Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    You are the man Cain!

I was gonna call to settle this once and for all but it's been a busy morning.

w00t !

RC Competitor
    mkrusedc -- looks like these 3s fit but don't hold me to it: Maxamps 5000, TrueRC 5000, Elite 4500, Air Thunder - possibly (145mm x 45mm x 30mm - might be tight fit) Hecell 5000 -- possibly but not sure.

Anyone ever use Hecell lipos? Very cheap so not too sure about them. Does anyone know the deminsions?

RC Competitor
    Has anyone used ***** Lipos? I am interested in buying some.
    Last edited by RCOne; 06-04-2008 at 05:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Also keep in mind how the shrink wrap is on the cells.

RC Qualifier
    Also keep in mind that Maxamps themselves have stated here on these boards, on the RCM boards and on their own Nitro Killer boards that anything smaller than an 8000mAH pack should not be run on a 10+ pound monster truck.

RC Competitor
    I wasn't aware that Maxamps stated that you need a 8000mh pack for Monster trucks (E-Maxx and E-Revo).

Are they saying this because of run time?

RC Champion
    But wouldn’t you think that the majority of people run a Lipo smaller than an 8000 in these trucks? Plenty of people can’t afford the 8000, so they opt to run a smaller (cheaper) version. Just my thoughts, and maybe I am wrong. Anyone else think this way too?
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Champion
    Maxamps suggests their batterys need a 25% buffer over the 20c or you will damage the battery and probobly hurt the esc. 20c x 8000mah=160amps but in maxamps® thats 120 amps C if you are lucky. If you put a 20c 5000mah of theres in it would be 100 amps, but with their buffer you should think of it as 75 amps C. Unfortunatly the battery trays are even smaller than thought and no way you can fit a 30c enerland cell in there or you could grab up 5000mahs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCone
    Are they saying this because of run time?
    No, it has to do with the continuous amps the packs can provide. The "C" rating that gets so much scrutiny.

Page 2, post 80

Don't get confused when the terms "1/10th" and "1/8th" that are used. I think it's pretty common knowledge that Emaxx's, E-Revo's and stuff are more 1/8th scale than the 1/10th scale claims they are sold as.

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    But wouldn’t you think that the majority of people run a Lipo smaller than an 8000 in these trucks? Plenty of people can’t afford the 8000, so they opt to run a smaller (cheaper) version.
    It's all about that "C" rating. The packs have to provide enough juice that's being asked of them. Otherwise they overheat, puff and fail in some manner.

It's a hot topic, for sure.

I'm gonna have to go with what Austin from Maxamps recommends as I'm buying his batteries. They are the only ones that I can find that I know will fit in the stock E-Revo chassis.

I would have rather gone with True RC and save some money, but until I get the truck in had to look at modding it or going with an after market chassis, I went MaxAmps. I hope all the hype is true! I can't wait!!

**Edit** Me and all my link hunting and typing. JayJay got in their, said it and got out.
    Last edited by DJANG0; 06-05-2008 at 12:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    The only battery that will fit is 2s 8000mah into the battery bays.

I was looking to buy (2) 3s 5000mah 20c or even (4) 3s 4300mah 20c lipos because they fit the bays. I will be running the MMM Combo when it comes out.

RC Qualifier
    If you're talking about MaxAmps, Austin and Jason of MA have both said that's not a good idea.

Depends on how you drive though. I drive my RC trucks WOT the whole time until the battery dies. Yank out the dead one, slap in a fresh one and keep on running WOT. That's the way I have fun!

I need a battery/motor/controller combo that can stand up to that.

If you're not running WOT when bashing, what's the point? >8-)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DJANG0
    **Edit** Me and all my link hunting and typing. JayJay got in their, said it and got out.
    I think you said it more clearly and in more detail, people probobly would have just thought im full of it and bought a 12c *****. also Joe Ford from castle says you cant use low c poor quality batterys with the MMM or it will be damaged. There is still debate on rc-monster as to why that would happen but thats how it stands from castle as of now. So beware with low amp batterys.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info... I guess I will wait until the MMM Combo comes out and see what they recommend.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is why I asked I am looking for a higher quality 3s batt of 25C or greater.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Competitor
    You asked "Does anyone know which brands of 3s batts will fit?" I was offering some of my research on what 3s lipo that would fit.

I don't know of anyone that has a 3s 25c that will fit. All I have found they are too big.

RC Competitor
    I just got off the phone with Traxxas tech and he said the compartment size with the door closed is 182mm x 28mm x 50mm

He is running (2) 3s 5000mah lipos, MMM combo setup on the new e-revo. He is getting insane speeds. He said if running this setup on the track go with 2s 8000mah to be more controlable.

RC Champion
    it would be nice to get a straight answer from traxxas or post the battery tray sizes on the website its not like they dont know them by now. 182x28x50 opens up a few more options, who knows whats the correct size though,

polyquest 3s 25c 5000mah 166x48.5x27 would fit if thats the case link
    or Neu 30c 3s 5000 165x47x27 link
    or flight power evo25c 3s 5000 (167 x 48 x 27mm)
    link
    and thats a quick search, much better results, hope its something like that size

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RCOne thanks for the help also. I think maxAmps was advising a higher mAh because of their low C values.

