Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage_Man
    I'm not so sure that drifting on hard pastic tires is the same as sliding around with tires that actually have some grip in dirt.
    no its not, in dirt you have more traction lol, even less reason to need one haha
    just get a 4wd vehicle, then you can point and pull no problem
    you wont have to blow money on something that dives for you and you wont have to learn anything.

RC Champion
    if you think about it 200 dollars is cheap With the waterproof electronics that is a good deal
    if you can control it, it is too slow

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by !bungle
    Which HT do you frequent? I work somewhat near the South Austin one and live in spittin' distance of the North Austin one, so I'm always dropping by there...
    Come rebate time, I'll be looking for a Slash - maybe you and I can fight over the first ones that they get! What color is your first choice?
    (j/k)
    The one on the South Side was my original stop, but the parts selection there is way under par. Now that I'm working in Cedar Park the northside location is about 5 minutes away and they have a great selection. I have been calling both locations about once a week trying to pre-order with no success. So I went ahead and pre-ordered with Tower.

As far as what color, I would like the blue, but I put on my pre-order that any color/frequency would be great. PM me when you get yours and we'll meet up for a bash session!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dblom11
    if you think about it 200 dollars is cheap With the waterproof electronics that is a good deal
    +1 on that. It is a great deal. I can't wait to get back into electric and play with a brushless. My Revo may get jealous

RC Racer
    I live in Edge Creek Apts just south of the big medical center that itself is south of Parmer Lane at Mopac. I've got multiple freqs of Traxxas crystals, so when I get mine I'll PM ya for sure! I'll be dropping a never-used Novak EX 8.5 with a sintered rotor upgrade in mine. Still using my original Novak Supersport ESC! No LiPos yet, though... just my faithful 3900 & 4500 6cell NiMh packs.
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

Look how expensive the Slash is on this listing on eBay!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Slash-1-...QQcmdZViewItem
    But I'm glad this thing's going for only $200, that's a steal for something that's got waterproof electronics. So it's either I get the Slash or an ipod touch.
    Last edited by Maxxlover; 05-09-2008 at 07:00 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxlover
    I already have the financing set up and my first payment is due in November.
    $340!!! I feel sorry for the person that thinks they actually will cost that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My sig is way extra more better than yours!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxlover
    But I'm glad this thing's going for only $200, that's a steal for something that's got waterproof electronics. So it's either I get the Slash or an ipod touch.

HeHe! I just emailed the guy listing the Slash on e-bay with the tower link and price! It just bugs me when people try to gouge...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    HeHe! I just emailed the guy listing the Slash on e-bay with the tower link and price! It just bugs me when people try to gouge...

Just got a reply back...ROFLM@O!

"Dear skulliwulli,

good for you

- mantis2500 "

Just got a reply back...ROFLM@O!

"Dear skulliwulli,

good for you

- mantis2500 "
    Well, the fact that he'll be making no cash is gonna be his problem!

RC Qualifier
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXUVY4**&P=7

GAH! Tower raised the price of the Slash to $210!!! What the.... *Growls* I hope this is a mess up or a temporary thing...

RC Enthusiast
    Hmmm....My backorder still has $199 in the extended price. Doesnt' matter to me either way, just ship em.

RC Champion
    Im sure it will stay at 209 for a while...or until the $20 off coupon expires.

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCrow
    Hmmm....My backorder still has $199 in the extended price. Doesnt' matter to me either way, just ship em.
    Mines the same also. I wish they would ship them. I have all this stuff sitting here waiting with nothing to run it in.
    Get your vote on.

RC poster

Austin guys!!

Did you know that there is a great off road facility here in town that has two tracks? We have one of the best and biggest 1/8 scale tracks in Texas as well as a smaller 1/10 track that would be perfect for the Slash. We have already kicked around the idea of starting a Slash class but are of course waiting on the release before any plans or rules can be made. And as far as I know the local hobby shops will put you on a call list for when they do come in. Sure there is no guarantee that you will get one the first week, but then again you might get one before everyone sitting at home waiting on their online order. Anyway I just wanted to let y'all know that we have a very good facility just east of Parmer and 620 on the westbound access road for the toll road. N-Control RC Raceway is the name and truggy whoopin' Revo's is our game.

