Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrevoracer
    what voltage battery is used for 2 brushless and 2 speed controls?
    Twin 3 cell batteries... 11.1V each.
    E-Slayer (Tekno/Neu) / E-Platinum Revo (Tekno/Neu)

RC Champion
    how is the aluminum bumper holding up? that is mo only "concern" with your build. short of that it looks great, I am looking forward to mesh on the cage pics!
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlsquared
    Twin 3 cell batteries... 11.1V each.

Oh boy, I have 2 7.4V 5000mah lipo on the way. Will they work with 2 TRAXXAS brushless motor/esc combos?

Where do you get the cooling fans for the ESC?

RC Racer
    Oh boy, I have 2 7.4V 5000mah lipo on the way. Will they work with 2 TRAXXAS brushless motor/esc combos?

Where do you get the cooling fans for the ESC?
    That should be fine for the time being... Just keep in mind it wont run anywhere near full capacity until you get 3 cells.

Got the fans at my local hobby shop...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DickyT
    how is the aluminum bumper holding up? that is mo only "concern" with your build. short of that it looks great, I am looking forward to mesh on the cage pics!
    No problems so far. It's solid as can be. I've landed on it from a few feet in the air a few times with no damage so I'd say it's quite sturdy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Arrgh! What a Beautiful truck!! The "Arrgh" is because I'm desperate to get one but one I don't have space and two the money (unless I sell some trucks). I like the rollcage on there.

I want a Revo

RC Racer
    That should be fine for the time being... Just keep in mind it wont run anywhere near full capacity until you get 3 cells.

Got the fans at my local hobby shop...
    so what is the biggest and best LIPO battery, that will fit in the trays, for 2 traxxas brushless/esc combo. And where can you buy these batteries?

RC Qualifier
    so what is the biggest and best LIPO battery, that will fit in the trays, for 2 traxxas brushless/esc combo. And where can you buy these batteries?
    3S 11.1V 25C 5000mah

You can get 'em at MAXAMPS, TRUE RC, SPC.
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Racer
    how fast is it running with the 3s'?

I am about to place a order for one now and convert right to brushless. After having Jato 3.3, E-Maxx, T-Maxx and Rustler Vxl I can say electric LiPo is the only way to run.

I love the Jato and Rustler for their speed. I hope to get similar speeds 60+ out of the E-Revo once converted to VXL.

RC Qualifier
    I don't have the 5000mah yet, but I will soon enough. The MAXAMPS batts .will fit. Not sure about the others, so be sure before you order.

So you are doing a V-twin set up?...

RC Racer
    i have 1 bad speed control

RC Racer
    ok, I have the E-Revo in hand and 2 new VXL combo packs. They are installed for the most part.

I suspect that the front motor has to be reversed. Does just swapping the white and yellow on the EVX take care of this?

I am about to order heat sinks and fans and the MDA 10. What why adaptors did you use for the servos?

RC Racer
    Yes switching any two of the wires works perfect. just did the exact same thing with my erevo
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by muttman06
    ok, I have the E-Revo in hand and 2 new VXL combo packs. They are installed for the most part.

I suspect that the front motor has to be reversed. Does just swapping the white and yellow on the EVX take care of this?

I am about to order heat sinks and fans and the MDA 10. What why adaptors did you use for the servos?
    You use the traxxas Y cable for the steering servos and you can use another one for the Speed Controls or you can opt to do what i did and use a servo synchronizer.

are you running a battery harness from your escs to the batteries with the MSA 10?
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    VXLSQUARED, how is your V-twin E-Revo running? Any problems so far?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a V-Twin E-Maxx and it has tranny problems now. Was running fine for a while, then without warning the tranny gears started slipping like crazy on about 1/2 throttle.

I'm gonna do another V-Twin on my E-Revo, so I was just wondering if you had any of the same problems with it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket
    are you running a battery harness from your escs to the batteries with the MSA 10?
    Yes I now run the "UNSLOW" harness for the batteries/ESC's... I also run the MSA-10.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanders001
    VXLSQUARED, how is your V-twin E-Revo running? Any problems so far?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a V-Twin E-Maxx and it has tranny problems now. Was running fine for a while, then without warning the tranny gears started slipping like crazy on about 1/2 throttle.

I'm gonna do another V-Twin on my E-Revo, so I was just wondering if you had any of the same problems with it.
    No problems so far... I bash and bash and race and it just keeps running.

Yes I now run the "UNSLOW" harness for the batteries/ESC's... I also run the MSA-10.

thanks...i'm gonna pick up one tomorrow...i've been running the "UNSLOW" harness in my e-maxx for the last 4 months, but i think my twin V-motors went a little prematurely because they weren't perfectly in sync....they were more prone to heat problems than the one at my lhs....i think this is the answer. my lhs has been urging me to get one, but i'm hardheaded. theirs is still running like new.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Racer
    vxlsquared - thanks for the info. I am going to order the MSA10 and make up a y connector for the servos!

