RC Champion

WOOT I AM going brushless, FINALLY.

Ok guys, here is whats going on w/ me. Im getting my paycheck in a matter of 1 or 2 days. 330 bucks, around there.. A guy came into my work and he is a professional RC pilot, and his wife races 1/10 scale R/C's. We got to talking [for a whole hour actually] about brushless and after that conversation w/ him it leaves me no other choice but to go BL. lol. He said his wife races w/ a 7700 sidewinder combo and a 2S lipo, i didnt even know that the 7700s could do lipos, but i guess they do b/c she uses them. But i think my plan is to get a 4600 sidewinder and 2S lipo, as that gives me flexible gearing options with the 4600, sort of like the velinion motor.. How fast are we talking here with this combo? What is capable? Should I drop some more money and get the 3S or is 2S good for now? Imma be racing at my work's track [i work at a hobby shop] and the track has lots of straights, not too many turns, but you need to be able to get out of those corners QUICK and carry the speed down the straight. And i think w/ BL ill be whipping some nitro tail.. Idk i wouldnt think 3S to be NECCASARY right now. I can upgrade later. Does that sound good to yall? The main thing im looking for is how fast you can go w/ that combination.. Thanks!
    Richard
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Champion
    also where is that place that yall buy the Bl combos? He gives like 20% off if you find a better price.. Link?
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Qualifier
    4600 is a good choice but if your racing you should go ahead and get a mamba max esc so you can program it to suit the track. 2s lipo should be plenty on any 1/10 scale track 3s would be way over kill.
    Losi eight E
    Mini revo/rusty
    t4/b4

that 7700 combo will allow for 2s not 3s I believe