RC Qualifier

didn't relly expect a E-revo.

So Its made now!I relly like the way the transmission is.I was saving for a slash,but now its going for a E-revo !2 things that relly disapointed me though.Plastic chassis doesn't seem right on a revo(maybe its just me).And why the old titans again?At least make some beter ones,For lil more power. Titan 750s w/3 poles(E) sounds about right .I bet those would be relly good motors if they were made.When I first saw the revo on the homepage I was thinking it had a new vxl system it.This wouldve been the best time to release a vxl for monstertrucks.
    Or they could just be waiting until after castle throw out the MMM for sale.
    youre not offroading until you go muddin!

RC Champion
    all good points mudder....plastic chassis, crappy titan system that has bugs...but it sure looks awesome
    MMM is giving new meaning to "Make Em Cry

RC Enthusiast
    I agree! WhenI first saw it I thougth Brushless. Nice. I'm gonna wait!
    Revo Basher Ready

I thought the same thing.... Then I looked at the pictures and was dissapointed.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    It would be insanely expensive with the brushless setup every one would want -- dual motors.

WAY to expensive.

I think it looks awesome in stock configuration.
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Qualifier
    You're not supposed to leave it all stock...the titans and EVX are just placeholders for the brushless gear they say this was build ready for.

While I'd tend to agree on the plastic chassis, I'm guessing they'll hold up fairly well, but do expect some to break it like they have the plastic e-maxx chassis.

RC Champion
    A $100 ESC place holder? If they wanted it to run with a brushless motor, they would have stocked it like that.

Or they would sell it without a motor or ESC. (quasi-roller)

The dual Titans will give it plenty of off-the-line power but maybe not as much top speed as a brushless motor as they have a higher RPM limit.

That said, it would be nice to be able to purchase it without a motor/esc. I don't like using two batteries, plus.. I would eventually want to put in a brushless system because of less maintenance. (Stock performance for me would be fine.)
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Racer
    the emax & t max break because the bulk heads.the revo is one piece chassis.thats why the reco is so nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by J3110
    You're not supposed to leave it all stock...the titans and EVX are just placeholders for the brushless gear they say this was build ready for.

While I'd tend to agree on the plastic chassis, I'm guessing they'll hold up fairly well, but do expect some to break it like they have the plastic e-maxx chassis.

That's call "Businese"!! Traxxas use plastic chassis & 550 motor on RTR E-vero, that will bring down the price for everyone. then sell the up-grade parts! make you to spend $$$$, Smart!! And soon, they will come out a Platinum E-Revo. Who knows.
    Last edited by RC-Crazy; 04-19-2008 at 12:06 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would have liked a metal chassis, with bolt on battery trays made of plastic. That said, traxxas have been very clever in making the chassis a single piece = monocoque. I would have never thought of the battery trays being side-entry like that- gives people all the room they need to mount the electronics. The motor mount is clever too, gives you more options depending on the size of the motor. Nice one traxxas.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    I think it looks awesome too! Love this picture!

I do think it would be insanely expensive it came as a brushless setup. Twin titans are for the best though, for those who want brushless can easily upgrade it.
    Last edited by Super RC Driver; 04-19-2008 at 01:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Even though some people would rather have a metal chassis, that plastic one looks extremely strong, so I'm not worried about it.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Champion
    I can't believe people are worried about a plastic chassis and not that wing and mount.
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Champion
    I foresee a Vantage carbon fiber chasis coming out ASAP..
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by watts300
    I can't believe people are worried about a plastic chassis and not that wing and mount.
    i already know the wing mount is very tough. The plastic chassis is the only thing i do not like. I like the motor placement. Once you go brushless, it goes way below the top motor, and the top mount will be eliminated. It would look very nice. But its just the chassis i dont like....
    hate when I spend $, but love to build and run it.

RC Champion
    You guys have any clue how heavy it would be if it had a all alum chassis? and how hard it would be to make a one peice alum with the chassis layout they have...it would probably impossible IMO. Tim Roberts was one of the designers for the E-Revo that has to tell ya something.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I fully expected an E-Revo. I predicted it on other threads. I am actually surprised it is this soon though. The design to me is refreshing which is showing Traxxas actually put some thought into it.

I am pretty sure someone will come out with a single battery chassis and probably an aluminum chassis less than 2 mos after this hits the street so have no fear.

RC Racer
    haha when i first saw it i thought a VXL 4tec for sure...but this is definitely a pleasant surprise...would b neat to see a VXL model but as stated above, I'm sure if the buyer really wants that he/she can upgrade...love that black chrome

RC Champion
    I can do without it, its a lil too late honestly. I will get the slash instead for sure.

RC Champion
    Not me. I want this thing.
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Outkast- your Erevo is nicer anyway.

A metal center chassis, with plastic battery pods would have been nice, and a good compromise, but Im sure we will see aftermaerket offerings sooner or later- Vantage racing indeed...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Outkasts is nicer? Can i see a pic? I was just thinking of an E-Revo conversion right b4 i logged on, just was thinking of how it would be... and then they have a new truck.. loll... Ill stick w/ my 2.5 Tmaxx
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Champion
    A nitro revo conversion is pretty much a whole different thing than erevo depending on how you do it. Mechanical brake and forward only you can get a HV brushless esc for $100 and run huge volt lipos and smoke everything. That is what is appealing to me about a revo conversion.