RC poster

TMAXX 3.3 Transmision

I think I have had like 4 or 5 gallons of fuel ran through this truck.

I just replaced 2 new gears, 5395 set of gears. This was because when I was running it stopped moving and I heard the great sound of gears stripping. So I replaced the gears. I ran 2 tanks, it ran great. But now I am only getting reverse. I followed the diagram, rebuilt everything as the pictured showed. Everything seemed like it was put together correctly.

Any Ideas? I will tear open the tranny again. Maybe I will have more gears broken. I am just wondering why I am getting these problems. It ran so well for all this time.

Also when I am using my EZ Starter it does not crank the motor. It sometimes just spins the starter motor. When this first happened I took the EZ Start System on the motor off. It looked OK, no gears stripped. I removed the, what ever its called(maybe the one way) Part # 5211R and reseated it. This resolved the issue of the starter not cranking the motor. I guess its worn out maybe.

Could this be something I need to replace? Or is there something esle I need to look at?

RC Champion
    The one way bearing gets firty from time to time and it will not grab the starter shaft as it should. When this happens pull it off as you did and clean it. It will work for a while but cleaning it is a short fix, it really needs to be replaces. When you re-install the OWB make sure to put it back on right.

A far as your reverse problem goes, there could be many things wrong. Best thing to do it pull it apart and makre sure it is all back together correctly.

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am trearing the tranny out again as I am reading this.

OK, New one way is needed.

As for the tranny. I guess this is why its fun. I get to tear things apart.

RC Champion
    Myself like most people in this hobby enjoy wrenching and fixing things as much as we do running the trucks. Enjoy and I hope you fix the problem.

RC poster
    I have started

RC poster
    Well I stripped the same gear. I must have something causes this. Here is a pic of the parts. You can see the gear on the left, stripped real good. I noticed the washers are different sizes, maybe somehow I have the wrong washers. From all I know these are what came with this. Maybe the bearings in the gears are bad.

Any idea?

RC Racer
    u probably do need 2 change the bearings,if there worn out u get alot of play causing the mesh of the gears 2 be off

RC poster
    Thanks.

I am not sure why still. But I think my clutch is to tight. Maybe I just got a old gear, or it was just my luck to have the same gear strip twice.

I guess I try another gear, make sure my clutch is not to tight and see what happens. I was thinking it may be something else, maybe a gear that I can't see wear on. I hope I am hnot tighteneing my clutch to much. I tighten it buy placing a allen wrench into the hole on the back side, then tighten by hand. not to tight, just snug it up some.

When it was together again, the operation seemed smooth before I installed the tranny back into the chassis. Everything worked great, forward, reverse and the truck ran with power. I was on pavement when this happened.

Thanks for everyone helping.
    Last edited by 50mph; 12-31-2007 at 02:33 PM.