Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kraegar
    I don't think it would make a difference, as long as you went red to red, black to black, one on each battery lead.

Are you sure you didn't flip the cable from the ESC to the novak, or from the novak to the receiver? Not sure if that would do something bad, or what it would do...
    By the way, Traxxas sent a new ESC. i connected everything as per the photo provided above and everything seemed to work fine. The only problem I ran into was that the ESC refused to go full throttle on both forward and reverse....

so I am out of an ESC again while Traxxas investigates.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by djbis
    By the way, Traxxas sent a new ESC. i connected everything as per the photo provided above and everything seemed to work fine. The only problem I ran into was that the ESC refused to go full throttle on both forward and reverse....

so I am out of an ESC again while Traxxas investigates.
    You prolly need to reprogram the esc see booklet of traxxas.

This is the LVC what I got. (Not too much choice here.)

How too connect the above???

- Red of one battery to the plus of the LVC
    - Black of the other battery to the minus of the LVC

Then use this type of cable for the cell adaptor
    (image of Y cabling for 2 x battery cell monitor to a 7 pin connector which fits the LVC

According to other drawings I found I need to make sure that the RED tapped battery its cell connection goes to pin 1??

Help much appreciated!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pl0p
    Sorry to bump this, but im strugling with an LVC too

According to other drawings I found I need to make sure that the RED tapped battery its cell connection goes to pin 1??

Help much appreciated!!!
    I have not seen such an adaptor, before, has anybody here?
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Enthusiast
    I have not seen such an adaptor, before, has anybody here?

It is a Y cable type adaptor on the small ends it takes 2 cell monitoring cables from LiPo's. The other ends fits into the LVC with 7 pins. My biggest concern (since I don't know how the cell monitoring or electrics work in general) is that there is a connection between the last pin of the first battery to the first pin of the second battery... Why? Would the adaptor and LVC work for 2 batteries in such way?

Hows your ESC doing? Did you reprogram it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I made a couple of them, but not for using with an LVC. I use them to balance/charge my two 2cell lipos as one 4 cell...and I use a different one to charge two 3s lipos as a 6s.

If you go HERE and scroll to the bottom, there is a better pic....or I sould say a pic of one that was done cleaner than mine
    be nice.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks man!!! I can use it two times then: loading batteries and unloading the car

GREAT INFO on the page where the picture is!!! Hmmm, the 7 pin connector confuses me though...

Still looking for some confirmation on the connection of the power leads between the LVC and the batteries. According to a diagram the batteries in the car should be in series... From what I have read the ESC puts them in series? But the other guy fried his esc.... hmmm /me is trying to figure it out.

Oh one more. In your picture, what is the sequence of making the connections not to have any risks?
    Last edited by Pl0p; 09-24-2008 at 02:28 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In your picture, what is the sequence of making the connections not to have any risks?
    I used the picture that comes up when you choose "3s + 3s: Typical Lipo with Hyperion connector" as a guide. under the drop down menu for "Balance Connector".

Maybe I donno what you mean by risks.

Just make sure the packs you use are the same age and they are the same voltage before you plug them in together.
    be nice.

RC Champion

Novak Smart-Stop LVC

She's finally running fine after a few weeks delay.

Here's the LVC looks, etc.

(All pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bisfotos...kSmartStopLVC# )

youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Racer
    She's finally running fine after a few weeks delay.

Here's the LVC looks, etc.

(All pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bisfotos...kSmartStopLVC# )

djbis I sent you a PM, thanks!
    Just plug it in and it works -Traxxas

RC Enthusiast
    You prolly need to reprogram the esc see booklet of traxxas.

(image of Y cabling for 2 x battery cell monitor to a 7 pin connector which fits the LVC

Help much appreciated!!

Hi PIOp and others

I have the same robbe LVC and a EVX2 in the E-maxx of my nephews. I am preparing today the E-maxx for dual 8000mah 7,4 V lipo packs wich will connect to the standard EVX2 connectors (for new readers: this puts them in serie to reach the neccessary voltage of approx 16,8 volt) .

After charging and balancing both the 7,4V Lipo's with a hyperion EOS0720INET charger I measured 8,5 volts on the connectors.
    When I connected the packs to the EVX2 it first did not respond correct. It first seemed to me that the EVX2 is sensitive for more than 16,8 volts.

