Thread: Love the shocks

RC Qualifier

Love the shocks

i think the shocks are awesome on the e-revo!! i know it is the same design as the nitro revos but i havent noticed how cool they are untill this one. the adjustibility is amazing and the suspension travel is out of this world!! this will be great for hitting some jumps in the backyard. to bad ill never be able to afford it.
    Got Li-Po?

RC Champion
    Loll yea, the Maxx and Revo family go sooo incredibly well together.... the Tmaxx and Emaxx are sorta more toward the sport racing and bashing side of things and the Revo is for teh real racing, and the suspention is part of all that...... The Tmaxx has close to the same travel as the Revo, but the way that it is set up on the Revo is what makes it dominant at the races, about how it gets in and out of the corners is just soo tight... IMO sport racing and bashing are a ton more fun tho w/ my 2.5 Tmaxx :O
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Qualifier
    ive noticed that a tmaxx in stock form aint really a jumper, it bottoms out way easy..
    hows the revos do stock?
    Poohbear72

RC Champion
    Hmm, thats odd, the Tmaxxes are great jumpers stock IMO, my friend has a 2.5 Revo and it is just the same as my Tmaxx.... the stock oil was a little thin, it DID bottom out, so i put some new shock oil in, popped a preload on the rears and a little preload on the front, and it jumps like a pro now Also i put the shock mounts to the closest position to the chassis for the MOST suspention travel, that definetly helps, and handling isnt affected ironicly...
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Champion
    Try to do that and it should help.. did you try a friends or what? Set the shock mounts differently to allow the most suspention travel, and then put a bit of preload on and change the oil and then get back to me sometime, b/c you can tackle anything w/ that setup
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Qualifier
    i have a t-maxx 2.5 also and it has some engine problems and probably some others to but im not worried how it jumps cause im planning to swich to electric.
    Got Li-Po?

RC Qualifier
    my tmaxx has the shocks set for the most travel, it has 50 wt trinity oil and blue integy shocks. it bottoms out hard on about 6 foot high jumps. but back on topic, the revo with stock shocks on it can handle some big jumps right?
    Poohbear72