RC Enthusiast

new to the 4 tec

Well I have been saving up money for a rainy day and well the other day it came in the form of lunch break and a newly opened hobby shop a few doors away from work. I had the cash and got an amazing deal being I work commission and was the first sale in the new store, even got to sign a dollar to be framed. I bought the 3.3 awesome car, cant keep tires on it. So far I have broke a few rear axel hubs and front steering blocks. What are the best mods to do and best order to do them in. I have had the car a little over a week and am just starting gallon 2 so it was well broke in. Tonight I made a custom pipe with a friends help, we work on motorcycles so we had material and tools. Wow this thing is loud it is almost the exact same shape as my last one but with a bigger opening and it points at the ground no more fuel on the side of my car. I also tried runing hpi drift tires and 2 minutes later I had shreded one and sent one across the parking lot and they were glued good even left parts of the rubber on the wheel. The pipe made a huge difference with the rb inovations ram air and lotus body this thing zips but runs out of tires like nothing what should I do put stock pipe back on and stock tires cause I ran them till the centers were gone. Any suggestions are good ones.

ALUM parts. search ebay for casters and arms and such.

RC Enthusiast
    Just dont crash it lol, its a wicked car and is not worth smashing it up, it you want the full potential from your 3.3 you should run it in..
    As for the tyres, glue them to the rims, that'll stop them from comming off..lol i found that out the hard way...
    i haz got a welll fast 4tec...innit lol

RC Enthusiast
    I glued the tires on with whatever the hobby shop sold me, when the tire shredded it left chunks of the sidewall on the rim and the other one the same but it just flew straight off. On the other hand I keep having problems with my car at high speeds, when I opened the exhaust up I have been fooling with the carb and idling but its still way off my slow speed idle is fine but when I open it up it just bogs down bad. I have tried my high speed needle as well but I think I have got them way off whats the best way to get it to stock settings.

RC Qualifier
    go to traxxas but open the hsn 4 turns from closed, and the lsn flush with the carb arm thing(cant think of the name). the tires i found that worked great for me were HPI x-pattern belted. they lasted and got traction too. in the year i had the 4tec i went thru tires about 10 sets, and those are the best i found for rippin around...you didnt like the resonator pipe? and yeah stock up on axle carriers and get a carbon fiber rear shock tower. the only thing with aluminum carriers is if they dont break something else will, more expensive and time consuming. i stayed with sock parts except for the shock tower. just an idea!
    I LOVE MY RIGGED MAXX!

RC Enthusiast
    got a bid in on ebay for an almost fully aluminum roller all it needs is an engine and prolly some new gears. Had an old 2.5 I traded in to my LHS and upgraded to a 3.3 so I would have a spare so I put my high bid on 250 cause I figure with the 75 on the engine thats only 325 and alot less than a brand new one I got an extra controler and servos so I am pretty set also got a bid on another 4 tec that is on there by the same guy and it has several extra parts enough to supply all the 4tecs I will have for a few races it just has a .15 and my LHS will yet again sell me another 3.3 then.