Another moment I connected everything worked fine again. I just connected them again and the same issue arised. I could only give forward throttle no backward, there was glitching and the steering servo's hummed (It sort of looks like there is a signal interfering with the transmitter....). I also can not do the setup programming as described in the manual.

I cannot believe this is due to the lipo's... which delivered 8,5 volt max each = 17 volt total.....
    Anyone more experience with this?? please advice!

With lipo's you need a lipo saver. I live in Holland so I also bought the Robbe MC-balancer.

I am looking for the exact wiring diagram for connecting the Robbe to both of the Lipo's. Reading for quite a few hours now on all the forums. Luckely I found this thread!

It seems that a few pictures from this site are removed and opinions are sometimes different. Leaves me still puzzled.

PIOp, is your setup running? Did you use the balance cable in the picture above??

The seller of the Robbe LVC (who is very helpful) told me it I very important to connect the minus from the pack wich will reach first the lowest voltage (pack ! so to say) to the first pin (with the arrow/triangle) of the LVC. But over the telephone it is very difficult to understand and explain.

This makes that it is important to know the internal wiring diagram of the EVX2. It seems to be the connector with the black wire on the left (when you look at the EVX2 so that the the led and the button and receiver connection wire are at the top and the wires at the bottum ) . When I connect a single pack to this connector and switch on the EVX2 the green light comes on for only a moment (and then goes off again....)

Do you all call this the BEC side of the EVX2???

I hope PIOp or somebody else can explain me or even better maybe can place a wiring diagram with the Robbe to let me know how I can put things toghether and make my nephews happy!

I'm sure this will be interesting for other EVX2 and robbe LVC owners in europe!

thanks

Rob
    Last edited by robr; 03-29-2009 at 02:59 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    After charging and balancing both the 7,4V Lipo's with a hyperion EOS0720INET charger I measured 8,5 volts on the connectors.
    When I connected the packs to the EVX2 it first did not respond correct. It first seemed to me that the EVX2 is sensitive for more than 16,8 volts.

Another moment I connected everything worked fine again. I just connected them again and the same issue arised. I could only give forward throttle no backward, there was glitching and the steering servo's hummed (It sort of looks like there is a signal interfering with the transmitter....). I also can not do the setup programming as described in the manual.

I cannot believe this is due to the lipo's... which delivered 8,5 volt max each = 17 volt total.....
    Anyone more experience with this?? please advice!
    I Just tested the setup with another EVX2 (my old one) same issue... But then I had a bright idea. because I just could not believe that this was caused by the lipo's I decided to try the spectrum transmitter and receiver which I use for my brushless E-maxx. Now no glitching appeared and throttle forward and reverse went O.K.

So it seems to be a receiver interference thing issue after all..... Luckely both EVX2's are allright! I was worried that I've blown both up...

I don't know how to place pictures quick else I could let you enjoy my puzzle with receivers etc.

Rob
    Last edited by robr; 03-29-2009 at 03:55 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robr
    Do you all call this the BEC side of the EVX2???
    Rob
    Yes, it sounds like you have the correct side to hook up an lvc. A battery hooked up to the non-bec side will not power on the evx2.
    E-Revo MMM 2200 "The Missile"
    VXL FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    I have a question can i use something like this Maxpro Battery Monitor 4S for 2 2s ***** 5000mah on stock esc [Click me to see maxpro battery 4s] Would i need 2s or 4s monitor and would i need 2 or just 1 and how would you hook this up?
    Last edited by vito357si; 03-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.

RC Racer
    any1 .

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vito357si
    I have a question can i use something like this Maxpro Battery Monitor 4S for 2 2s ***** 5000mah on stock esc [Click me to see maxpro battery 4s] Would i need 2s or 4s monitor and would i need 2 or just 1 and how would you hook this up?
    You should be able to make a series Y harness. This doubles the voltage when you add two packs together. Giving you a grand total of 16.8V. So when the total voltage gets down to 12V this alarm will sound. Search for Series Y harness. I'm kind of in a rush or I'd try to help more.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kraegar
    Here's my connector - Lipos should be here tomorrow.

