RC Qualifier

2.5 flooding to start?

I have a 2.5 in my jato,i got it used and have run a half gallon through it.
    Every time i go to start it i have to prime it to the point of flooding it then i hold the starter on it and open the throttle 1/4 and it will slowly come to life.I then hold the rear tires off the ground and clear it out and run it.It will then run good plenty of punch and a nice smoke trail when i gun it.
    Then i noticed that when i give it full brake it usally stops running,it just cut's out like you turned a switch off.Then when i go to start it it is alway's flooded.This happens at any time i nail the brake,cut's off,go to star it ,it's flodded i pull the plug clear it out put the plug back in and it won't fire,so i prime it till it is flooded (i can tell by the sound of it turnning over)and hold it at 1/4 throttle and after at least 2 min of cranking it slowly comes to life.Very frustrating.
    I checked the linkage and all is good.When i give full brake the throttle linkage moves toward the carb about 1/16 '' so mabey when i hit the brakes the carb is THEN really closing and my idle must be set to low.I think i just figured out why it cut's off when i hit the brake as i typed this,am i correct about it?

But the main problem is the flooding to start.It just seems to want a lot of fuel to start but at the same time it floods itself out.
    I have checked for air leaks and sealed all the suspect place's back plate,carb base,new mc-59,fuel line ,tank cap,pressure hose,exhaust header.
    and coupler and zip tied the air filter.It seems that if i dont prime it the gas won't flow well from the tank but when i tested how well it pumped from the tank it filled my fuel bottle up fast.It is pumping gas to the carb fine.I blew out the hsn holes where the fuel line hooks to the carb and they are not plugged or blocked.My hsn is at 4 1/4 and the lsn is 1 turn out from flush the throttle is nice and crisp with no heasitation and good smoke,the outside temp was 36f,humidity was 78% barimetric pressure was 30.24 a nice warm sunny winter day.
    I'm sorry it was so long but i wanted to provide as much info as i could,i figured it might help.All sugestion's or thoughts needed.
    4x4 Stampede T-Maxx 3.3 Revo 3.3 W King Jato 2.5

RC Champion
    when it is cold outside then that is normal, try heating the head up with a heat gun it will make it beter to start.

p.s. Did you try a new glow plug?
    www.freewebs.com/davesjato,Axial.28 jato bukuPOWER

RC Qualifier
    I tried running it inside at 72f at the hobby store and it was acting the same way.They told me it could be an air leak thats why i sealed everything up.It is a new glow plug an Mc Coy mc-59,i also have tried an O'Donnel #77,and at the hobby store they tried it with a traxxas plug.

RC Champion
    are your baterys fully charged are they waerk??
    www.freewebs.com/davesjato,Axial.28 jato bukuPOWER

RC Qualifier
    Yes full charge i use a 6 cell ib 4200 and a dreadnaught 3000 and a couple epic 3000,they all perform the same and i have used them in other trucks the batt's are good.

RC Racer
    well about the shutting off when you hit the brakes, sounds like your idle is to low but your throttle trim is up so you don't notice it until you brake. Pretty much just turn your idle screw to the right to make it higher, if it runs good where the throttle trim is then screw the idle screw in until when you brake the carb doesnt move, meaning it doesnt close anymore. Not sure if that's it, just a thought.
    -Jato2.5
    -Micro-T
    -Redcat Volcano STX (hah)

RC Qualifier
    It seems like it wont suck the fuel in some times i see a small buble in the fuel line and when it's cranking over with the ez start the bubble wont move unless i prime it or if it's running,The fuel lines are new and connected right. but i know it is cause it's flooded

RC Qualifier
    Thanks jatoman00, thats what i was thinking but i wasn't sure.
    How about the flooding to start?any idea?

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    Take off the air filter and apply brakes, if the metal thing moves at all then the problem is with the linkage
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Qualifier
    The coller on the end on the throttle side was right up against the servo arm slide so it would not let the slide close all the way because of the brake side,no wonder i couldn't get the idle down no matter how far i backed out the idle screw.I set the slide at 1 mm roughly, i used a zip tie for thickness gauge.Then i tightened the grub screww on the coller and left a 1 mm gap between the coller and the slide on the servo.I will have to try it tomorow if it's not to cold out.Could this be connected to the flooding to start problem i mentioned above?

Thanks jatodood that was a big help and i'm sure i will notice a difference.