Thread: A little video

A little video

Just a little video with a 4.5 novak Erevo.It was taken with a kodak camera by my son,so it won't be winning any awards,but its supposed to rain in a little bit and wanted to post something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSt-Gynxmk
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Racer
    Looks good asheck! Did your son get to drive it after you made him video?? Is that the black? I can't remember what color you have. Lastly, what batteries do you have in there?

BTW, anyone know about the timing on the wheelie bar????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Just a little video with a 4.5 novak Erevo.It was taken with a kodak camera by my son,so it won't be winning any awards,but its supposed to rain in a little bit and wanted to post something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSt-Gynxmk
    Sweet Very powerful ! New tires & wheels ?

RC Champion
    great speed..right now,it looks like you own the fastest E-Revo on the block!
    Been there, done that.

Did your son get to drive it after you made him video?? Is that the black? I can't remember what color you have. Lastly, what batteries do you have in there?
    No He doesn't He gets his choice of my other vehicles including the brushless emaxx,poor him Yes it's the black,Those are the ebay 2s 8000mah budget batteries,pretty dang impressive for 135 a pair shipped.I'm thinking I'm just gonna get spare wings for wheelie bar.They work really good and actually seem to be wearing good.
    New tires & wheels ?
    Yeah I like my dirt bonz and didn't want to destroy those pretty black chrome wheels.It was running warmer then I wanted so that helps alot with that also.My top end dropped a little over 1mph though.So it's only hitting 44 If church wasn't in session I would have recorded a speedrun.
    _
    _

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wonder, if you put a little metal 'cap' of sorts over the edges of the wing, that would help it last longer, and leave a trail of sparks too....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

Now that would be worth trying I believe you have to use a special metal to spark I'll have to look in to that.
    _
    _

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, trying to think now... titanium sparks well, and magnesium I think- steel of some description should work too (ferrous metals?)....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

It might be titanium that works best as that was the first that came to mind also.I saw a motorcycle building show 1 time when they made it spark,and they said 1 thing did it much better,any way it would be so cool to see a double trail of sparks at about 30mph
    _
    _

Quote Originally Posted by asheck

what size pinion gear are you using

and how hot was the motor afer

RC Qualifier
    Awesome video and thanks for posting it! MAde my day man! Cant wait to get mine out now!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great little vid there Asheck. Yes it is titanium that sparks. Works really well on a wet road since it's got a bit of slip and not all grip! If you could get a couple of titanium bolts or off cuts would be best.

Never done anything like this myself, but you could try getting a couple of small sheet like bits, and bolting them to the endplates of the wing in such a way that they stick out the back a little. That would be cool. Ebay might be a good place to get a couple of little bits.

EDIT: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo%3D2&fgtp= OK, so it's not cheap. Maybe get a medium sized bit, take some to a metal worker and get some custom skids at the same time
    Last edited by eemmaaxxxx; 06-15-2008 at 02:59 PM.

what size pinion gear are you using

and how hot was the motor afer
    I'm running 14/68.It was aliitle high with the talons but it's right on with the bonz.I had already ran about 20 minutes before the video and took temps as soon as I was done.ESC 135 motor 145 batt 88 or there abouts.about 80 outside. I,m thinking about 1 of those little sheets of titanium I'm just not sure if it would be thick enough.I will probably spend the 20 bucks to find out.
    _
    _

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLY9EGOfwOc New 47 mph speed run.Only thing different was fresh peaked batteries.I honestly could not believe it .
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Keep them coming man!