,i got it from my brother who spent 700 on it, that includes buying the car when it was a pro .15,he didnt have the TRX engine warrenty so he got the 2.5 wneh it 1st came out,ran it in once then put it away then i got hold of it... i want to have more travel on the front sus,cos its scraping on the floor .... and is 2.2 tires the biggest you can get, i want foams,

Oh yea ive just relised today,long long road, tested my car, i thorght it changed gear too early, but no,it hit topspeed in 1st then i heard it change and the power was hardcore it just didnt stop accelerating , ive not seen this much power from my car , im defo gonna upgrade to 20%, its just i let off the power b4 it has chance to hit 2nd...im well chuffed with it...well under braking it wobbles about and rolls on to its roof...lol i'll have to put my sway bar back on the front
    i haz got a welll fast 4tec...innit lol

RC Qualifier
    How would it do on grass or dirt with these 3inch rally tires? I wouldn't be raising it any more that adding tires.

RC Qualifier
    I have tried driving it through grass stock and the tires spin. Maybe with 3inch rally tires it would be better.

RC Qualifier
    y do u want to drive ion grass? rally is dirt not grass? also whats teh point of grass ur still gona spin them if u still ahve teh same amount of torque

RC Qualifier
    Was just sort of seeing what would happen.