Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Traxxas seriously have to do some upgrading of the drive train for this. I can just see someone getting home with one plugging 6s into and twisting the drive shafts on the first run.

RC Champion
    That's what I found on the Traxxas site a few days before the big announcement that turned out to be the 4wd Slash, so I thought this was going to be the big announcement. Peter V asked me to keep quiet but said they'd be announcing it this week. I guess they don't care now that it's in a mag. They took the pages and the vid down since I found it, but I saved a few things.

Here's the vid.

I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    Nice find again ! Anything else ?

RC Champion
    That's all I saved. From looking at the product pages before they took them down I only saw what you already know, MMM combo, 2.4Ghz radio, 17mm hexes, same wheels/tires as the new Revo, white springs, and new body. Oh and that it comes with a pair of 7-cell NiMh packs like it says in the pic I posted.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    Wow that was a nice find, how did u get it?
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas
    That's what I found on the Traxxas site a few days before the big announcement that turned out to be the 4wd Slash, so I thought this was going to be the big announcement. Peter V asked me to keep quiet but said they'd be announcing it this week. I guess they don't care now that it's in a mag. They took the pages and the vid down since I found it, but I saved a few things.

Here's the vid.

I dunno about you guys but I think that wheel/tire combo is absolutely sick. Lovin' the look of the brushless E-Maxx. Although I don't know why Traxxas would be including 2 NiMH batteries.
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Racer
    i also noticed if anyone was wondering that the release date says mid november
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal1000
    Traxxas seriously have to do some upgrading of the drive train for this. I can just see someone getting home with one plugging 6s into and twisting the drive shafts on the first run.
    Isn’t the E-Maxx’s drive train the same as the E-Revo’s?
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Champion
    anyone notice that its THE SAME bl for the accessory MMM for 4x4 slash. traxxas is offering their own MMM, its black and has TRX connectors, but im not sure if anything else is different...

RC Racer
    i think i will buy one in the future
    there is no one word to discribe this hobby!!!!!:)

RC Qualifier
    i too thought the drivetrain and transmission was the same on the Erevo and Emaxx (3905 style) ?

I was thinking of getting an Erevo Brushless in the future and asked the ERevo forum guys if you could use NIMH and they all pretty much discouraged it .... so I emailed Castle and they said "We do not recommend the use of NIMH cells with the Monster Max " .....

I brought this up cause the new Maxx has 2 included batts NIMH , appears Traxxas and Castle are not on the same page on this .

someone mentions the 2 battery leads off the MMM ESC , doesn't the ERBE have 2 leads/connectors for batts ?
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Champion
    lets see here. i could spend arround $600 for a new brushless emaxx. or i could spend $250 on a MMM and drop it into my 3906. then buy a Slash 4 by 4 roller for probally $200 and drop my MM Feiago 8XL combo into that. then i could get a faster Emaxx and a new truck for $150 less than just one new truck. HAY i think i might just do that.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbeplatinum
    Do not use the nimhs, they will blow the MMM up.
    Not trying to be a wise guy or anything , but if the mmm does blow up with nimhs. Why whould traxxas put them there?
    http://www.rcdirectonline.com/ Best site

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 444Platrevo
    Isn’t the E-Maxx’s drive train the same as the E-Revo’s?
    Pretty much but on 4s lipo you'll twist drive shafts and on 6s lipo you'll start stripping diffs. Have a look around on the forums.

RC Competitor

have you seen them blow up using nimhs batts?
    i have seen this with lipos that were doing more than 150amp continuously.
    oh dude!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzzer
    Not trying to be a wise guy or anything , but if the mmm does blow up with nimhs. Why whould traxxas put them there?
    Probably to limit the power it makes so it doesn't damage itself the first time you run it.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great that Traxxas is releasing a brushless E-maxx but they need to make the whole drive train brushless ready not just the gearbox.

RC Qualifier
    You can also trade in to get the MMM for $250
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Racer
    I just saw the ad (huge ad section) in Radio Control Action. Too bad the new tires won't fit on the 3905 and the BL system, though a great one, isn't water proof. That is why I am staying brushed (with the 775 mod), so I can pack it with snow.

One of the RC mags did an E-Maxx project awhile ago where they put the MMM in the E-Maxx and ran it with both LiPo and NimH. They didn't report any problems or state any risks with the NimH, other than to use good quality and that the performance isn't that much better than the brushed setup (a few MPH and more torque).

Traxxas is doing some really exciting things right now!
    Res Ipso Loquitor
    "Let the good times roll"

RC Qualifier
    Man traxxas has been dropping hints about this idea beat around since the 3905 came out. Always though it would be a Novak HV..
    Nothing is wrong with using Nimh batterys with MMM just be carefull.
    Digging the new body style
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Champion
    The E-Revo and 3905 E-Maxx drivetrain is identical, the 3905 will handle the power just as well as the ERBE. I have had both a 3905 with MMM and now an ERBE, I run 4s LiPos and have no problems whatsoever. My brother-in-law runs a 3905 with MMM on 4s and 6s, he stripped a diff due to a bearing failure once.

The ERBE also comes with the NiMh packs now, Traxxas and Castle both say it's ok to run them on the stock gearing, which is 18/65 on the ERBE, I assume it will be the same on the EMBE. The MMM will not blow up just from running NiMh packs, the problem is people overgearing for the packs, which a lot of people do on LiPo too, hence the myth that you need 150A LiPos. If you gear conservatively you'll be fine.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grobo
    From what it looks like they changed the tires, wheels, added 17mm hubs, Mamba Monster. It doesn't really say too much about the rest, diffs, gears, etc.
    From what I can see, the wheels are the same. The tires are from the T-Maxx 3.3 (forgot what they're called) - they're not the Talons from the Revo. The springs are white instead of red. You're right about the 17mm hubs and the MM (of course). The body itself is the same, but the graphics are different.

