4884x brake disc?

has anyone tried to fit a n4tec / nrusty 4884x carbon fibre brake disc to their jato?

from the specs they sound very very similar in size, and its mainly the drive hub thats different from what i can see..

i might try get my spare n4tec brake hub and see if theres a way i can slim it down to fit on the jato and still use the clip setup on the end. Then i can fit the 4884x carbon fibre brake disc and run with one of them.

standard 4tec brake disc + hub. maybe this hub can be slimmed down and re-used?

i dunno how, but i had a blow out on the stock disc last night.
    i fitted a new engine + single speed conv, was doing break in when i noticed zero brakes (and i usually have very slight brake drag at neutral)

i come in to have a look and all i have left is a few chunks of brake disc sitting in the pads
    Last edited by NitroRCracer; 11-15-2007 at 12:52 AM.
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

ok, heres where im at so far:

the brake hub fits, it just needs a few mm shaved off both ends and it will fit straight on the shaft.
    however the brake pads will need approx 1-2mm removed from the curved edge as it rubs on the brake hub (new brake hub is very slightly larger)

ive got an old rusty' brake disc, and that will then drop straight into place.

the 4884x c/f brake disc from the 4tec is about 2mm larger diameter, and only just rubs on the bolts. it would be great if i could somehow mount the disc rotor to a drill and spin it at speed and wear the outside edge of the rotor down on a bit of sand paper. /me scratches head

1mm less on the O.D and it'll clear the brake bolts and be a cheap mod and give you a common (and stronger) brake disc than the semi metallic rotor... might have to make do with a Rustler disc for now though.
    Last edited by NitroRCracer; 11-15-2007 at 01:52 AM.
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRCracer
    the 4884x c/f brake disc from the 4tec is about 2mm larger diameter, and only just rubs on the bolts. it would be great if i could somehow mount the disc rotor to a drill and spin it at speed and wear the outside edge of the rotor down on a bit of sand paper. /me scratches head
    Ive had an idea, you could maybe just start the engine with the tires off or something and just give it throttle to spin the disk.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is a good idea. I will try to do that when I get the money.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck