RC Enthusiast

Super wide rear bumper for 2WD slash?

Hi, my son has started carpet racing his 2WD Slash. All the rear landings are taking their toll on the body. It looks like a really wide rear bumper would help protect this, but I'm not having any luck finding any.

Any ideas?

If maximum protection is what you're after, checkout T-Bone Racing - https://tboneracing.net/collections/...-traxxas-slash

If that's too big, or not your liking, they make a nice one for the rustler that would work as well - https://tboneracing.net/collections/...shless-vxl-xl5
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I did see those. We have T-Bone bumpers on our Stampedes and really like them. However, their Slash bumper doesn't look much wider than stock either, as you can see it doesn't extend into the width of the tires. That's about where the stock ends, approximately on the inside edge of the tires (RPM is same too)

Carpet is brutal for sure! I'm afraid you won't find much (at least not that I've ever seen) wider or bigger than what you've already looked at and/or have. That being said, you may want to adjust the trucks setup to get it handling better and avoid some of the cause of it getting beat up.

RC Enthusiast
    haha, well put! Actually, I think the biggest source of it getting beat up is the driver, but he's just learning :-)

Only time will fix that. Perhaps if the body gets too broken up, a body from Bittydesign will help with longevity until he gets some more experience - these body's are a whole 1mm thick and nearly indestructible. Not bad looking either, just a bit heavy - https://www.amainhobbies.com/bittyde...c-blhk/p363725

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    check out some of the "new bright" "nikko" and "radio shack" trucks. some of them have really huge bumpers, could adapt one of those to work with the back of your truck. really ugly too, most of them lol. but wide and protecting.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Here are some examples of what I mean.

Here is a hummer toy grade chassis.

Front bumper is very basic as u can see. Pic with slash bumper

Hope this helps
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, that is a good suggestion. Looks like there's nothing available directly, but the T-bone bumper would be relatively easy to modify to add on an additional wide bar, kind of like how they mount the wheelie bars on other models.

T-Bone makes horrible products and they have horrible customer service. I would never recommend them.

I had a bumper from them and it snapped after one or two impacts. I emailed them and they were annoyed that I was bothering them and they said they would offer a one-time replacement.

You can buy a sheet of Delrin yourself and cut and form it quite easily. Go to https://www.mcmaster.com and search for Delrin. You can order sheets.

Checkout the offerings from RPM. They have a wide Slash bumper as well as a Revo bumper that I'm sure you could make fit.

RC Enthusiast
    Interesting suggestion about the Delrin. I just got a CNC and could make my own shape rather easily then just figure out how to bend it (which shouldn't be too hard with some heat and a jig).

Why do you suggest Delrin? I'm not familiar with all the different varieties of plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by cm02WS6 View Post
    Interesting suggestion about the Delrin. I just got a CNC and could make my own shape rather easily then just figure out how to bend it (which shouldn't be too hard with some heat and a jig).

Why do you suggest Delrin? I'm not familiar with all the different varieties of plastics.
    I'm pretty sure T-Bone uses Delrin. Delrin is very easy to machine and form and it's a very resilient plastic that will absorb impacts better than most. You could also try Nylon.