RC poster

North Central Arkansas?

I'll be moving to the Mountain Home area of Arkasas the first of June. Anybody from there? It seems like there isn't much going on in that area, so I'm hoping its not completely dead, rc wise. With all the lakes and rivers, there has to be some good bashing spots. The less time I have to spend bombing around in my in-laws front yard, the better...

RC Champion
    my aunt and uncle live in mountain hoe. from what i understand it is a pretty quiet place. but i am sure if you look around you will find some bashers/ racers

RC Champion
    I moved to fayetteville 2 years ago. Its about 2 hours east. There are a few people around here. best place is of course the LHS to find people. Not alot of real racing going on arround here.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Racer
    I've lived in North Little Rock for years and there really isn't much in terms of organized racing. Only one track in L.R. and its a home owned track, good people though and well kept track. Other than that, I just keep my eyes peeled for interesting spots/areas to break some parts, hehe. My Jato is always at hand ridin' shotgun with me.
    Jato3.3,CVDshafts,RedTurnbuckles

RC poster
    I've been asking around on a few other boards and the answer is pretty much the same: not a whole lot going on around there. I think what I may have to do is get a house with a few acres a little ways outside of town and build my own track.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by S-smacks!
    I've been asking around on a few other boards and the answer is pretty much the same: not a whole lot going on around there. I think what I may have to do is get a house with a few acres a little ways outside of town and build my own track.

Thats what I am doing. Already looked into lighting and lumber for the drivers stand. I am moving way way out. I will be able to run 3 am if I want. That is with the wife aproval and all. To quote a common movie: "if you build it they will come"
    Pay It Forward.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD RC
    I moved to fayetteville 2 years ago. Its about 2 hours east. There are a few people around here. best place is of course the LHS to find people. Not alot of real racing going on arround here.
    My Wife and I have family in Siloam Springs. We travel up that way several times a year. Fayetteville is right on the way.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD RC
    Thats what I am doing. Already looked into lighting and lumber for the drivers stand. I am moving way way out. I will be able to run 3 am if I want. That is with the wife aproval and all. To quote a common movie: "if you build it they will come"
    I'm down for the drive. I hear ya on wanting to run it at 3:00 AM. I have two acres in the city, not too many neighbors around, so I can just barely get away with it.

RC poster
    Well, I'm here! The bad news is, as I feared, the rc scene seems non-existant. All the lhs's have closed their doors. The nearest one to me now is an hour away in Harrison. I might have to hit up the local motorcycle shops and see if they know of any riding areas that are fairly close.

RC Competitor
    Hey S-smacks , I live here in Mountain Home. I live on Norfork lake. There are no hobby shops around here , bummer , but I just read your last post about a shop in Harrison. I have a fullsize summit and a 2WD raptor ( slash ). I am getting a new 1/18 teton for my 45TH birthday in June. I would like to meet you in person and get together and have a good time! There are ALOT of excellent bashing areas and open fields for street running. I can show you around and welcome to Mountain Home! Please contact me! It would be great to have a fellow r/c'er to have fun with!