Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    RC Qualifier
    kool. i was looking on towerhobbies the specs for the hv-maxx esc and it says 400amp per phase rated current. thats alot to me!sounds like a good esc just it cant take sensoreless motors
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Qualifier
    well that is what the prez said that they would measure up to the neus oh well i would like to see what would happen if you would put 6s with that combo that would be really fast wouldn't it
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by s-maxxer
    kool. i was looking on towerhobbies the specs for the hv-maxx esc and it says 400amp per phase rated current. thats alot to me!sounds like a good esc just it cant take sensoreless motors
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Novak are the biggest liars in the world. The hvmaxx isnt rated for 400amps per phase, its more like about 70amps total- it runs warm/hot when pulling 35amps or so. The trouble is, novak created those specs by adding together the ratings of the FETs or some other shady method of calculation, which gives completely false specs. The MMM is rated at 200amps, and those are true specs. Patrick de castleo (Castle CEO) has been talking about that kinda thing on the RCM forum, hence why he doesnt like to publish their escs true specs, because other companies will just make up better specs, which arent accurate or true, to make their escs look better. Go figure....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    yeah no way the hv maxx can pull that many amps their motors are only rated to a max of what 800 watts
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Even scarier is the fact the original system that I have has a little lable that says "375watts" on it. So far as I know, only the motors have changed since you now have the 4.5-7.5 turn hv motors, but the escs are still only rated for 800watts. Doing the mathe, that means:

800 / 16.8v = 47 amps maximum (in theory). When you take into account the 4.5 motor can kill the esc through excessive current draw, it kinda blows that 400amps per phase rating outta the water.

That said, the VXL system being rated at 200amps is a bit dubious- the part # on the FETS seems okay, but thats only if they stay at 25*C; the hotter they (or any component) gets, the lower its spec becomes- derating curve I believe its called. So, if your esc runs hot, it wont be able to handle the maximum current its rated for....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    until eventually....boom bam bang......right
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    yeah after i saw the specs then i was like then how come people are blowing them up??? thats said cant even handle 50 amp draws. it should cost more like 150 for the system! when you can get the mm 9xl cc bec for less then 3 bones. wow forget that system.
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Qualifier
    when i saw the 4.5 i thought this is a great system now that i know what a great system is i am like "4.5,boring now neu 1515 1.5d with 6s and mmm that is my system"
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    the nue is a beast but ill be satisfied with an 8/9xl with 14 cells/5s that is as fast as i wanna go lol. so you going to get the erevo from traxxas geo???
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Qualifier
    definentiley
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah i ain't going to be satisfied with anything that goes 50 i want something that goes at least 60 and a max of 90
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Okay.....

You know, to go that kind of speed (90), you would need a neu 1527, and an esc capable of 8s lipo or more- plane escs basically, and aint got brakes....

TDC57 is the guy to talk to about that kind thing- an emaxx is too unstable at high speed, you need a true 1/8 scale truck with lower CoG and stronger driveline. At 13, I was playing with toy grade rcs - youth of today wants it all and wants it now....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    well i was kidding about the 90 i meant for the most 65............then 90 when i want to be an idiot
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Racer
    Not to be the nay-sayer as this thread just keeps going, but I can't help but wonder why you would not want to work your way up? I was into hobby grade rc's as a teen and didn't touch them again until 30. These trucks are fast and after hitting my wife in the shin with a T-maxx wide open, I also realized a 10 lb MT can be pretty dangerous. I just bought my first b/l set up and I'm hoping to get 40 out of it(HV pro). I have 3 young boys and 2 acres of yard to bash in. I can't imagine 55-60 and now you're looking for 80+. Most of the guys running these high powered set ups are running in wide open spaces like runways. My suggestion is start stock or with a mild b/l set up and work your way up. You have to hone your driving skills with these bad boys!

Just my $.02

RC Champion
    work his way up ? he doesnt have a truck at all to work up down or sideways lol just weeks of santa clause lists

RC Qualifier
    doesn't anyone read the entire thread anymore i am going to work my way up i never said i am going to put brushless in this thing as soon as i could-well that was before BJE made me change my mind-and when i meant when i want to be stupid i meant i am not really going to try that and i do not believe in santa heck i am not even christian
    Last edited by Geogenesis; 06-14-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah neil there are escs for rc cars that can handle 8s and i don't need to get 8s or that other esc all i need is the right gearing
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pull my finger.

There are indeed escs for cars that can handle 8s- the MGMs that cost $300-500, and the Schulzes that cost about the same, or more. There are also the Jazz & Jive escs that cost about the same, but have lower current ratings since they are intended for carefully thoughout high voltage and low kv setups. Then there are a few speciality escs that cost about $500 or more, and are rarer than hen's teeth; believe me, the RC-Monster guys have been hunting down escs that might be servicable for car/truck use for years....

And santaclaus lists have nothing to do being a christian, its more of a derogatory remark about this thread- a 9 page long ramble about making some kind of super Erevo, with no idea about how to do it. Dont get us wrong, but you arent the 1st person ot want to build the ultimate truck, once you've been given the info and advice you need (a hundred times over), it would be a good idea to mull it over, then choose the best route that suites you. No need to carry on asking the same questions, you can find the answers all over the internet; its called research....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    good point
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    hey neil who was the unlucky guy to get stabbed in th head with your pencil when you were awake at 3am hoping for the release of the v lol
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Dont tempt me....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    sorry that was so funny
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    especially the guy who wrote under you "I'l kill all of you at traxxas if whatever you are making doesn't come out today" i can't believe that you guys were becoming so hyped up i am guessing though you are now going to say you tempted me so now feel the wrath of my pencil then throw it at your computer now have you been taking your medication in the right amounts
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    okay lets get serious can someone help me find a store that sells lehners cause i am really interested in them
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Champion
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ari%26rls%3Den

It is translated so not all of the words are right. I would rather get a Neu just because then you know what you are ordering and it is made in the US.
    Last edited by JAKETHESNAKE28; 06-16-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    You are only as good as your weakest link.

RC Qualifier
    yeah i should go neu just wanted to see though if anyone is selling lehners
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Champion
    http://www.icare-rc.com/plettenberg_pricelist.htm#cars

Have a look at the bigMAXXimum with fan if that fits your budget. It is american made and is a super crazy motor from what I hear.
    You are only as good as your weakest link.

RC Qualifier
    the bigMAXXimum no but what about the MAXXimum
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Champion
    you can get lehners at alot of boat sites id try offshoreelectrics or finedesign, id look at wiring a 6 pole motor, astrisk and star etc. rumrunner racing forum would probobly have alot on that. Kind of a hefty project for a 1st timer with no hands on brushless experience but maybe its your niche..

then drive it with this Link

RC Qualifier
    hmmm that seems pretty good but there may be problems with that off road
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    **cough** visit the emaxx faq version 2 for a complete list of BL motor retailers of all the wellknown & less welknown brands- specifically the aero & boat sites that are listed **cough**
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    lol, this thread is never going to die, is it?

After this mountain of information it's going to come down to Mom saying, "You want what now?" "Here's $75 to get you an RC car from Radio Shack, dear."

RC Qualifier
    hmm didn't know that you had out it up there thanks for telling me that and when will the mods sticky your Every Link You Will Ever as well DJANGO if that does happen i am blaming you
    I am Luke Skywalker.

RC Qualifier
    so looks like i have everything i need to know so see ya unless neil can tell me something else
    I am Luke Skywalker.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789