testing thought.....

it said in the specs, they had tested it with a custom motor and a 6s lipo..it said nothing about the ESC...i wonder what esc they used? ............wouldn't it be awsome if they used the vxl esc with the programming card?
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Racer
    what programming card r u talkin about?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There is no programming card- it was a myth that still hasnt reared it head yet, and even when it does, the VXL esc will not do 6s lipo- component go bye bye at that voltage....

The motor traxxas used was a NEU, looks like a 1515 or 1521, and as for the 6s esc, there are but a few it could have been:

Quark (ssb mk3, 125b)
    MGM
    Moded R1pro perhaps (they can do 5~6s at a push)
    Schulze- not a good idea with a plastic chasis though
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Traxxas needs to post these testing vids so that we can see the real potential of the e revo
    trx: t-maxx/jato/epede
    losi: microT = massive fun

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    There is no programming card- it was a myth that still hasnt reared it head yet, and even when it does, the VXL esc will not do 6s lipo- component go bye bye at that voltage....

The motor traxxas used was a NEU, looks like a 1515 or 1521, and as for the 6s esc, there are but a few it could have been:

Quark (ssb mk3, 125b)
    MGM
    Moded R1pro perhaps (they can do 5~6s at a push)
    Schulze- not a good idea with a plastic chasis though
    Man you are late ! I was wondering when you would pop in an anser this question... lol
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    "While I was sleeping...."

But yeah, there are precious few 6s lipo car escs out there, so the possible list that traxxas could have use is pretty much what I said above. The MMM will be logical choice when its here finally, though the battey trays will be the limiting factor- no 8000mah 10c lipos on this truck unfortunately, you'll have to splash out on 4000-5000mah 20c or greater packs...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    I assume they went to 32p instead of the revo nitro mod1

2x 3s 5000mah looks about max, like the maxx

my new garage

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've just been looking at the micro-site- Im not too keen on the new motor mount design for the single motor. It seems to be a large stand-off with fins basically, which could make it a bit floppy with a large single motor. I really need to see the exploded views as soon as they appear to see how many screws hold the motor mount to the tranny.

I would like to see RCM come out with a center diff/slipper for this truck- turn it into a proper racing machine, though without a tranny, it wouldnt be classed as a truck anymore, and would have to race with 1/8 truggies.... = lose.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    "While I was sleeping...."

But yeah, there are precious few 6s lipo car escs out there, so the possible list that traxxas could have use is pretty much what I said above. The MMM will be logical choice when its here finally, though the battey trays will be the limiting factor- no 8000mah 10c lipos on this truck unfortunately, you'll have to splash out on 4000-5000mah 20c or greater packs...
    Yep Espresso said they are showing it with the MMM at the show.
    3905 E-MAXX