Thread: Tranny Gears

RC Qualifier

Tranny Gears

Hey guys,

Ive not been on the forum for a bit so im sorry if this has already been made apparent. I was browsing through some RC websites and saw 2 speed aluminium tranny gears, heres the link;

http://www.hot-racing.com/?partnumber=JT1000X&c=180

I think so far the only place people have been able to buy these gears has been on Ebay so i hope it helps. You can buy them from Liquid RC, towerhobbies doesn't stock them at the moment, but every time i have used Liquid RC postage and handling has been smooth. Heres the link to the gears on their page;

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=18074

I havent tried these because my O.S. 18TZ hasn't chewed through my gears yet, but i thought it might help out the insanists that have put big blocks in their Jatos!
    O.S .18TZ Powered Jato
    Simple as.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is cool, It even comes with the diff cover and all the gears. Unlike the ones one on e-bay. They are also cheeper. The only thing I would be woried about is if the little teeth bend on them. Thanks for shareing
    Last edited by n3.3d_for_sp33d; 11-22-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Qualifier
    nice find jato 360 , could'nt justify a hundred plus for the ones on ebay . I have purchased some items from liquid rc as well and had top notch service from them
    if it aint broke dont fix it...need bigger ramp

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah the ones off of ebay are definitely very strong, just installed them dont exactly know how well they will hold up as I havnt got my jato back together but we will see. But these have to be much stronger than stock and I do like the fact that it includes the diff casing, thats the only thing I lack for my project. Oh and definitely a nice find.

RC Racer
    let me tell you something, the ones on ebay are much stronger then liquid r/c, they are made of bronze. i told you guys the diff will be coming out very soon. Also the price has come down and were offering cheaper too. anyway, it's your choice. I knew somebody will eventually copy my idea, it was too good of an idea, incredible.............

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    should have gotten a patent. What are you going to lower your price to because for $70 you get the full tranny and a diff case. And for $100 you get the 2 first gears and 1 2nd gear and the gear that goes to the diff. at least that is what I see that they come with.
    Last edited by n3.3d_for_sp33d; 11-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC poster
    I Used aluminum gears before they stripped after a few hard runs I have pictures I will posted them soon I'm not too good on posting pictures