Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Delawhere?
    Posts
    10

    I Need Help Converting A Stock 3.3 Revo To Race Roller

    I was wondering if anyone could help me convert my Revo 3.3 to be a copetitive race truck. I recently purchased a REVO 3.3 that is bone stock. I have been racing 1/8 th scale copetitively for many years and always wanted a monster truck. So any recommendations,opinions would be greatly appreciated. Like part numbers of definite upgrades or even have to have parts. Again the truck I have is bone stock and it has reverse. Thanks ahead of time to anyone that can help me in this matter.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere in PA??
    Posts
    525
    This has helped me a lot!!!!
    pit pass 1,2,3 and IV
    http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...l&cat=0&id=594
    I had a chance to talk to Steve S. at motorama in Harrisburg..here's a few new things he has found latey that works very well on his PE revo..
    - Run a monster truck tire, hes said the traxxas response tire are doing very well for him
    - Use 500k diff oil in the center diff(oh. you need to buy the center diff kit along with the rear brake kit)
    - M2c racing motor brace http://m2cracing.com/category.sc?categoryId=2
    - M2c racing rear pin retainer http://m2cracing.com/category.sc?categoryId=2(if you brake your rear skid plate the pins will not fall out!
    There's a few more i'll get them on here later...
    Last edited by Gearhead racer; 03-09-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Race when i want and where i want.......

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    1,259
    Forward only conversion
    Get a RD Logics starter box or the OFNA T-start and a new crankshaft(or just grind the nub) and backplate,
    extended wheelbase rear arms
    LPR wheels/tires
    17mm adapters (Traxxas ones seem to work best for most people, I use ofna)
    wing mount
    wing
    racing body
    aluminum pushrods/toe-links
    upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    center diff
    rear brake kit
    grind down the pivot balls slightly to get more steering (and check out the "slayden" free steering mods)
    nice radio system (you should already have that)
    newer style radio box/throttle servo mount
    convert to single steering servo(upgrade to 200oz or better) w/ longer servo horn
    get a couple of extra spur gears
    convert to big block/side pipe if you want.

    If you don't think I know what I'm talking about.... here you go....

    Revo Mach 427/Single Speed
    Slash Stock-2S LiPo

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by xtcvapor
    Forward only conversion
    Get a RD Logics starter box or the OFNA T-start and a new crankshaft(or just grind the nub) and backplate,
    extended wheelbase rear arms
    LPR wheels/tires
    17mm adapters (Traxxas ones seem to work best for most people, I use ofna)
    wing mount
    wing
    racing body
    aluminum pushrods/toe-links
    upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    center diff
    rear brake kit
    grind down the pivot balls slightly to get more steering (and check out the "slayden" free steering mods)
    nice radio system (you should already have that)
    newer style radio box/throttle servo mount
    convert to single steering servo(upgrade to 200oz or better) w/ longer servo horn
    get a couple of extra spur gears
    convert to big block/side pipe if you want.

    If you don't think I know what I'm talking about.... here you go....

    Wow .
    FEEDBACK
    +12/-0
    AND GROWING EVERYDAY=)

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere in PA??
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by xtcvapor
    Forward only conversion
    Get a RD Logics starter box or the OFNA T-start and a new crankshaft(or just grind the nub) and backplate,
    extended wheelbase rear arms
    LPR wheels/tires
    17mm adapters (Traxxas ones seem to work best for most people, I use ofna)
    wing mount
    wing
    racing body
    aluminum pushrods/toe-links
    upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    center diff
    rear brake kit
    grind down the pivot balls slightly to get more steering (and check out the "slayden" free steering mods)
    nice radio system (you should already have that)
    newer style radio box/throttle servo mount
    convert to single steering servo(upgrade to 200oz or better) w/ longer servo horn
    get a couple of extra spur gears
    convert to big block/side pipe if you want.

    If you don't think I know what I'm talking about.... here you go....

    I did the steering mod to my revo,WOW ooh. hurry guys if you want the proline steering arm, proline discotuined it and proline has a few left at proline..
    I'll have to get a pic of mine up soon!
    -The 5308 revo has the upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    Porline arm= http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJVG1&P=7
    Last edited by Gearhead racer; 03-09-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Race when i want and where i want.......

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    94
    FYI... ImpaktRC still has some.
    http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...roducts_id=371

    Just ordered 2 of them, I heard everyone rambling about them and the Integy aluminum arms were, well for lack of a better term, crap. Lets hope this new 250oz servo, Slaydens mods and Proline arm are a match!