On Tower Hobbies an ERBE goes for $699.99. I'd expect the "EMBE" to go for $659.99, since an E-Maxx ($384.99) is $40 cheaper than an E-Revo ($424.99). But I could be wrong.
    I don't drive RC trucks... I fly them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    From what I can see, the wheels are the same. The tires are from the T-Maxx 3.3 (forgot what they're called) - they're not the Talons from the Revo. The springs are white instead of red. You're right about the 17mm hubs and the MM (of course). The body itself is the same, but the graphics are different.

On Tower Hobbies an ERBE goes for $699.99. I'd expect the "EMBE" to go for $659.99, since an E-Maxx ($384.99) is $40 cheaper than an E-Revo ($424.99). But I could be wrong.
    Wheels are the same as the Summit (without rings) and the new Revo 3.3, tires are the same as the 4908 T-MAxx and new Revo 3.3. The body is different, it's not just the graphics.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer

So who's buying one?!

The new EMBE 3908, that is. I know I'll be one of the first people to order this truck once it comes out

Expect to see me often on your forum in the near future.

RC Qualifier
    Not me, I already have one. Well, it originally came as a 3905, but is now a 3908+ (by the time I have added: MM2200, FLM chassis, FLM hybrid bulks & buggy diffs, 6S LIPO, FLM shock towers, RPM arms, steel CVD's etc etc). I'm pretty sure many people on this forum will be in the same position.

Glad to see Traxxas keeping things fresh though - will be good for those new to the Emaxx.

Am very surprised to see Traxxas shipping both the ERBE and EMBE with 7 cell NIMH - especially as Castle highly discourage people from using NIMH cells with such a beast of a motor. Could lead to a whole load of interesting warranty claims.....
    EMaxx MM2200-6S,Rustler VXL,Twin Detonator,L/Box

RC Qualifier
    +1 with tmaxxnunter

Got myself a FLM'd, MMM'd Combo emaxx already. But yes it is nice to see Traxxas have not forgot the E-Maxx which for me is fantastic. I also have a ERBE but my E-Maxx is the one I use the most and love the most

I wonder are the just going to drop in an MMM combo in it or are there any other upgrades to make it a little stronger??
    KD 700-HO 3905 - FLM E-Maxx MMM - ERBE - Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    +2 with tmaxxnunter

Already have one.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Expect to see me often on your forum in the near future.
    ...to get advice about the upgrades when you will have broken everything

But you'll be welcome of course ! There are some great builds on this forum

RC Qualifier
    3+ with tmaxxnutter

Alredy have one. It would be great though if they came out with this earlier in the year
    http://www.rcdirectonline.com/ Best site

RC Qualifier
    i would heve liked to see traxxas come out with their own waterproof monster truck bl system, than just slappping a castle in their truck, becasause i want an all-weather extreme bl truck.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

Those tires won't hold up to the MMM power on 6S... They are worst than Talons, too soft... Has been proven here on this forum...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    +4 and +5 with tmaxxnutter. I have 2 E-maxxs that are much better than the 3908. If I knew what I was going to eventually do to these trucks, it may have been cheaper to buy 2- 3908s off the shelf but I really didnt think I would get this far into it.

RC Champion
    Post Removed

Quote Originally Posted by jd59
    Alright naysayers . . . here is another post for you to shoot down . . .

I just stopped by my LHS and put a deposit on part #3908. They show a "date" of Dec. 30th. My guess is that this in an announcement date, not a ship date (probably January 31st?). Anyway, if they are confident to place a deposit and give me a computer generated receipt showing TRA3908, there is obviously something to this.

Also, before you shoot down my LHS, check my prior posts. My LHS seems to consistently get new models before virtually everyone (and I'm being polite) else that posts on these sites. I had the first XL-5 Rustler and they had the VXLs and 3906 E-maxx before anyone else - in fact they just received their 3rd shipment of 3906s today. I didn't buy the 3906, but they had them for several days before anyone on this board seemed to have one. This is a high-volume, reputable store that always seems to get everything first.

I tried to scan my receipt, but it is not legible - the ink is very light blue. Again, I'm sure the naysayers will jump on this, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a new Maxx in about a month!!! Yee hah!!
    Not shooting down your LHS, but I don't see how that's really possible when you consider that Traxxas doesn't sell directly to any hobby shops. Being that everything is done through a distributor, then how is it that ONLY your LHS can get stuff early from their distributors, when I'd be willing to bet that they use either Great planes, Horizon Hobby, or both.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Racer
    "I just stopped by my LHS and put a deposit on part #3908. They show a "date" of Dec. 30th."

Apparently he just had the wrong year!
    Res Ipso Loquitor
    "Let the good times roll"

RC Competitor
    lol he had the wrong model number a few more posts in and he corrects himself to #3905.

RC Racer
    I've used NIMH's with a MMM and never had any issues.
    Old School E-Maxx

RC Racer
    The brushless E-Maxx thread in the Alley got deleted. I wonder if Traxxas is still trying to keep this a secret?

RC Enthusiast
    That would be a little late since the ad got posted in the magazine, lol.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal1000
    lol he had the wrong model number a few more posts in and he corrects himself to #3905.
    That was in response to post number 3, where he said it was just like the 3906 (meant 3905) but with brushless motor. The part number for the brushless E-Maxx is 3908.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    ummmm i thought we were talking about a single MMM emaxx. not the V-Twin. is the single MMM emaxx true?
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast