RC Turnbuckle Jr.

and another one and another one and another one bites the dust..........

Yes the MMM let the magic smoke out tonight.. I was warming up before the qualifier and she was acting strange brought her in to the pit and smelled a bit and puff... Guess my luck ran out.. I feel a call coming on to castle in the AM. Man it blew, I was really excited I was racing w/ the truggies tonight ;(

Did any of that first batch make it.. or was mine the last one alive?

What 6s controller can take competitive racing?
    eRevo Neu 1515 1.5d MMM Maxamps 4-2s2p8k 2-3s2p8k

RC Racer
    Man that stinks. You were doing so well with that set up and seemed to have dodged the bullet. Too bad.......sorry man! Love all those vids but she will be back!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblin
    Yes the MMM let the magic smoke out tonight.. I was warming up before the qualifier and she was acting strange brought her in to the pit and smelled a bit and puff... Guess my luck ran out.. I feel a call coming on to castle in the AM. Man it blew, I was really excited I was racing w/ the truggies tonight ;(

What 6s controller can take competitive racing?
    Yes sorry to hear bud. You still got the MM you can throw in it for the time being? I really really hope Castle gets it fixed right this next time around. Regardless, I am going to be gun shy when I do get mine and run it from all the issues that have been had with these....

RC Champion
    Mine is from the first batch and still going strong. I have another one from the first batch that I haven't tried yet. It's just hanging out. I sent another one to SuicideNeil, so hopefully that one is working well also.

I'm sorry for your loss.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulangflow
    Mine is from the first batch and still going strong. I have another one from the first batch that I haven't tried yet. It's just hanging out. I sent another one to SuicideNeil, so hopefully that one is working well also.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sellling? I'm in the market
    eRevo Neu 1515 1.5d MMM Maxamps 4-2s2p8k 2-3s2p8k

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Originally Posted by stumblin
    Mine is still going strong. I'm hoping it will not die or else it would be a very agonizing wait since I'm in the military stationed overseas.
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Champion
    Sellling? I'm in the market
    YGPM homeslice

RC Champion
    sorry to hear that...my MMM has been at Castle for 4weeks already...and , like a *****, i ordered another one 2 days ago...got a confirmation back that it will be 4-6 weeks on the NEW one

does this mean we wait 4-6 weeks more for repaired ones too!
    Been there, done that.

RC Champion
    I think I was the first person to kill one and still do not have my replacement, I feel for ya. At least you got good use out of yours! I got 1 bash session and 3 minutes of a 2nd.
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Champion
    DickyT..still dont have yours too? OMG! you were the 1st to fry...how long's that been?
    Been there, done that.

RC Champion
    6 weeks. I am going through major Revo withdrawl.

I have a brushless buggy and a mabafied mini to keep me occupied, but neither are the Revo....
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Qualifier
    This is why I ordered a MM at the same time I ordered my MMM for me 4s erevo.

I'm either smart or stoopid.

RC Qualifier
    mine was pulling strong got 5-6 30 minute runs thru it of high speed runs. i saw 53 mph on 20/38 with a feigao 8xl in my revo with 2 4s 4000 in parallel for a 4s 8000 config. it had alot more to go but i was out of room. then playing around in the driveway i lost steering and brakes at 25 and it plowed into my garage. the infamous lower power board struck.
    rcm mount,tekno rxbox,batt tray,mmm,8xl, 4s baby

Ugh...not another one!

I got mine from Kershaw about 2 weeks after the original release, so I'm assuming mines from the first batch. I've got probably 2 hours it so far, and I get nervous everytime I turn it on, thinking "Is this gonna be the last time it works??"
    Last edited by GYG; 06-20-2008 at 08:59 AM.

RC Champion
    I've yet to run my MMM. My Revo is at home waiting for the install. I bought this MMM because I heard the EVX2 has a habit of destroying batteries and itself... so much for that.
    MMM/2200 powered E-Revo - sufficiently excessive

RC Qualifier
    Knock on wood. Mine still works, dropping it into the E-revo tonight.

RC Qualifier
    Mine is still going too...I think. After my last bash my truck suddenly lost power and I detected that burnt component smell . I haven't had time to test it for sure yet though. I have a spare untested unit handy however.
    3905 w/neu 1515 1y/s, mamba monster

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeatle
    I heard the EVX2 has a habit of destroying batteries and itself... so much for that.
    Huh? What were the circumstances of the batts or ESCs being destroyed? I was going to run stock motors and ESC on lipos until the motors gave out, but I don't want to risk expensive Lipos on a wobbly ESC.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbysdl
    Huh? What were the circumstances of the batts or ESCs being destroyed? I was going to run stock motors and ESC on lipos until the motors gave out, but I don't want to risk expensive Lipos on a wobbly ESC.
    The ESC can go up in smoke, mine did and took out one of my 6-Cell SPC bars and cell, and took out the solder from the connector on the other pack..

I just received my replacement from Traxxas, but I'm going to be selling it since I have the Novak system..
    Last edited by Edi; 06-26-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    E-Revo - Novak 6.5

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=Edi]The ESC can go up in smoke, mine did and took out one of my 6-Cell SPC bars and cell, and took out the solder from the connector on the other pack..
    [QUOTE]

Is this a common thing?

RC Champion
    i have heard of it several time. i wouldnt risk 150 lipos with it. lipo goes boom and then you need even more parts.
    fastest pede:84. im gonna apply school to reach 90

RC Enthusiast
    [QUOTE=e-mikey][QUOTE=Edi]The ESC can go up in smoke, mine did and took out one of my 6-Cell SPC bars and cell, and took out the solder from the connector on the other pack..

Is this a common thing?
    Well, I heard it mostly affects people who run high voltage batteries with it. Mostly 7-Cells and higher. I was surprised my 6-Cell packs did it, but the SPC packs are that good..

One "fix" for it would be, instead of turning off with the button, unplug the batteries instead.
    E-Revo - Novak 6.5

RC Champion
    I don't know how many stories I have heard of guys burning up these and other Mamba speed controllers. Long before the new E-Maxx was even released. For a guy, like me, looking from the outside, in, it doesn't look very promising. There are much better ESC to be had. I'd rather run a Schulze or a Quark. I realize these Mambas are cheap, but the quality isn't there. You get what you pay for.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby VNT
    I don't know how many stories I have heard of guys burning up these and other Mamba speed controllers. Long before the new E-Maxx was even released. For a guy, like me, looking from the outside, in, it doesn't look very promising. There are much better ESC to be had. I'd rather run a Schulze or a Quark. I realize these Mambas are cheap, but the quality isn't there. You get what you pay for.
    Actually the quality is there. The Mamba Max is a great ESC except the one I got used on ebay. LOL I hear of many running 4s and even 5s on the MM. Castle is doing the right thing by not shipping anymore until they get the issues resolved and it sounds like it is right around the corner. The MMM is going to be the ESC for all manufacturers to strive to compete with. Trust me on this.

RC Qualifier
    I don't believe DickyT was terribly impressed with the Quark he had recently. And what is the cost of a Schulze car controller that does 6s run? But since as you say your on the outside looking in I think you should run a Schulze and let us know how it works out. I do not think that if it breaks that you will get the level of customer service as you would from castle.

I'm not saying one is better then the other but having to send your stuff to another country for repair is a pain and time consuming which makes it much less desirable to me.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]