Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Who's in Minnesota?

I've noticed lately that there seem to be a lot of new(er) members from Minnesota.

Where do you live?

I'm in Coon Rapids, a NW suburb of Minneapolis.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    hey tk.........i live in moorhead mn across the red river from fargo! the fargo track has been closed down for awhile due to lack of public knowledge i think?!? hopefully one will be up and running soon! what do you have for rc cars and trucks??
    Houston,"We have a problem!!" "WHERES MY TOOLS?!?"

Hey Whitewolf. I have a Pede w/carbon fiber chassis, FLM tranny case. Steel gears, big bore shocks, RPM carriers, widened with hpi arms, Moabs on RPM bullyz, and more I'm sure.

I have a Rustler. Heres a thread on my build.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...er+suggestions

And here is my current project. Project "B".
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=update

How about you. Oh yeah my Pede is powered by a MM 5700.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    hey.......well i have been buying only traxxas except the losi mini-t, tmaxx 2.5, tmaxx 3.3 revo 2.5r. revo 3.3, jato 2.5r, jato 3.3. vxl rusty, vxl bandit, 2 sledgehammers which one is nib! had 1 hawk. 1 cat and i just won on ebay a cat new in the box Item number: 220197494767 take a look and see for yourself! its awesome! now the bad part is the only ones i play with is tmaxx 2.5 and the rustyvxl! i have a goal to collect all traxxas models to date!!

I have a Vintage Traxxas Radicator in excellnt condition. I may be selling it. I also have 2 sledgehammers. A vintage Tamiya King Cab, and a Old School Tamiya LunchBox.

The Pede is my only driver. I still need motors and escs for the 2 projects I linked to you.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    wow thats great!! yeah i needed a hobby as i was going to have a kidney transplant so i always wanted to fly rc planes but i could not leave the yard so i took up rc trucks and cars. and i love it! so desided to start collecting old ones too!! i havent looked outside of traxxas!!! then all the repairs are simple and i can communicate with one company when i need to!!

RC Racer
    I'm in Minnesota too, over in the Woodbury. Right now I have two operating trucks; an E-Maxx and a Revo 2.5R. I've had the E-Maxx for almost two years and just bought the Revo used and it is a winter project.

I run this E-Maxx a lot with the Team Extreme RC Monster Truck Club(teamextremerc.com). It is a really fun experience and we do a lot of fun races and events.

This is the Revo I just bought and I am replacing parts and getting a bunch of new stuff for it and am hoping to do some of the MN Nitro Series races this Spring/Summer. It'll look a lot different when I'm finished. This is how I bought it, except I added the new tires.

RC Qualifier
    hey welcom yonder!!! oh does your club come to the monster truck show one in awhil at the fargdome???? sound familiar!!

RC Racer
    Haha! Actually yeah! Some of the guys were up there this past weekend, but I couldn't make it...but I saw a lot of pictures and it looked like fun!!! The last Monster Jam I did was the one in January in Minneapolis. I had some trouble with both of my trucks that day.

RC Qualifier
    i think it was 2 years ago when i saw your group there bashing away at break time and it was awesome!! and the show of course!!

RC Qualifier
    I am from Minnesota...ya sure, you betcha! I race on the MN nitro series also. Hope to see some of you at the races.
    REVO
    OS TZ, JR Servos, HT Lipo Batteries, DX3r

Wow more responses than I thought. How often do you guys run your trucks this time of year?

I have driven 1 of my Rustlers only once since October.

And if you don't mind how old are you. I'm 32. 2 kids, wife, dog, cat, and mortgage.

TK
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    i ran my rustler vxl beginning of december thats it! as im pretty hyped up on getting my electronics wet! ill be 41 in march have wife 3 kids 2 bichons!

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah i forgot to add that i am a finish carpenter by trade own my own company!

Cool whitewolf, I'm an electrician. Well, an aprentice anyway. LOL
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    so we both have the same basic construction minds!!

RC Racer
    Well, I don't drive my trucks too much this time of year. When I do, it is indoor races with the E-Maxx. I'm 19 and pay for college myself, so as you can expect, I can't spend as much as I'd like on RC, but it is still fun!

We should try to get the Minnesota boys together somewhere, sometime this Summer for a bash session.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    hey tk........i think that would be a great idea! i would like to meet in the middle like alex! im originally from willmar. mn

I would be OK w/Alexandria. I have some family there. It would be good to go somewhere where someone lives. Easier to find spots bash when someone knows the area. It would be a plus to go somewhere that has a BMX track or something.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    or do you think your city would be best?? do you have tracks down there?? just something to think about!! oh by the way we have a blizzard going on here and i had to take the wife to work! and you cant see about half a block!

RC Racer
    I'm in MN as well. I work in Coon Rapids and live up by Zimmerman. I have a Stampede, Rustler, E-Maxx(widemaxx version) and I am slowly wrapping up my E-Maxx based crawler. I have to shine it up and finish it since most of the chassis parts were scratch built. I usually terrorize my local park and the streets in my neighborhood. I work every weekend so it's hard to get to a real track when anything is going on.

RC Qualifier
    hey razor welcome to this forum! tk says there have been around from minnesot so he asked! i am up in moorhead and at the moment we have a blizzard going on!! but he came up with a great idea to get together in the summer for a little bashing!

RC Racer
    Thanks!
    I'll keep my eyes peeled if a get together is arranged. This snow is killing me, I almost had the Emaxx out yesterday...

RC Qualifier
    that is why i bought a mini-t to settle down my rc craving! if that doesnt work then i start buying more vehicles!! this one is very dangerous!!

RC Racer
    I'm debating starting a new project or buying a new car. I'm not real sure which way I'll go but I do have like 3/4 of a Rustler laying around. Maybe I'll see what i can turn that into...

RC Qualifier
    well how much more do you need to finish the project??? i watch ebay and the market place here and seem to be ok deals on parts!

RC Racer
    Well I'm missing the most important part, the transmission. I used it in my crawler. Otherwise I have the whole truck except for a body but that's no big deal.

RC Qualifier
    should check on the traxxas market and ebay!!

RC Qualifier
    my brother said its storming in new market south of the cities!

RC Racer
    It was snowing earlier in Coon Rapids and now the temp is in a freefall. It should be a fun ride home tonight.

RC Qualifier
    where are you coming from???

RC Racer
    The thing is I already have one Rustler, there isn't a whole lot you can do to them to make them different. I'm always open to ideas but nothing is really standing out right now.

RC Qualifier
    well i havent gotten into customizing anything yet! i just keep buying them new! mabey i should start! i am also stamp collector and i collect tequila from all over the world! yes full bottles!!need to simpify my hobbies!!

RC Racer
    I'm going from Coon Rapids about 35 miles north. So it isn't as bad as it could be but it seems people on hwy 10 forget it snows every year and they get very very nervous so my drive time shoots way up.

RC Racer
    Customizing is very fun, it all depends on what tools you have available. It was an adventure when I build my crawler, I'm actually on version 2.0

RC Qualifier
    as for as tools........i have tons of em as i love tools!!

RC Qualifier
    i wonder what the cost would be to start ground up on electric and nitro?????? custom build i mean!

RC Racer
    Usually you can get off cheaper buying a whole car than building one. The main thing is if you can't buy a car that does what you want or does the things you want. As far as my crawler goes the chassis only costs me about $20. It was the axles and the electronics that rack up the price. All and all I got off pretty cheap with the spare parts I had lying around. Tires and wheels were $100 though, that stung a little.

RC Qualifier
    OUCH!! that hurts

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast