RC Racer

Idle goes up when trying to come to a stop...

Just had the MAXX out... and the idle kept trying to go up after a high speed run when I would try to come to a stop. It seemed like I had to wait while stopped for the idle to come down... I have a good tune... it wheelies on command and the trans shifts good trail of smoke. I lowered the idle and adjusted the HSN & LSN and it still does it but not as bad... I am now confused... any ideas ??? It wasn't running hot. Could the outside temperature cause this ???

If the engine takes a little bit to come back down to idle after a high speed pass, then it's most likely a hair lean on the LSN.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Racer
    Would a lean LSN condition cause the idle to fluctuate up & down ???

Idle fluctuation may be from an air leak, which would also cause the lean lsn condition.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Racer
    Okay... well I am going to try adjusting the LSN and if that dosent do it then I will probably start over by setting the needles back to factory and see what happens. I hope I dont have an air leak... I had an air leak once before with a fuel tank cap leak and I took care of that. I wonder if the carb is letting air in where the slide is ??? I will look into it and see what I find... Thanks alot !!!
    Last edited by WILD72; 04-14-2008 at 08:27 PM.

RC Champion
    Also, if your fuel lines are old, they can cause air leaks also... Here is a GREAT guide that I used about a year ago w/ my RC10GT w/ an O.S. .18, found an airleak and sealed it up.. also if you find a leak and seal it up, i do believe it voids your engines warrenty and they will not replace it if you ever would like to do so if it breaks.. just something to think about.... check the little nut where the fuel line goes in, and make sure that the idle screw isnt backed out too much, it can cause an air leak..... i would take the whole engine out, just to clean and inspect it, flush it out w/ WD-40 and then with after run oil.... also if its having problems idling, idk if this is true or not but you may want to look into a new glow plug, a hotter glow plug perhaps? Im thinking that it may stall if you dont have a hot enough glow plug.. just an idea. thats all :P Good luck mate, just say if anything comes up!
    Richard
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Champion
    Whoops forgot the link! Here it is:
    http://www.rchobbies.org/engine-tuning.htm
    Good Luck man!
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Champion
    Richen the HSN till it stops..
    T-MAXX 3.3 ACNCM BBcHaSI...Jato 3.3..33the Best sb