Thanks JayJay you just saved me a bunch of time. That is what I was looking far.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In this thread there are 3 different lengths quoted 165mm, 156mm and 182mm....so what is it?????
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Racer
    Until Traxxas either ships it or posts the real web page, it will just be wild speculation.

RC Qualifier
    From looking at the chassis, it seems the battery boxes tapper at the ends. This might be dead space that's included in the 182mm measurement.

But yeah, who really knows. It's the height measurement that I'm most concerned about.

RC Qualifier
    Seems like we need a measure for dead space tapered area, and non tapered area.

If the taper area is like 26mm, then you get the length back, but limited to the tapered size.

What I posted is what they tech said.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    Just got off the phone with Traxxas rep. here is what he said for battery dimensions:

29mm x 156mm x 50mm maximum size
    Quote Originally Posted by RCOne
    I just got off the phone with Traxxas tech and he said the compartment size with the door closed is 182mm x 28mm x 50mm
    Quote Originally Posted by UE_Test_Pilot
    I measured them at RCX this morning, they are 165mm L x 51mm W x 30mm H, they said 7 nimh cells or a 5000 mah 3 cell or 8000 mah 2 cell will fit. One on each side

165x51x30
    156x50x29
    182x50x28

who knows.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The real limiting measurement appears to be height which without dremmeling something looks like is going to be 28mm.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Either way for me I need to order some Maxamps lipos as the TrueRCs won't fit.

RC Champion
    I wouldnt buy any battery specifically for the erevo until it comes out or Traxxas puts the REAL tray specs on their site. The only batterys that are 90% certain to work are the maxamps 3s 5000 and 2s 8000, but the 3s 5000 wont work with Castles Monster esc, too low of voltage output and at 1 point maxamps said they wont warranty any 5000mah battery used with the Monster. So you are limited to buying a 4s system if you are purchase lipos pre-ervo release and want them to work for certian.

RC Competitor
    I talked to a Traxxas tech also. I would think Traxxas would read this forum and release the correct size. Might have to get the dremmel out.
    Last edited by RCOne; 06-06-2008 at 12:00 PM.

RC Champion
    I guess this is why I will stick with some high quality 7 cell nimhs for now. I know they will fit! I won't be going BL for a while anyways and will go Lipo at that point. Maybe by then battery companies will have something more custom suited to the E-Revo chassis.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Competitor
    Can someone please let us know the real measurements. I want to order lipos but am waiting.

Also, I would like to see the first mod that someone does to the battery compartment. I see the door coming off and gorilla straps holding the battery in the compartment or dremeling the top off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCOne
    Can someone please let us know the real measurements. I want to order lipos but am waiting.

Also, I would like to see the first mod that someone does to the battery compartment. I see the door coming off and gorilla straps holding the battery in the compartment or dremeling the top off.
    Get the Maxamps 2s 8000mah lipos and be done with it. They will for sure fit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERevoaddict
    Get the Maxamps 2s 8000mah lipos and be done with it. They will for sure fit.
    No way must have 6s!!

Scott Unless somebody does it before us I am waiting to get one and then see what 3s packs fit.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrusedc
    No way must have 6s!!

Scott Unless somebody does it before us I am waiting to get one and then see what 3s packs fit.
    The maxamps 3s 5000 are suppose to fit as well.

RC Racer
    I have True RCs which are supposed to be 28mm, but in reality are 30mm. They are the MAX that will fit. I couldn't get one of the battery door clips to latch with those pack. I'm going to buy some batteries that are 2mm thinner (an actual 28mm battery) and I think things will be in good shape. BTW, I had to remove the top tensioners to get the 30mm batts to fit. However, it is probably hard on the wires (mine come out of the top at the end) and the wrap on my lipos.

RC Racer
    Also, I wouldn't buy any 51mm batteries if you plan to actually close the side doors. Mine are 45mm and the door will barely close due to the width.

Direct from the Engineers in the skunk works!

Maximum Internal Dimensions: 29mm x 156mm x 50mm
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken
    Direct from the Engineers in the skunk works!

Maximum Internal Dimensions: 29mm x 156mm x 50mm
    With all the questions surrounding this topic this should be a new thread with your info and stickied. JMO

And thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Skunk works? nice....

What about making a plaster cast of the battery tray- use it to determine the maximum useable dimensions, since they appear to taper inwards towards the chassis; not many people with trapezoid shaped lipos out there...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    A shame that they didn't make something where you could extend the size of the trays. Maybe a removable open top so you could run it as fully sealed or holddowns like the emaxx?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here is a pic of FlightPower 3s 5000mAh in the trays:

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...5&postcount=55
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrusedc
    Here is a pic of FlightPower 3s 5000mAh in the trays:

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...5&postcount=55
    well theres some positive news ! bit snug in there though hope they dont get too hot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast