Thread: Wing mount

RC Racer

Wing mount

I was wanting to get a wing and mount for my jato but i was wondering what one made the wing stick out furthest?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think there is only one wing mount for the Jato. That one is made by New Era Models.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    with thenew era one u can get longer screws and more washers to make it stick out farther.(if its not far enough out for you)

RC Racer
    Thanks deepsouth i wouldnt of thought of that

RC Qualifier
    the way it comes it has some play already..........cause it comes with two long washers that u cantake out to put the downforce farther over the tires...

RC Racer
    With the wing mount, be prepared to replace it soon if you bash hard. When you take a hard landing, the mount takes all of the force. After enough crashes, it will either snap in half at the mount, or pull the mount right out of the rear gearbox cover, causing even more damage. If you run on the street though, a nice 1/8th scale wing works really well as a wheely bar.

RC Racer
    i dont know which is the best but i have the new era one, and i like it a lot, although i did break the gearbox cover once after a huge crash
    -Jato2.5
    -Micro-T
    -Redcat Volcano STX (hah)

RC Enthusiast
    I guess I bash hard and like to jump if your like me and use the wing it would be a good idea to keep a spare trans case on hand their 5$ I put on 2 in 3weeks. My jato is my living room center piece I only use my wing as display I cut 2 pieces of wooden dowel rod attached with wood screws and painted black I can pull it off run er and put back on for display I hav`nt tried leaving it on yet when I run on the street. I have it so it sticks back 1/4in it looks good to bad they dont make a aluminum trans.

Last edited by Topfuel 3.3; 06-13-2008 at 07:11 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get the new era one. I have it and I love it.

No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Competitor
    New Era here with Traxxa revo wing.

TRAXXAS REVO 3.3 AND JATO 3.3