RC Qualifier

Lets see who the winner will be?

I have asked countless times about downloading a video and no one has been able to help me. I have a 546mb video and tried Photobucket and Youtube. I even tried to e-mail it to someone who said he would host it on his own server. I cannot download it or e-mail it? I keep getting errors. Is it because of the length of the video? How can I accomplish this? Please let me know.
    Thanks!
    MARBETH Racing

RC Qualifier
    You can use www.yousendit.com to send files up to 100Mb in size...

If you have aim and the other person has aim, just send via that...it'll take a LONG time, but it will eventually get done...

I've got 1mbps upload and it would take me around 600 minutes to send that file...10 hours is a LONG time, I hope you both have a good connection and stable computers (my desktop runs 64bit XP pro, it likes to restart on its own when its bored.... )

But yeah....thats a rather large file...might as well burn it to a CD and ship it via USPS...
    $1400 Nitro Rustler and counting :D

RC Qualifier
    i want to download it somewhere so the guys on the T-MAXX forum can see it? Just like the tens of thousands of videos on youtube. Why cant I get it done? Because its 546mb? How can it be shrunk in size? How can I split it up in to a few clips?
    MARBETH Racing

RC Champion
    I have had the same problem with uploading large files. Youtube can only handle 100mb files, and mine was 645mb. You can use the Google desktop uploader, it has no file size limit, it just takes a LONG time. It then loads your video onto Google video. The link can then be posted on Traxxas

https://www.google.com/video/upload/UploadInfo?hl=en
    Rustler VLX
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Stampede
    E-Maxx

RC Champion
    You might also try putfile.com but I don't know what their size limit is.
    Stampede
    PM ME FOR RC CAR ACTION BACK ISSUES!!!

RC Qualifier
    What movie are your trying to download? It sounds like you already have this movie on your PC, so would it be you cannot upload it?
    Its going to me nearly impossible to find a free place to host a monster of that size.
    Do you have Microsoft Movie Maker on your PC? Its standard on XP and Vista. You can compress the movie using that

Traxxas Employee captainharlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJT-MAXX
    I have asked countless times about downloading a video and no one has been able to help me. I have a 546mb video and tried Photobucket and Youtube. I even tried to e-mail it to someone who said he would host it on his own server. I cannot download it or e-mail it? I keep getting errors. Is it because of the length of the video? How can I accomplish this? Please let me know.
    Thanks!
    For something that big it better be near movie quality content or 1 1/2 hour long. Your best bet is to use a movie app to downsize it to a more internet friendly size. You can probably use movie maker which is included in your windows xp.
    You can't email it because usually email boxes don't have that capacity, maybe 10-20 megs. And even if they had that capacity I personally don't want to hog my email with a 550 meg file unless I know for sure its the next matrix movie. If you insist in keeping the file size the way it is, use winrar and split it in 10 megs files to send it.
    Terminal is not the end, only the beginning...

Something that size, if you want it kept in tact, the best way to transfer it woul dbe to use FTP (file transfer protocal). But both parties involved would need access to an FTP server.

Most email's do not support xferring of large files. In fact the rule of thumb is anything over 3-6mb's will not be accepted. It would just keep the email servers too busy.

You could also chop the file up into sections with a video program and then zip them up. But it would be a lot of work.

Then again you could always use regular mail and send it on a CD or DVD.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get an account on filefront and put it up there, they let you have up to 1GB.

RC Qualifier
    At 546mb I don’t know how many people would even have a fast enough connection to watch it. I recommend what several others have. Load it into Movie Maker and bring it down to a manageable size.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have a nice quality one and a low quality one. I have a 19" Widescreen LCD and I like my stuff in high res, I always DL the highest possible. It would be a good idea for a lower size though, get it to 100 MB or lower if possible and more people will watch it.