Thread: Skid Plate

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by lethal323; 02-26-2008 at 08:09 PM.
    High performance 7-Cells and Titans = BAD IDEA!

Any part that fit the other Maxx's will. I don't hear any good about Integy for the most part. No personal experiences though.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    Any other companies that you would recommend?

Remember this is a 3905... Are there any special parts on the 3905 vs. 3906? Besides Chassie and Under Skid plate?

RC Competitor
    I can say the integy or metal in general are fine for show however they aren't for bashing. They bend and don't flex back. Enough hits and they are warped to the point of no return. RPM Bumpers flex and absorb energy that would transfer to other parts. I guess it boils down to what type of running you are planning on doing

RC Qualifier
    Titanium skids are the best IMO. Just don't buy ANYTHING integy. Pure waste of money.

RC Competitor
    I have the integy piggyback shocks that are working and holding up good not sure about their other parts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    okay i am going to kinda debate the previous posts some. not to be mean but a few of you are just plain WRONG. most integy parts are not very good. however teh progressive rate springs are very awesome and hold up to some incredible bashing. next as for metal skids it depends on the metal itself and who makes the skids. my 3905 has a set of hardcore racing titanium skids that take a severe beating and only have small scratches. but they cost a decent amount. costed around 100 bucks for front and rear skids from hardcore racing themselves. but i am very happy with them. they look ogod and also give the protection plastic skids lack.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    Now are the flex parts worth the money from RPM? Im prob going to buy them right now(im talking the arms)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTZX3&P=7

Those will fit, right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    yes they will. as stated by me and others countless numbers of times before almost all skids, all arms, all shocks, all bulkheads, all shock towers, all bumpers will bolt onto the 3905 WITH NO PROBLEM
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Competitor
    Yes they fit I just installed them on mine last night. A very nice fit they also come with larger than stock bearings. I would also recommend the front RPM arms and oversized axle carriers while you are doing the rear. RPM has made quality parts for years.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, what I was also wondering is when you look at the lower arms it looks alot different where the shocks attach, how does this work?

**EDIT** Dumb Q... Dont answer...

but what are those other things?

RC Qualifier
    Actuly, here I will just do this..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMZT5&P=7

Buy two of those, its cheaper
    Last edited by lethal323; 02-26-2008 at 09:27 PM.

RC Competitor
    The kit you posted is for the tru-track conversion this eliminates the rod for rear Toe-in and sets it at 1.5 degree neg toe-in per side. It also uses the RPM axle carrier which are more beefy than stock and keeps the pillowball from pulling through on hard side rollovers. This kit will not work for the front. If you go this way I would go with the RPM axle carriers and A-Arms for the front. This change really beefs up the suspension.

RC Qualifier
    Alright, well I will think about what im going to do