RC Qualifier

Not possible to adjust rear toe?

Almost immediately after I bought my Jato, I noticed the rear tires have negative toe. I've checked and searched but can't find any way to correct this.

I'm not sure if all Jatos are like that or I bent something.

Anyone else have negative toe and is it adjustable?

Thanks,

Mark

RC Champion
    yeah i just bought my jato 3.3 today and i see what your talking about, like the rear wheels are kinda alittle facing each other from the side? not up and down..? I dont see how you can fix that unless they sell a rear arm that is more of 0 degree toe
    They point them toward each other because they say it corners better when giving gas..i dont know...

RC Competitor
    Yes it can be adjusted using these
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKMG8&P=X
    and these
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKMH0&P=X
    I personaly have not changed it and yes it does help it track true on the dirt and pavement. I have won multiple races at the local tracks both dirt and concrete.
    Ofna hyper 7 hyper 8 hyper 9
    emaxx
    Rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think if the rear wheels were strait they wouldn't wear the tires down as fast.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

I agree, although I'm wondering how much straight line tracking will suffer... I was thinking the same thing. Anyone know what the stock plate/toe is? This is the first truck I've had in a long time that didn't have turnbuckles all around. I'm used to MT's and I typically set them at 0 degree (or there abouts).
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    The reason the toe is set in (or negative) as stock is to help with stability and keeping the car in a straight line at high speeds. I think the stock setting for the suspension pin holders is 2.25 degrees negative but don't hold me to it. If you changed to a higher toe in i.e. 3.0 degrees, you would sacrifice speed to gain stability. If however; you changed the toe in to 0.0 degrees, you would gain speed but loose some well required stability.
    O.S .18TZ Powered Jato
    Simple as.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Jato360, I'm not touching it. I figure the Traxxas engineers know more than I do. I guess if I was racing, it would be different but for my bashing, stock works well.

Mark

RC Qualifier
    The stock toe-in is 4. If you buy the kit to change it you will get a 3 and a 5 tie bar. No one I know of offers anything less than 3. If you want less you will have to build it yourself.