What was the first thing got worn in your Jato ?

The 1st thing went worn before ending the first gallon was the throttle sevo, then one jato said that he sell his jato after long time of heavy using without changing any servo.

wondering what was the first things worn before ending the first gallon with you guys ?

..... oh yeh.. tires & glow plugs are out of this topic

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ditto on the throttle servo
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Champion
    the front bulk for me. I hit 1 thing and it was all warn out
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Champion
    throttle servo for me too...... then clutch spring
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    bulk heads, top plate, front turnbuckles, front a-arm, rear a-arm....from my first/last (only one) crash withing the first few days of having it...lol...after that costly/timely repair i've learned NOT to crash anymore...lol...and throttle servo case (tab that screws go through)...and a spur gear...
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

RC Qualifier
    I'm on my third gallon of fuel and so far nothing has worn out. But to be fair I changed the steering servo and radio before I ever drove the car. I'm still using the stock throttle servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Come on people. I broke the stock turnbuckles while not hitting anything on break in. The stock turnbuckles are trash.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    still have the stock buckles!. But my throttle servo tabs are busted too. It doesn't help throttle response. I hit the gas and half the truck moves around......lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO
    ........wondering what was the first things worn before ending the first gallon with you guys ?
    He didn't ask about broken parts he asked about worn parts.

need4speed would you please explain how you broke a steel turnbuckle without any impact. I'm sure many people would like to hear that story.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol I don't know. It wasn't even going fast. It was the first 2 or 3 tanks. I don't think that the stock turnbuckles are solid steel.

RC Racer
    Front wheel bearings for me .Sand took em out in the fist 5 tanks. Dusty dirt road across from mt house. Also the rear wheel hex drives slopped out the rims and they were toast.
    Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing "RIGHT"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my throttle servo box was trashed when I got my used jato, but I put in a 2055 and used plastic thingeys to spread out the stress on the servobox and it hasnt had trouble scince! my engine mount stripped a hole quickly also I should have got aftermarket cause theyre stronger and lighter and cooler looking stock turnbuckles are fine but 7075 I snapped one and have 2 or 3 that are slightly bent. other than that and street tires the only thing worn I can think of is fuel tubing and some screws that were in bad shape
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    ......I don't think that the stock turnbuckles are solid steel.
    They are solid steel. I have one stuck on a neodymium magnet that I am looking at right now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Oh, wow. I don't know why I had them break on me all the time.

RC Qualifier
    The stock Traxxas are steel and the red anodized ones are aluminum. I don’t know if the threads on the steel ones are cut or rolled but they normally break on the threads. It is weaker there than the main body of the turnbuckle.

RC Champion
    I've bent mine But i bent them back right at the neck of the threads. I've ripped my front shock tower out of my bulk and haven't even broke a link yet!

RC Enthusiast
    My steering servo is due for a change (any ideas on good servos?) Also, the tires went after 3rd tank. OWB is slipinh when i start so i suspect that its time for a tear down!!!

RC poster

jumpin

shocks for me mine is in the are more than on ground

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The bushings in my steering went bad and I had terrible slop in the steering, replaced them with some bearings from Avid and now it steers great. Then I broke the top plate around one of the front screws, all I hit was the edge of my neighbor's driveway

RC Champion
    Come on people. I broke the stock turnbuckles while not hitting anything on break in. The stock turnbuckles are trash.
    how in the world do you break the stock turnbuckles without hitting anything lololol

RC Enthusiast
    The 1st thing will get worn (not broken) before ending the first gallon is depending on how we operating our trucks, I just burned 1st gallon and nothing seem to be worn till now, mainly I do racing so I expect soem loose in compression later on .

Steering servo, throttle servo, steering bushings for saver posts.

Other than that, I've broken a few things due to bad driving, but it's held up pretty good to my abuse.

I really need to order some bearings for those steering posts... I have a ridiculous amount of slop in my steering.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss
    I really need to order some bearings for those steering posts... I have a ridiculous amount of slop in my steering.
    Here's the link

RC Qualifier
    i believe it was my throttle servo..then maybe the rear brake pad...

and here a lil pic of a nail that got shot though the rim and tire im guessing while i was accel. i think its cool that it has enough "punch" to force a nail through the rim

RC Qualifier

This makes me want to ask a question. Last weekend when I crashed mine, I had to replace the turnbuckles.

I looked at the red aluminum ones but didn't buy them because they still have the plastic ends.

I don't know about the jato but on my savage, it was always the ends that broke, never the metal part.

When I broke the buckles on the jato, it was the metal part and not the plastic ends.

Is that typical? I wanted to buy the red aluminum ones but didn't want to spend the money and have the ends break.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to know if the red ones are worth it since so many of you had to replace them already.

Thanks,

Mark

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush
    This makes me want to ask a question. Last weekend when I crashed mine, I had to replace the turnbuckles.

I looked at the red aluminum ones but didn't buy them because they still have the plastic ends.

I don't know about the jato but on my savage, it was always the ends that broke, never the metal part.

When I broke the buckles on the jato, it was the metal part and not the plastic ends.

Is that typical? I wanted to buy the red aluminum ones but didn't want to spend the money and have the ends break.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to know if the red ones are worth it since so many of you had to replace them already.

Thanks,

Mark

Being made of aluminum, the red turnbuckles are lighter than the ock ones, but being made of steel, the stockers are stronger.

I've never broke a turnbuckle, only bent one, the stock ones are beefy enough for me.
    Jato 3.3-Drilled Res & Light porting

RC Racer

Thanks,

Mark
    I bought the red ones and one broke the first time at the track, it was on the metal part, but since then no others have broken.
    -Jato2.5
    -Micro-T
    -Redcat Volcano STX (hah)

RC Champion
    best way not to break them is dont crash ......lol im joking i have broken the stockers right at the threads i also have the aluminum ones havent crashed it so i cant say ill let you guys know when i do

RC Champion

Normally, the metal part breaks. Only once has the plastic part broken for me, it just pulled the ball straight out of the turn buckle, leaving a small crack in the side of the plasticwhere the ball went through.

But as other people have said, dont get the red aluminium ones unless you prefer lightness over strength. they ARE weaker, but might ligter.
    if you want strength and lightness, then lundsford titanium turnbuckles are probably the best you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    Cool. Thanks!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cholyoake
    Normally, the metal part breaks. Only once has the plastic part broken for me, it just pulled the ball straight out of the turn buckle, leaving a small crack in the side of the plasticwhere the ball went through.

But as other people have said, dont get the red aluminium ones unless you prefer lightness over strength. they ARE weaker, but might ligter.
    if you want strength and lightness, then lundsford titanium turnbuckles are probably the best you can get.

Thanks bud, much appreciated....

Mark

RC Enthusiast
    I went trough like 7 second gears for some reason i can rebuild a tranny with my eyes closed now still dont understand why but now my tranny has made it through about 2 gallons of fuel and everything is holding together.

RC Enthusiast
    My throttle servo & brake rotor