I'm really glad I chose this route, my soldering skills were very rusty, my ESC thanks me.

That might be a very stupid question, but since I'm a noob I'm going to ask it anyway
    Where did you get the thick black and red wire (between female/male connectors) from? Do I have to order this small pieces or do you think any hobby dealer has a bit of such cable lying around and can just cut them in the appropriate size for me?

And here's the list of what I'm going to buy, is this all I need?
    1.) http://www.maxamps.com/Traxxas-Male.htm
    2.) http://www.maxamps.com/Traxxas-Female.htm
    3.) http://www.maxamps.com/Novak-2S-SS.htm

RC Qualifier
    Any 12 gauge wire will work, but some thin-strand silicone wire will conduct better, be more flexible, and be easier to solder with..
    E-Revo MMM 2200 "The Missile"
    VXL FLM Rustler

RC Champion
    Sorry to dig back up this old thread, but i am still very confused when it comes to the LVC. I am wondering..

With this LVC harness. Is that a 2s or 4s lvc. Do i need to install one of those on each battery? how does the esc connect if there is 2 that are needed.

http://home.comcast.net/~kraegar_indreju/lvc.jpg
    ©2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Racer
    I have one of those that I can sell you if your interested. I just upgrade to MMM so I have no need for it any more. Let me know.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosport_5
    Sorry to dig back up this old thread, but i am still very confused when it comes to the LVC. I am wondering..

With this LVC harness. Is that a 2s or 4s lvc. Do i need to install one of those on each battery? how does the esc connect if there is 2 that are needed.

http://home.comcast.net/~kraegar_indreju/lvc.jpg
    If you are going to run 2 2s Lipos, then you'll need a LVC for 2s. What you would do is this. Plug ONE battery into the male battery terminal on the ESC. Try to turn on the ESC with only one battery connected. If the ESC turns on this is the terminal you will connect the LVC to, and then the battery to the LVC. This is known as the BEC side. In dummy terms the BEC side controls the steering servos which uses juice from that battery so it will discharge this battery quicker. Make sure you are using the same identical batteries on both sides. If you connect the battery to the terminal and it doesn't turn on, try the other terminal as that should be the BEC side. So to clarify. If you are running 4s total, Meaning 2 batteries that are 2 cell, you'll only need to run one 2s LVC and that would be on the BEC side. I could sell you the 2s cutoff with the harness already made. I bought it, had problems with my stock Revo ESC and upgraded to MMM. If you want it, I'd sell it for $20 shipped. Looks brand new, but I know the previous owner used it a few times. I can send pictures if need be.

RC Champion
    Thanks alot. now i understand better. so what it will do is shut off when the BEC side batter gets to low. being that the BEC side drains faster the other one will be safe too.
    ©2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Competitor

I'm running a pair of 2S ***** 5000MaH lipos with the Kraegar harness useing a Novac 2 cell smart stop LVC and it works just fine.
    The ESC will not come on with just one batt. connected tho.
    Connect them both at the same time and then disconnect them one at a time and the one that makes the lite on your ESC go out the fastest is the BEC side.

From reading various threds here the BEC side is the side with the red paper tag on it.Mine was as well but try the batt disconnect method I described just to be safe and sure, plus yours mite be missing the paper tag.

RC poster

Works like a charm

Just wanted to add another success story to the list - I've just wired up the LVC (Novak Smart Stop 2s) as in the photo, and all is working fine. Quite surprised at the performance increase going from 8.4v NiMH to 7.4v LiPo - gonna get me some more of the cheapo ******* 5A batteries now!

RC Enthusiast

Sorry to dig this one up.... I had to put aside my hobby for work and fiancée and moving....

Thanks for the info here. This is really helpfull. Will try in the next couple of weeks to pick it up again and solder the sjebang.
    Still on the todo list is getting parts shipped from US for a complete brushless
    Looking for "E-Revo Brushless" shopping list.

RC Qualifier
    has anyone used the novak 4s lvc on two,4s batteries in parallel? Im running the Dewalt 14.4v motor my plan was to:
    wire the novak smart stop battery wires for 4s on the bec side of the evx-2
    run a parallel adapter on the bec side of the esc, to two 4s lipos
    and make a jumper wire for the other non bec battery input
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 04-13-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123