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere in PA??
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrider_67
    FYI... ImpaktRC still has some.
    http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...roducts_id=371

    Just ordered 2 of them, I heard everyone rambling about them and the Integy aluminum arms were, well for lack of a better term, crap. Lets hope this new 250oz servo, Slaydens mods and Proline arm are a match!
    +1 on the mod! Im only running a futaba 3305 servo which is a 127oz
    Race when i want and where i want.......

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern MN
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrider_67
    FYI... ImpaktRC still has some.
    http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...roducts_id=371

    Just ordered 2 of them, I heard everyone rambling about them and the Integy aluminum arms were, well for lack of a better term, crap. Lets hope this new 250oz servo, Slaydens mods and Proline arm are a match!

    OR you could save some money here:
    http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/pro603700.htm
    It's not a money pit...honey.....really!

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
    -The 5308 revo has the upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    He said he has reverse, so he doesn't have a 5308, that's why I recommended the carriers.
    Revo Mach 427/Single Speed
    Slash Stock-2S LiPo

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,430
    What is this steering mod you guys are talking about ( grinding down the pillow balls) Please send me a link or give directions and a pic or 2
    Revo Picco 26
    T Maxx3.3
    Jato3.3
    RC10GT
    XXX-NT

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
    I did the steering mod to my revo,WOW ooh. hurry guys if you want the proline steering arm, proline discotuined it and proline has a few left at proline..
    I'll have to get a pic of mine up soon!
    -The 5308 revo has the upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    Porline arm= http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJVG1&P=7
    Whats so good about the pro line steering arm?
    Last edited by The Man; 03-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Revo Picco 26
    T Maxx3.3
    Jato3.3
    RC10GT
    XXX-NT

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by xtcvapor
    Forward only conversion
    Get a RD Logics starter box or the OFNA T-start and a new crankshaft(or just grind the nub) and backplate,
    extended wheelbase rear arms
    LPR wheels/tires
    17mm adapters (Traxxas ones seem to work best for most people, I use ofna)
    wing mount
    wing
    racing body
    aluminum pushrods/toe-links
    upgraded axle carriers (ones w/ the metal rings)
    center diff
    rear brake kit
    grind down the pivot balls slightly to get more steering (and check out the "slayden" free steering mods)
    nice radio system (you should already have that)
    newer style radio box/throttle servo mount
    convert to single steering servo(upgrade to 200oz or better) w/ longer servo horn
    get a couple of extra spur gears
    convert to big block/side pipe if you want.

    If you don't think I know what I'm talking about.... here you go....


    How do you like that Mach 427 ? How does it compare to the Picco .26 Maxx? I have the Picco and I love it. Also what up with those LRP wheels the look a lot narrower than the stock wheels and the 40 series tires. How do they do for bashing? I would apericate any info you could pass along. Thanks
    Revo Picco 26
    T Maxx3.3
    Jato3.3
    RC10GT
    XXX-NT

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere in PA??
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Whats so good about the pro line steering arm?
    Its stronger than the stock steering arm and i found it get a little more throw with it.
    Last edited by Gearhead racer; 03-09-2009 at 10:31 PM.
    Race when i want and where i want.......

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    How do you like that Mach 427 ? How does it compare to the Picco .26 Maxx? I have the Picco and I love it. Also what up with those LRP wheels the look a lot narrower than the stock wheels and the 40 series tires. How do they do for bashing? I would apericate any info you could pass along. Thanks
    I like them better than the 40 series they replaced. The Mach 427 is pretty much the only big block I had in the Revo (had a Mach 26SS for 2 weeks). Never had a Picco engine, so couldn't tell ya. The LPRs are narrower, but they are for racing, as they are truggy tires/wheels. The Revo handles pretty well, considering it weighs 9.34 lbs. I think it's light considering it's a big block truck. I shed some weight w/ some special carbon fiber components
    Revo Mach 427/Single Speed
    Slash Stock-2S LiPo

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. fallonguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dayton Nv.
    Posts
    3,182
    Check with the track your going to race as to what class they have for M/T the track I run at only has a stock M/T class modified M/T have to run in the same class as the truggys
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

  16. #16
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Delawhere?
    Posts
    10
    Thanks for all the info, I placed a massive order from Tower last night. I think the only rthing I still need to get is a body and some wheels and tires and a few other misc things.

  17. #17
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    franklinville nj
    Posts
    49
    Is this JP from checkerboard
    sponsors
    TeamTrinity/Panther tires

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •