Thread: mashers

RC Racer

mashers

I got mashers for my jato and noticed they did not have any foam in them, do you not need foam for tires like them or should i buy some? thanks
    -Jato2.5
    -Micro-T
    -Redcat Volcano STX (hah)

although i didn't use it, but it looks that you need foams, specialy when jumping. the rims will catch the hit without the foams i guess.

Traxxas Marshal
    I would buy foams for them. I have a couple sets of original Mashers- one with foam and one without. I like set with foam better. It helps the tire keep its shape and absorbs the impacts of landings (among other things). Regular Pro-Line monster truck foam works well.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNX11&P=7

RC Racer
    Yeah, I got the original mashers, I eneded up going to my lhs and getting some proline foam just to be safe. Thanks guys.

Here they are

-Jato2.5
    -Micro-T
    -Redcat Volcano STX (hah)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if you still can, tape them. my masher 2000s ballon like crazy! lucky I didnt glue them that god just in case
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The original mashers don't balloon near as much as the 2k's, the 2'ks are really soft, a lot of people actually use them for rock crawling
    My sig is way extra more better than yours!

Traxxas Marshal
    I just saw your pictures in the Jato Gallery. They look pretty darn good on the Jato with those wheels.

Many people don't use the original Mashers these days because they tend to wear down rather quickly on road, but I like them. If you keep them off road, they perform very well, and are pretty aggressive tires. Plus I'm a sucker for chevron tires, so I think they look good too.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZBURGER
    The original mashers don't balloon near as much as the 2k's, the 2'ks are really soft, a lot of people actually use them for rock crawling
    I know the moabs and mashers have a m2 and m3 compound, one for crawling and bashing. I REALLY hope LHS didnt sell me m3s, my jato isnt much of a crawler I guess i have to check part #s
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!