RC Champion

2 new racing videos!!

qualifier so many slashes at once most i seen in one spot!http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9Z1h3Vyhcg
    A main http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Qws8OTzitI
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Qualifier
    Turn marshalls as targets, priceless!!! Great Vid!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

Awsome videos.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    Way awesome! MAN that looks fun!!!

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Qualifier
    Some of the marshals should have picked a spot closer to where the most accidents were occurring, but other than that. Holy cow that was a lot of Slash's . Lots of rubbing and bumping, like a good race should be: entertaining .
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    See... this is where I am confused. There have been multiple people on this forum complaining about how "slow" the Slash is out of the box.

Well that first video is "spec class," which as far as my understanding, means that all those trucks are unmodified out of the box. Those things are moving! So either the guys complaining on this board have lousy batteries or they are just plain doing something wrong.

This truck is more than adequate for what it was designed for.
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by watts300
    See... this is where I am confused. There have been multiple people on this forum complaining about how "slow" the Slash is out of the box.

Well that first video is "spec class," which as far as my understanding, means that all those trucks are unmodified out of the box. Those things are moving! So either the guys complaining on this board have lousy batteries or they are just plain doing something wrong.

This truck is more than adequate for what it was designed for.
    Probably in training mode
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Champion
    The problem is they don't feel that fast if you're in an open field or parking lot. I've run spec class races at two local tracks so far - out of the box stock with 6 cell nimh or 2s lipo, and they are perfect on the track.

If you're expecting brushless/lipo speed in an open lot, the Slash is going to seem slow. I think it's perfect.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Competitor
    Agreed, those things are moving pretty good through the straights. I'm heading out to a track out by my for the first time in Joliet, IL. They have a large outdoor track and an indoor track. It might feel slow on the large track but it looks like it will be at home on the indoor track

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those are right up there with some of the best RC vids on youtube. First video was a great race. Got no idea who won, but some really close racing. Something I did notice was that if you go in too hot the truck will grip roll quite easy. Looked like there was plenty of power on tap coming out of the turns.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by watts300

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx225
    Probably in training mode

Exactly...if it's not performing like this then it's got problems....and with 90% of RC electronics, it either works or it doesn't...or it's in training mode...

RC Competitor
    awsome video...what struck me as funny was all the people behind the camera laughing...it's just a fun class...I get mine Saturday..can't wait!!
    Stock Slash 4x2
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Shake-N-Bake!

RC Qualifier
    For those interested, here is the rules link I found when following the links on the first video:

http://www.iowarctracks.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3034

Rules:

#1 Battery will be a 6 or 7 cell Nimh pack or a 2 cell Lipo battery no more than 20C. Capacity does not matter.
    #2 You will be able to use a Novak 2 cell cut off on your Stock speed control.
    #3 The truck will be ran with the stock speed control and servo and motor. NO exceptions. You can change your receiver to use your own radio and that is all.
    #4 The only MODS that are allowed are you can change the shock oil and pistons and springs. Oil doesnt matter what manufacturer, I recommend Fusion oils!!, Only stock Traxxas springs shocks and pistons are allowed. No upgrades.
    #5 Only stock tires and wheels will be allowed.
    #6 Stock gearing out of box only.
    #7 Have FUN!! This is a class to have fun in not win a national. If you can't abbide by the rules and have fun you will have to speak with the Hammer Cain and he will set you straight!

Some of the rc events have really pushed the majority of people out of the reach of competing because of the way the rules are. It is nice to see a class that really leaves the playing field level instead of having people throw all the money they can into a truck just to win. I would rather see stock RCs going at it than high dollar nitro and brushless rigs. Makes it more about the driver than the truck. And everyone has more fun!!!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Is it just me, or will the Slash be the truck that stays stock longer than any other Traxxas truck??

I mean my EMaxx for instance, I hopped it up before I even ran it. Infact, As soon as it came out of the box I was stripping it down. If there are many places running stock Slash class's, I think more people will leave them stock.

If I do get one I may need a holiday to the USA just to race in a Slash stock race!

RC Enthusiast
    I was in the Slash race at Hobby Haven, we had 8 slashes. It was a blast plus i managed to pull off the TQ and Win. Mine was the Blue slash w/o numbers. Thanks Chilly for the picture of my Slash when it was new, and the great video.
    Last edited by AEklund; 06-22-2008 at 10:44 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. The Slash class is definately the best one to shoot for YouTube. Here is another video I got last Wed night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R910duxlDiY

Enjoy!
    -----
    Chilly
    http://www.iowarctracks.com

RC Competitor
    Pulled mine out of the box and stripped it down and if i want to race it i have to use 6 cell batts that is ok by me but just for fun i like my 5000 Nimh batts

Well with all the upgrades I did this Slash is really fast! I leave my friend in the dust he runs his 2.5 T-Maxx. The RPM arms are about 3/8" longer so it does give a little wider stance and with 70 wt oil in the shocks I did not have to cut the body at all. Running Venom 5000 Nimh it will wheelie from a rolling start and it will flip on its back from a stand still. It isn’t the best on pavement unless your doing flat out runs trying to turn with the traxxas controller is tricky lots of barrel rolls the controller needs steering ratio I have a spektrum 2.4 and have the ratio turned down to about 35% doable for asphalt but no U turns. The tires in just 4 days have bald spot all around the back tires. I did switch them around and now 5 days late they all have bald strips in the center of the tires. I do have new shoes they are anacondas they are a little wider than the stock but have a better harder rubber compound. Food for thought check your gear cover it seems that the stock cover may have a piece cut out from it for the drive shaft and allot of crap can get up into the gears RPM has a great cover and it is contoured in that spot NO HOLE!! I have taken it out on smooth dirt and WOW this is allot of fun to drive handles great and really looks cool with the back tires spitting out allot of dirt. I have not done any jumping with it other than the small 3 or 4 inch bumps. Going dirt where a Tractor with Tracks is great kind of like a wash board the truck skims across those smoothly. All in all I have no complaint dropping an extra $250 into the $200 truck I think it made it even better. I like driving my Slash more than driving my E-Maxx 3905 and I have a Novak 6.5 in it.
    Well that is my review of the Slash A** kicking good time
    Speed is not expensive but it can be costly

RC poster
    Shot a new video last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JZJuW9wOt0

Hope you guys like it.
    -----
    Chilly

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly
    Shot a new video last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JZJuW9wOt0

Hope you guys like it.
    You should post that on the Slash Video thread. trying to get it stickied(hint hint to a mod)

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=427880
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Champion
    "They call it paradise I don't know why...
    .....you will have to speak with the Hammer Cain and he will set you straight! Oh dear that's worriying! Sounds like a good spec setup but I don't understand why you can't change gearing.
    Last edited by Porsche917; 07-10-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Porsche wins 24 hours of Daytona for the 21st time

RC Qualifier
    For those rules why are you guys limiting the C Rating of the batteries?

RC poster
    Thanks I went ahead and posted there.
    -----
    Chilly