RC Racer

Another Erevo Vtwin!!

I just finished my Erevo tonight. Twin vxl's and 2 venom 4000 3s packs which fit perfectly in the compartments. This truck is an absolute monster with this setup. The 2 vxl escs are working perfectly together and the truck is amazingly fast and controlable. I havent been able to get it past 1/2 throttle and all 4 tires are breaking loose!! Best part is I'm running stock gearing and everything is staying nice and cool. I'll post some pics soon
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Qualifier
    whats the runtime and is it faster than stock motor?

RC Champion
    pics???? videos...I would like to see some vids of these vtwins .....

RC Champion
    you will be pretty safe on temps with 68/19
    Been there, done that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by microAMD
    whats the runtime and is it faster than stock motor?
    The stock setup is no comparison to the Vtwins. The power is amazing!! Like I said I havent even been able to get to full throttle yet on my street. As I roll into the throttle the rear end squats sideways and breaks all 4 tires loose. It really had me laughing as I driving it.
    As for the run time I dont know yet. I ran it last night for about 10 minutes but showed no signs of slowing.

Last edited by SNEFF; 06-22-2008 at 08:09 AM.
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Champion
    was the whole building process difficult? what all components did you need to build it? and did you run into to any problems/issues? I'm asking just because I'm thinking i might do the same when i get an E-revo

thanx
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Qualifier
    NICE!!!!! Now I want one
    Support our Troops

RC Racer
    The only little thing I ran into was how to position the ESC's. I ended having to fab up a little lexan mount for the rear esc. They didnt fit very good sitting the other way like I wanted them. Other than that it only took about an hour to complete the conversion.
    I decided on this setup because a good friend of mine is running Vtwins in his Emaxx with two 7 cell packs and his truck just works really well and has been super reliable. The only difference is I opted for two 3s lipos for a bit more punch.

I'll try to get a vid up soon
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Racer
    That looks great......nice job!

RC Racer
    Jst I see your from Buffalo?? I work up at Fields Hobby. Do you come in to the store??
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Racer
    Yes, I am in there all the time after finding you guys about 2 months ago! I work right aroung the corner on Walden so I have purchased a bunch of things there recently until a back injury put me down for about a month. I planned on stopping in this week to see if I can pick up an e-revo and I need to get my son a Stampede XL5 for his first RC for his birthday next month. Shoot me a pm and I'll look you up! I want to see the Twin V. I picked up a HV pro to put in my revo conversion I was planning, but everything went on hold when the factory e-revo came out. Still don't know if I should do both or not!

RC Competitor
    Cool Beans!!!
    What are you looking at..... Punk......

RC Champion
    what batts u running in that???
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Champion
    so what all did you need to do the build besides a Y-harness (and ofcourse 2 velineon systems lol)?
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahn
    what batts u running in that???
    I'm running two venom 4000mah 3s packs
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OM514
    so what all did you need to do the build besides a Y-harness (and ofcourse 2 velineon systems lol)?
    I'd like to rattle off a boat load of stuff that I used but actually your about right on the money. I used the traxxas y harness, 2 VXL systems, and stock gearing. I put the sway bars on but I'm not sure if they're totally necesary. Other than that the truck is completely stock!!! Oops I forgot Orange and tan springs and the red anodized tubes and pushrods. But again these hopups are not really necesary they just look great
    Last edited by SNEFF; 06-22-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great looking Rig!!

RC Racer
    looks great - I can't wait to get my batteries in. my revo is almost done - just need the batteries and y adapter

RC Champion
    Man this thing rocks!! I love the look and the red peaks through the wheels just right....

SO the VTwin in the E-Revo is simpler or easier to handle than with the Emaxx??