RC Racer
    Keep in mind that tower will match anyones price. I have 2 on backorder for 199, seems like they would have to give them to us for 199. I se that most other hobby shops have deleted the price. But not all hahahaha.

RC Champion
    Tower Hobbies is listing the Slash at just under 300.00 Anyone else see a problem with this?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXUVY4**&P=7

I just sent an e-mail to Traxxas asking if this was correct and letting them know if ot was that I would not be adding the Slash to my collection of Traxxas models. Since Traxxas listens to their customers others should do the same and let them know the price is too high.
    it says $209.99........ i dont think that is just under $300.00
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc!!!
    it says $209.99........ i dont think that is just under $300.00
    It was listed at $300.00 about a week ago, Skulli's post you quoted was from last month. Tower has adjusted the price like 3 different times since then. Check post dates before you quote on things that have variables, things change.

RC Champion
    I'm just going to be the patient, silent observer and just watch from afar the change in prices once the truck settles in
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by victor young
    Did you know that there is a great off road facility here in town that has two tracks? We have one of the best and biggest 1/8 scale tracks in Texas as well as a smaller 1/10 track that would be perfect for the Slash. We have already kicked around the idea of starting a Slash class but are of course waiting on the release before any plans or rules can be made...... Anyway I just wanted to let y'all know that we have a very good facility just east of Parmer and 620 on the westbound access road for the toll road. N-Control RC Raceway is the name and truggy whoopin' Revo's is our game.
    Yeah, I've been there when they just had the bigger track. I raced for a few months at the old Georgetown racetrack years ago. I may race in a Slash-specific class, but will am not likely to race in traditional classes, there's too much emphasis on competition & not enough on fun for me. I enjoy bashing more!

N-Control is a very nice facility, for sure. Even better with a second track for those of us not running 1/8th scale Nitro!
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Prower
    It was listed at $300.00 about a week ago, Skulli's post you quoted was from last month. Tower has adjusted the price like 3 different times since then. Check post dates before you quote on things that have variables, things change.
    Thanks for the backup M.Prower!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the backup M.Prower!
    Anytime Skulli, heh.

On a side note, I just bought myself a VXL Stampede to tide me over till the supply/demand stabilizes for the Slash. Tower is still listed at $209.99 and most other places seem to have matched Tower or removed the price entirely. So now I can sit back and watch from a distance. I'm in no hurry to grab a Slash, but I will get one once I have a chance at one besides pre-ordering. To anyone who did pre-order I hope you get the color/frequency you wanted. Unless you truly just don't care, then congrats on getting a Slash before me, hehe.

RC Qualifier
    I'll definitely be getting one of these too. $210 doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully the Hobby People employees won't snatch up the first one. I managed to get my hands on the first new E-Maxx and Stampede when they came out. After calling around for both releases, I managed to find a couple of managers to set them aside for each release. Not as bad as the Wii though! The only problem is that replacement parts don't arrive for another month after the trucks.
    As for the gyro, its cheapest to use the Micro-Heli versions like this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=GWSPG03

If you look at the servo in this pic, you'll see the gyro mounted with 2 sided tape to the side of it. It looks like a circuit board with wires coming out.

[IMG][/IMG]

You just plug in the servo and then plug the lead into the RX. You have to mount it vertically, and towards the center of the truck. The best $40 bucks I ever spent on that truck! Well, besides the Mamba System! It's soooo much easier to drive off road, no fishtales, straight jumps and much easier takeoffs. I've got no driving skills nor do I want to take time to learn. Too Busy Having Fun!

Slash + gryo + everything else I can steal of my old Stampede!

for me, the whole point of a stadium truck is having fun learning how to drive properly, with a 2wd truck.

if you can drive 2wd you can drive anything.

but people prefer to have things drive for them so it becomes too easy and no challenge to drive, instead of learning how to drive a 2wd..

RC ST's should always be a single speed 2wd.. anything else is not a true ST as far as im concerned.
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

RC Qualifier
    i have the same exact theory as nitro!! this is a very true statement!! also as far as the price is concerned,.......usually i dont care where the price starts out at, but i have all the time in the world to wait as these prices start coming down and more coupons come out and people start listing nib rc's at low prices and i like the one that make an error and list too low!! tHE MORE YOU WANT THE HIGHER YOU PAY!! IMO!!!!
    Houston,"We have a problem!!" "WHERES MY TOOLS?!?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12