RC Racer
    What is an "unslow" harness?? and what is an msa-10??
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

unslow harness:
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=unslow

msa-10 is a servo synchranizer used to help perfectly sync the steering servo's or twin vxl systems.

RC Racer
    ok now that I've seen what it looks like. Can someone tell me the purpose of the unslow harness and is it safe to use with lipos?? You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this. I've been into r/c since the 80's but I've never seen one of those
    Last edited by SNEFF; 06-22-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

vxlsquared is using 2 vxl brushless systems in his E-revo. The key to twin systems is synchranizing. Everything should be in sync, otherwise things burnout faster. The unslow harness allows for proper discharge of the batteries. Proper as in both batteries discharge at the same rate, not allowing one vxl's low voltage cutoff to turn on before the other.

RC Racer
    thanx for the info nitro starter! That makes sense. I'm also running dual VXL's and I really dont want to fry an expensive lipo . I guess I'll be doing some soldering.
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Racer
    vxlsquared - ok got the MSA 10 but the instructions, while written in english, really isn't working for me.

what has to be done to set it up?

RC Racer
    vxlsquared - ok got the MSA 10 but the instructions, while written in english, really isn't working for me.

what has to be done to set it up?
    Just plug one esc in at a time and program them one at a time then you can plug both of them in and they should be in sinc.

RC Qualifier
    Hey VXLSQUARED, your vid was one of the first vids I saw on youtube. Wish you had a GPS to clock the actual speed.

Anyways, I messed up one of my Titan 550 motors, and want to do the same setup as yours. What I want to know is, how many times have you run your revo with this setup, what problems have you experienced if any?

I'm extremely new to all of this. I came from flying RC Helis to driving trucks... BIG difference. So where do I get directions on how to do this setup? I know this setup is not recommended by Traxxas, but if done right... well you already know. If this setup can bump my revo from 27 to 45, my ears are wide open.

kudos, and it's still a nice ride

RC Racer
    Dock - I can't answer all of your questions but I am building the same setup as well. In fact I am charging batteries right now! Woohooie...

the setup is really easy from what I have seen thus far. Pickup a couple VXL combo packs and install the motores (direct fit). You have to swap the blue and yellow wires on the front motor so it will run in reverse. MDA10 is exspensive but.. well worth the month IMO.

Pickup some fans (hard to find right now unless you hit ebay which means you will pay about $6 more for them. Might want to pickup some heat sink as well. Both of these are not necessary but worth the $$$ to help keep heat down.

I am going to stick my Garmin GPS watch on it and check out the speed. Its a toy so I am sure that things will change before long.

The roll cage is a great upgrade as well. I haven't flipped the cash for it.

check around on the forum I believe there is a topic on springs and which are providing the best ride.

Good luck!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info muttman. Im trying to get 2 velineon systems. They got em for $127 ea, at my local hobby shop, but only one in stock right now. bummer.

I already got the Y harness. Also trying to get the MDA-10. That sensor sync that he has. Took me an hour to tweak my e-revo's servos. Was just recently that I read through these forums that someone said that buzzing sound is NOT normal O_o.

I got pics and an onboard camera vid off my e-revo. Good luck on yours to, If you just got your e-revo, you probably need new tires like me. I've bin drifting with this thing on the streets.

RC Racer
    Hey Doc... Ya I need to clock it soon. I'm guessing it goes about 55+ on stock gearing since I know my RC8 nitro buggy does 48 and the Revo is faster in a straight line.

If you have any questions when you get all the parts feel free to post here or PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

RC Racer
    VXL - can you post up the temps you are seeing?

RC Qualifier
    Dock - I can't answer all of your questions but I am You have to swap the blue and yellow wires on the front motor so it will run in reverse. MDA10 is exspensive but.. well worth the month IMO. Good luck!
    Muttman says blue and yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by JAKETHESNAKE28
    The yellow and the white wire are switched on one of the ESCs so yes, it is in reverse.
    Jake says yellow and white...

Hmmmmm...

RC Racer
    Yellow and white - Mine was a typo

RC Racer
    Here is a picture of the wire combo -

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanders001
    Muttman says blue and yellow...

Jake says yellow and white...

Hmmmmm...

You can swap any of them and it will reverse the motor...

RC Racer
    VXL - can you post up the temps you are seeing?
    Posted them in your thread bud...

RC Racer
    where did you get the Motor fins?

RC Racer
    Wow thats a nice E-revo, congrats man! does the standard E-Revo body fit over that awsome roll cage?
    erm my truck dont work

RC Racer
    vxl - i just notice that you stated you are running hte unslow as well as the MSA10 -

I can only assume that you are doing this so both batteries discharge at the same rate. My question is won't the LVC on the ESC cut shut the truck down if on battery drains faster?

If not guess I am going to build a unslow cable tonight. I have to assume you can build one that is short. there is already to many cables running around with the 2 motors and esc IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast