RC Qualifier

Transmission mounted motor fan?

Does anyone make a motor fan that mounts to the transmission. All I see on the web are clip on mounts. They do not look like they would be secure.
    Thanks
    trinity 6cell packs - 5 cells for the price of 6!

RC Qualifier
    Do you mean motor mounted? The clip on are pretty tight. I have had them come off but the wrecks that did it were quite substantial. Don't be afraid of them.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

I've got one on one of my Rustlers (Hobbywing motor), and it would take a LOT for it to slide/pop off.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I ordered one. I looked at some videos and it looks like the mounts themselves block some of the air flow.
    Hopefully it will work well.

If you are still worried about it coming loose they do sell thermal glue in tubes as a paste just take off any labels on the motor can and put a very small amount in the middle of the heatsink and snap it on. Most are not super strong glues and can be removed by hand if needed and reglued back on. It can even improve the performance of the heat transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    If you are still worried about it coming loose they do sell thermal glue in tubes as a paste just take off any labels on the motor can and put a very small amount in the middle of the heatsink and snap it on. Most are not super strong glues and can be removed by hand if needed and reglued back on. It can even improve the performance of the heat transfer.
    True. Any themselves paste designed for computer CPUs will work great. However, before you start applying any, first, test-fit the heatsink, to see how loose/tight it is. If tight, or even somewhat types, no paste is needed...if it's loose enough that it freely slides, that's when you use the paste.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    True. Any themselves paste designed for computer CPUs will work great. However, before you start applying any, first, test-fit the heatsink, to see how loose/tight it is. If tight, or even somewhat types, no paste is needed...if it's loose enough that it freely slides, that's when you use the paste.

Thanks for all the replies. Paste is a great idea. I got the integy sink. It actually well made. I had to mover the fan to the center of the mounts. The mount fit nicely on my motor. The only "mod" was removing a few cooling fins so the motor could pivot for adjusting mesh. I did epoxy a circular piece of thin cardboard to keep the motor posts away from the mount. That was the only worry.